Sign in to follow this  
FlashMetroid

Jams Basics Thread

Beat me to it:lol: Hopefully he was good at baiting and ground loops. Who knows? Corner loop isn't all that hard. Takes like 20 minuites in training.

What is the timing of canceling 6HS(1 hit) to 6P? I get it sometmes but most of the time, no...

Awesome info +_+/ Thanks a lot. I just have one more quick question: I heard that you can cancel 236S - K into 236K and continue your combo but no matter how many times I tried it I don't seem to get it. Is this even possible?

Can someone help me time parries? The only way I manage to perform them is going to training mode, record the computer to repeatedly punch, and then start moving in 4-6 real fast as fast as I can. Basically I'm trying to mash the parry. ANd it sucks to do that. Ican't seem to pull it off in a real fight or even againsta computer. :psyduck:

Parry is an 8 frame(?) window, that's a fraction of a second. I don't think anyone will be able to give you any suggestions besides this. Just use it. When you have casuals with friends practice parrying, set the computer to do a staggered attack sequence (so there's enough time for neutral frames to parry again) and practice that way too. Also, you shouldn't be worried about pulling it off against the computer, you can't yomi a CPU.

Yea, you said you mash parry. I assume u just go from 4 to 6 non-stop. You have to go back to neutral after you press 6. 8 frames is pretty generous to me. Also, if you play on a pad, it's a lor easier/more reliable on a stick to do. This especially applies to successive parries. (goes back to playing Millia):vbang:

back in #R and / successive parries were the shit, but now that you have to go back to neutral in AC, is kinda difficult, so the best thing to do IMO is to dodge multi-hit projectiles and just parry things that are easy/have slow start up and punish

Parries are easiest used on your wakeup (though your opponent may adapt very quickly to your parry atttempts) and best used after a perfect guard, during an opponent's string. A very good way to train "match" parries is training with Venom's balls (just the timing of parry) or Axl's 6HS after a blocked 2HS (for post-block/mid-string parry). Once you can do this, you can also go for some AA parries (Slayer's j.HS comes into mind) And once you get good at it, you can try parrying Eddie's pressure strings (probably hardest since the timing can vary a lot). If you want to train "mashing" parries, do it with Ky's charged Stun Edge. If you have Really quick inputs, you may also want to learn burst cancelling. That's parry -> burst -> FD cancel. You get all the invincibility from burst but without actually spending it. Only a few times I've seen it during matches (mainly from KA2) and I never managed to pull it off.

not sure if anyone already posted this combo. near or in corner. IAD 214k > 66 > 2HS(1 hit) 236S~D > corner loop I managed to get this corner loop to work on eddie: 66 > 2HS 6HS-HS > 236S~D > 236S~D > 66 > 5K 2HS 6HS HS.. at least I think it was that.

I would just like to throw in that if you are going between 4 and 6 for successive parries.... you traverse through 5 giving you the neutral input you need... Parrying stuff like cse is still really easy...

I'm having some troubles with the 6k, and 5k used in the loop, are there any difference if I use 5k instead of 6k. I'm really having trouble on accuracy of input. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I'm having some troubles with the 6k, and 5k used in the loop, are there any difference if I use 5k instead of 6k. I'm really having trouble on accuracy of input. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Always use 5K instead of 6K. 5K hits lower (where you want to hit in the first place) and doesn't push you as far away from the wall. To answer your 2nd question, try using 4K instead of 5K.

I would just like to throw in that if you are going between 4 and 6 for successive parries.... you traverse through 5 giving you the neutral input you need... Parrying stuff like cse is still really easy...

Wouldn't that mean you don't have to attempt parry from neutral, which was the whole point of the neutral input in the first place: so you can't parry from block?

I get it, so I go (from the right going to the left) 66, 4k, 2hs, 6hs, hs x3. I did notice it since I could barely do three reps of the loop. Thanks.

hmm, lemme simplify this for you. For an easy combo at a lower height, I'll loop 66 > 5k 2HS 6HS,HS > 66 5k 2HS 6HS,HS > (this part is kinda optional, if they're high enough) 66 > 5k 2HS 236S~D I think you can do one sequence after this, but it's really hard to get in range, but hey experiment. there are few common loops listed in another thread, forgot which. the most basic one you should know : 2HS 6HS HS > 66 > 2HS 6HS HS > 66 5K 2HS 6HS HS the easiest way to practice loops, at least I found, is while learning IAD 214k. so the loop I've been practicing just to get an idea for loops (this works in the corner). IAD 214k \/ 2HS 6HS,HS > 66 > 2HS 6HS,HS > 66 > 5K 2HS 6HS,HS you should also experiment with variations also, with 5k 2HS 236S~D, this should help you understand hokuto no jam's wall combos.

Just a note: wall loops are char dependant. Somewhere there's a post that explains which loop variation works on which char. For example you can't pull off the same combo on Sol and Eddie. Sol demands a very specific loop & timing and it's kinda harder to perform. Eddie on the other side eats almost any loop variation but you just have to learn the most damaging variant.

Sign in to follow this