Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS1] Carl Clover Combos: 2]D[ is 104% multiplier

Carl's throw (I'm not sold on the overhead yet) is useful now cause 5a2a with delays is strong, stops jumpers while simultaneously beating mashers (very important since mashing beats overheads/throws). Going to try somethings out if someone already knows if its possible do tell. CH 623D IAD j.2c land 5c CH 623D IAD falling j.b/j.c land 5b/rejump j.a or j.b What the deal is with 2d 2b UB after an 8d KD j.b FCH IAD j.2c 22d > ??? Volante setup for an immediate backwards tech after a typical air combo Going to the cades to test corner UB setup tomorrow, hopefully someone will be there to assist.

Input for the 2d loop (sorry that the notation is a mess). I'm still going over how to perform it as easy as possible. 2a 2b 3c 22d 766 j.2c allecan land 2c 8d jump vertically* 2d** j.2c j.c land 44 [6] 9 2d*** j.2c j.c land 44 [6] early jump j.2c 8d j.214c. * When clap hits ** While falling then wait about 10 frames *** Wait about 10 frames before continuing All D inputs are referring to when you release rather than when it hits. The lower you catch them (with j.2c) and further you are from nirvana the more likely the loop will succeed. You can start the loop without doing 22d 766 but your just making it harder for yourself spacing wise. Random info 623c max range combos into 5c? (5b 5c 6d 236a j.2c allecan) x n does so much damage in CS. Confirmed to work on standing chars even with j.2c nerf. Corner only j.214c 8d x n? Its pretty hilarious. Edit: Messed up notation. Just fixing it. If anyone has a better way (more reliable or more easy) of doing the combo let me know.

THX for all your input Feri. =)

Any updates?

It seems we have more questions than answers. lol

I just need training mode for ~8 hours and we would be rockin. =/\

What's the new Airthrow Combo?

What's his FatalCH combo? We know that FCH gives him Air links, but there has to be more than that.

It could make 2C useful again...

~4700 @2:50

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=AutonomousR#p/u/8/1E5pKQZg-ZU

(5b 2b 5c 6d jump forward falling j.2c j.b j.c land) x 2 < 3800+ dmg. Good reset opportunities. 2a 2b 3c 22d IAD j.2c allegretto 8d (land rejump allegretto 8d) x n < Corner Only!

(5b 2b 5c 6d jump forward falling j.2c j.b j.c land) x 2 < 3800+ dmg. Good reset opportunities.

2a 2b 3c 22d IAD j.2c allegretto 8d (land rejump allegretto 8d) x n < Corner Only!

You mean x(5) because Nee~san dies after the 5th 8]D[ =P. This does lead into that awesome corner set-up I've been railing about tho.

Hey who wanna try this combo... is corner only. 5C,2C,3B, Jc.2C, ]2D[, 214 C, ]8D[, land , ( j.2C, 214 C , ]8D[ ) repeat this.. i don´t know how many times i can connect the part on ( ) i only get 3 reps, but seems that with good timming you can go for more. Deal at least 4k.

8131 pts- Rachel only? Corner only? Full Nee~san only? 3C, 214214D, 2C, 214214D, 5C, J.C, Allegreto, 8]D[ (2 hits), J.2C, J.C, 2]D[, J.2C, J.C, 2]D[, J.2C, J.B, 2]D[, 2C, 8]D[ (2 hits), 632146C

8131 pts- Rachel only? Corner only? Full Nee~san only?

3C, 214214D, 2C, 214214D, 5C, J.C, Allegreto, 8]D[ (2 hits), J.2C, J.C, 2]D[, J.2C, J.C, 2]D[, J.2C, J.B, 2]D[, 2C, 8]D[ (2 hits), 632146C

That combo seems VERY impractical, and who starts combos with 3C?

Just wondering... I'm guessing if you start with 2A/2B, it will be techable way before that, right?

I can imagine that starting the combo with 2A would nerf the damage horribly.

Lol, well let's just say you definitely wouldn't be getting anything near 8k. :vbang:

8131 pts- Rachel only? Corner only? Full Nee~san only?

3C, 214214D, 2C, 214214D, 5C, J.C, Allegreto, 8]D[ (2 hits), J.2C, J.C, 2]D[, J.2C, J.C, 2]D[, J.2C, J.B, 2]D[, 2C, 8]D[ (2 hits), 632146C

150% heat? :psyduck:

150% heat? :psyduck:

It's possible in CT as well. =P

Tension gained is vaguely proportionate to DMG given.

Thank you. The most practical way I see to do this is off of a punch loop reset. Possibly 6C. It's risky to just throw out 3C everywhere.

Someone test please: CH 6A, IAD, J.C, J.B, Land, 6A, Air combo of choice.

Someone test please:

CH 6A, IAD, J.C, J.B, Land, 6A, Air combo of choice.

-OVERLORD KYLE EDIT-

If no one has done this in a couple hours, I'll try it on my lunch break.

Hard to get CH 6A at my arcade.

Confirming, with the caveat of tiny-air-hitbox characters (possibly just Rachel? It's not like I could do super-extensive tests) it does not seem to work on, as I cannot seem to hit the jB against them while keeping them low enough that the 6A will actually hit. In any case, it's quite difficult, as it requires different timing based on the opponent's hitbox and the initial height you hit with 6A. I'm not going to say this is super great tech. Also, from the same session that produced this: I cannot do the "jump loop." Up and can't; not on any character I tried it on. the second 5B always pushes me far enough away that either the first jB whiffs or the jC whiffs. It might work if you have Ada in the corner and have her active the entire time, thus reducing knockback, but that seems to defeat the purpose of a Carl-only combo; that is, to allow Ada to get some shut-eye.

Confirming, with the caveat of tiny-air-hitbox characters (possibly just Rachel? It's not like I could do super-extensive tests) it does not seem to work on, as I cannot seem to hit the jB against them while keeping them low enough that the 6A will actually hit. In any case, it's quite difficult, as it requires different timing based on the opponent's hitbox and the initial height you hit with 6A. I'm not going to say this is super great tech.

Also, from the same session that produced this: I cannot do the "jump loop." Up and can't; not on any character I tried it on. the second 5B always pushes me far enough away that either the first jB whiffs or the jC whiffs. It might work if you have Ada in the corner and have her active the entire time, thus reducing knockback, but that seems to defeat the purpose of a Carl-only combo; that is, to allow Ada to get some shut-eye.

Well- Active ADA is FAR SUPERIOR to NO ADA. She cost virtually nothing. =P

It's true, it's true. I guess if you really need to conserve HP it works. But you have more damaging stuff that actually uses Ada. Most of the time I don't really think it's worth it.

I believe the biggest advantage to "Jump Loop" is being able to combo into and out of Unblocks/ resetting the scenario, with just enough Nirvana Meter that your opponent kicks the bucket before your doll. <- Theory, NOT ENOUGH EXECUTION. =( EDIT- THX for your help w/ testing Stark. :keke: