Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardian

Advanced AC Eddie-The Broken Monster of Doom

I don't know what you're talking about, pretty sure I saw them used in the last abc ranbats. You end up with more damage/stun doing the others usually I'm pretty sure anyways.

Not to mention ogawa did them when I played him just a few weeks ago.

Alot of youtube matches I've been seeing lately are kinda devoid of them, even when eddie has the tension. It was just something I noticed, didn't think it was true though.

You got to play Ogawa?

Lucky bastard.

Hey everyone, I've got two questions: After a 22s knockdown if I'm fairly close to the opponent would I have enough time for an unblockable on their wakeup? Like run up > summon > spit ball + 66 5k. It seems that they wake up too early to make the unblockable meaty, meaning they could sj. away or maybe iad back. So is it best just going for a summon mixup after a close drill kd? I've been trying to get an unblockable after a CH shadow S but I'm stuck on how to go about this. I've been trying to run up 6p, 5©s, -S-, jc. k - H, -S-, shadow gallery 1 hit into puddle unblockable after the CH wall bounce but I'm stuck on jc'ing into the air combos. What happens is that after -S- the opponent is launched too high into the air for me to follow up appropriately (I might get the jc. k - H once in a while, but in those cases the 2nd -S- will whiff). What am I doing wrong?

i have a question regarding to the timing for the following -s- CH into UB combo -s-(CH)>66>6p>-s->js>jhs>-s->SG(1 hit)>-hs- is it only for midscreen?and is it character speicfic? n i have trouble using -p- how does it actually work? thank you m(_ _)m

i do it in the following way:

1. -S- counter

2. catch opponent with 6P at the right height (press 6+P+S at the same time, 6P will come out and you'll have S holded)

3. on the second hit of 6P release S (and P moment after), jump cancel and jS, jHS. Timing for jS is like you doing usual air combo after 6P, so opponent should not be too high.

4. SG...

1 hit setup is easy on Sols, May. On other chars both hits of SG frequently hit, so you may want to use FRC

demo

After finally getting around to spending about an hour testing the CH Nobiru -> UB combo on various characters, I pretty much figured out most of the important points. If any of the details posted below look suspect, please let me know and I'll correct as necessary. Also, character-specific info, both new testing as well as verification of what's already posted, would be great if you guys feel like helping out with this.

Miniguide: How to perform the CH Nobiru -> UB -> Dizzy combo in 10 easy steps: :eng101:

1) After the CH wallbounce, you must pick the opponent up as low as possible with 6P. Some characters have more leeway than others (eg. Anji), but some (eg. Dizzy) are very specific.

2) Let 6P hit twice. Use the command 6[P] to get -S- readied.

Note: Let 6P only hit once on Dizzy.

3) Jump cancel out of 6P immediately.

4) Slightly delay your first -S- (ie. do it as late as possible). Release P only AFTER you have released S. If you release them at the same time or even within a frame or two off, you will get -P- because the game engine reads P attacks as having more 'priority' over S attacks in terms of inputs.

5) After -S- hits, use j.S (or j.K) immediately to avoid the crazy knockback of Nobiru. No need to hold S (or K), as the shadow is still in recovery and won't accept inputs anyway.

6) Cancel j.K/S into j.H. Delay the j.H by a good amount. By this time, if you followed step 3 you should be past the apex of your jump and on the way down. Again, no need to hold buttons - just press and release.

7) Cancel j.H immediately into Shadow Gallery (41236S). Just press and release S; you should get the correct timing.

**Depending on which character you're facing, you may need to FRC the Shadow Gallery**

(Lists are currently incomplete / not thoroughly tested)

FRC the Shadow Gallery (press and hold H and 2 other buttons) if you are fighting the following characters:

Ky, Axl*, Chipp, Johnny, Potemkin, Dizzy, Robo-Ky

For the following characters, no FRC is needed:

Sol, Axl*, Baiken, Anji, Slayer, Order-Sol

*needed if he is too low - use judgment!

8) Move the shadow forward if needed, then set the Shadow Hole while falling by pressing and releasing H. If you FRC'ed the Shadow Gallery, you should be holding H + some other buttons, so release H to set the puddle, then release the other buttons.

9) Guardbreak with j.S or j.H. Crossup if needed to avoid DPs.

10) Kill the opponent.

Puddle stun combo: 6P(2)-6P(2)-6P(2)-5H(2)-22S.

- Stop at any point if you see them become stunned (which they most always will).

- If by some heavenly act they are not yet stunned (see: Potemkin), attempt a 22H FRC + IAD down j.S unblockable.

Wait until the Shadow Hole trap wears off, then finish dizzied opponent with either of:

- 5S-2H-22D (22D), rsj.K-(S)-H-D. (Best damage)

- (5S-2H-)632146H. (Burst-friendly)

- Instant Kill!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A typical variant of the entire combo reads:

1) -S- (CH), 66, 6[P(2)] jc, -S-, j.K/S, delay j.H xx 41236S (FRC)

2) -H-, j.S/H, 6P(2), 6P(2), 6P(2)-5H(2) xx 22S (opp is dizzied)

3) 66, 5S-2H xx 22D, rsj.K-H-D

Nobiru!

"You Win!"

:vbang:

I don't know what you're talking about, pretty sure I saw them used in the last abc ranbats. You end up with more damage/stun doing the others usually I'm pretty sure anyways.

Not to mention ogawa did them when I played him just a few weeks ago.

How was it to play Ogawa? Is he as untouchable as he appears to be in the videos I see him in? Oh wow... it must be so awesome to play someone as good as he is. Is he a nice guy in real life?

...Oh, and just to be on topic, is it possible to tiger knee overdrives like Executer X? If so, do you have to do 2369 2369 S, or can you simply do 236 2369 S?

I hadn't read Teyah's post when I did this- but after rewatching Ogawa's ridiculous CH -> kill on kaqn I decided to learn and experiment with that combo.

I tested using CH from the starting position on a standing opponent, then 6P j.S j.HS gallery 1hit : [H] j.HS 6P 6P 6P 5HS(2hit) 22S : 44 22HS FRC iad j.S (j.HS) (5P) j.K j.HS j.D (j.K j.HS j.D) I found some interesting things.

note: When you dizzy the opponent while they are puddled, because you are right next to them and because you are linking the 6Ps it is extremely easy to confirm the dizzy and IK. You may not get to IK if you dizzy them after the puddle ends (going into the third unblockable), as they may be too far or high in the air

You can hit the opponent with both hits of 6P every time- although lighter/smaller hitboxes only allow you to j.K gallery 1hit, obviously not doing as much damage or stun as j.S j.HS gallery 1hit. (*)

Posted Image

** Axl's dizzy hitbox is too low and Eddie's IK will whiff.

*** While it is possible to do the full combo on Chipp, it is much easier to just j.K gallery, and you will still get a dizzy while he is puddled

**** While hitting the first part of the combo isn't terribly difficult- the timing is odd everywhere. The first 6P feels late, the unblockables are extremely late, especially the third far drill one- and the few times I actually landed the whole thing she didn't even get dizzied.

***** You will end up stunning Robo-ky if you land the full combo into unblockables- however he can stay on the ground and avoid the last one so it is not nearly as guaranteed as most characters.

Some Observations:

Against Venom, Axl, Ino (usually 1 hit), and Eddie (usually 2 hit) some of the time the gallery will 1 hit without requiring an FRC, and other times it would hit the second time- use your judgement to see whether you need to FRC or not- if you aren't sure you might as well do it against all of them except Axl because they all get dizzied in the puddle for a free IK.

For every character that requires you to use j.K gallery(1hit) you must use the FRC to prevent the second hit from gallery hitting.

Besides ABA, I listed characters as hard where the timing to get them low enough with 6P or the spacing for the rest of the combo is difficult.

Against Jam and earlier against Testament although not when I was making the guide they would sometimes dizzy during the puddle and other times not, and confirming the last hit of your last 6P to IK or 5HS is quite difficult.

For the times that you dizzy them after the puddle wears off (when they are in the corner) I personally like to use 5HS 22S, 2K and either 632146H or 2HS 22D 66 sj j.K j.HS j.D

also: After doing it a whole bunch against Eddie I realized that the place I messed up most was timing on the before the shadow gallery- make sure you aren't doing it too early, or they will be too far for the shadow gallery to connect.

How was it to play Ogawa? Is he as untouchable as he appears to be in the videos I see him in? Oh wow... it must be so awesome to play someone as good as he is. Is he a nice guy in real life?

...Oh, and just to be on topic, is it possible to tiger knee overdrives like Executer X? If so, do you have to do 2369 2369 S, or can you simply do 236 2369 S?

We had some close games but I never ended up beating him. I talked to him a little but it was hard to understand his Japanese so we didn't communicate much. He seems like a nice guy, and he dominates not just with Eddie but with Potemkin and I think he used Slayer too. (I only played his Eddie though.)

People are getting hit with ch -S- now? O_o It is possible to get a tensionless one hit SG on Johnny, just did it this past weekend (much to my surprise). If you want pure damage, you could also just go into a puddle SG loop. But I guess that wasn't what people were asking huh. I'll just remove myself from this conversation now. Eddie pwns.

I believe mid-screen 1-hit SG can be set up from a sliding opponent as well. Mawaru's 2 hits will juggle the opponent from slide state, then you can try to set up the 1-hit Shadow Gallery from here. Maybe someone with training mode can try it out?

Nice work hellmonkey. j.K-SG makes things a lot easier on those characters. And yeah, there are likely a ton of other ways of going into 1-hit SG, like 2D -S-, air/slide Mawaru hit, 2H CH in corner, 22S in corner (w/shadow out), etc.

You can hit the opponent with both hits of 6P every time- although lighter/smaller hitboxes only allow you to j.K gallery 1hit, obviously not doing as much damage or stun as j.S j.HS gallery 1hit. (*)

^--You can do it with j.S, j.Hs with everyone in the game. Confirmed by me. I went thorugh teh whole cast doing it.

On Sol/HOS, the following 1 hit SG setup works, confirmed today: 5D, HJ~FDC, j.p, j.D, land, 236k, j.K, j.HS, 41236s~-S-, -HS-, overhead of choice for UB. When done properly, the SG will be one hit and they will fall into the puddle. I tested this out on the sols and works pretty well, didn't have a chance to test for other characters though. Yay for brokeness. :psyduck:

Also just so you guys know, most UBs involving 22S, backdash, 22H FRC are not actually perfect unblockables - the j.S usually comes a couple frames late. I've noticed this against Potemkin, so chances are that it applies to most other chars as well.

guess it depends on wakeup timing (face down / face up).

if it's a couple of frames late on pot, chances are that it works against chars like chipp and some others.

chipp has 41f wakeup timing, which is the longest in the game, but i actually forgot if it was from face up or face down position.

I'm posting this in the "broken eddie" thread because it just might be that. My friend and I were playing and we discovered something strange; he was Ky and he charged up for his IK. I was Eddie and my response was to also charge my IK, right in his face. His unleashed his IK, but it went right through me, while I was still charging up. He was Like, WTF!!! And I just started laughing. So, we went into practice mode to investigate and everytime he tried to IK me it just wet through me, but only when I was also charging IK. I tried the same thing with I-no but it hit me. We didn't investigate any further. So do you guys know what's up with that?

Yeah, Eddie's IK activation pose has considerable invincibility, so that's not too out of the ordinary.

Also, this

Also just so you guys know, most UBs involving 22S, backdash, 22H FRC are not actually perfect unblockables - the j.S usually comes a couple frames late. I've noticed this against Potemkin, so chances are that it applies to most other chars as well.

is way out of date: "22S-BD-22H FRC IAD down j.S" is actually a perfect unblockable, provided you time every single command at the earliest point. The window feels like a total of ~3-4F for the three commands that must be done in quick succession (the BD, 22H FRC, and IAD down j.S), so it is very tight on timing but still doable.

So im practicing the latif combos lol. Anyway I was messing around with that 2H combo in the corner he did and you can acctually do lesss hits and not FRC the last SG. It goes like this... 2H> 236S> 4123698S> -S->jD>41236S> -H-> jH>6P(2hits)>5S>6P(2hits)>5S>6P(1hit)>5S>5H(2hits)>22S......backdash>22H>FRC>IAD>jS>jH>land>jK>jH>jD>land>jK>jH>jD adjust accordingly and it does 90~100% damage to just about everyone. Dizzys a lot of characters too so its pretty much a shure kill. I have also been messing with the CH -S- into DEATH combo and have fiannally got the gist of the first part. The problem I have now is that SOMETIMES they character likes to tech between jH and one hit SG. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear em.