Sign in to follow this  
Nehle

AC: Combos

Question! What do you guys do on the end of your blockstring? Assuming: 1- Your opponent blocks your mix-up/lockdown and you end up on the ground while Fish isn't up yet. 2- Same as above but with fish being up. Do you end your blockstring with 2HS -> Fish summon or ? Thanks in advance!

2hs is the worst possible finisher on Block string but still can be count for the delayed Ice spike anyway, usualy i never go to any real combos if it didn't connect 2p,2p,2d,iad 2s whatever :)

Question!

What do you guys do on the end of your blockstring?

Assuming:

1- Your opponent blocks your mix-up/lockdown and you end up on the ground while Fish isn't up yet.

Thanks in advance!

Without Fish I usually go for 3 specials, Scyther (s) frc into IAD or Dash 2k mix up or 5d. Ice spike Frc when im in a good mood.

if proper spacing is avalible air spike and 2k counter for any rush down.

2- Same as above but with fish being up. Do you end your blockstring with 2HS -> Fish summon or ?

I don't get your second question, but I never ever do another fish summon in pressure unless I score another knockdown or a k bubble pop and summon another fish then.

My favourite ending is 2d into bubble these day.

Fish out - blockstring doesn't end here :I: but if I had nothing planned I'd either go for bubble > mixup or , more likely, bubble, pop with homing pike > iad mixup. Fish not out, yea, something like 2p, 2k 2d > bubble and see how the opponent reacts Edit: Also this more likely goes in the okizeme thread

You can do 6P > 6H > 643215S FRC, 421S but usually it's not worth it, i just let them get knocked down after the imperial ray and reset pressure

I'm having a little trouble with the bubble loop. Do I release the pike at the moment of summoning, a little before, or a little after and pop it with a j.K? I know it's a little situational depending on where the pike is held, but as a general rule of thumb should I try to pop the bubble with the pike or use the pike to keep the opponent in hit stun?

Release the pike a little after or exactly on summoning the bubble

Anyways, I sat a little in practice yesterday and I found two bubble loop corner setups that work on everybody, including Axl with the retard hitbox and robo who weighs a billion tons or something

1) HP Fish, IAD j.2S, laser, ad.2S j.H, land, bite (short dash) 6P > 421 > bubble loop The short dash is not always necessary

2) HP Fish, dash 2k, laser, dash 2k/c.S > 6P > 421 > bubble loop (Might not be worth it what with 2k proration, but bubble loops look awesome :kitty: )

Yes, they are both okizeme setups. The reason both work is that the P bite fish will help you lift your opponent. I'm still working on followups after the first one if they block it, right now I'm thinking something like c.S 2S IAD j.2S > new mixup

on the second combos, the 2k can be substitute with 5k to maximize the damage :) it's easier to do the old combo movie version thought imho hp fish, dash 5k, laser, dash 5k,2d,bite,iad j.d(1hit)+bubble,bite + bubble pop, air pike ... that 2k scale damage like crazy :gonk: i've test that combo on Ky, Tes, Jam & Johnny anyway doing bubble loop on pad is a big pain in the ass :vbang: ... i'm macroing p+k button to do it correctly

on the second combos, the 2k can be substitute with 5k to maximize the damage :) it's easier to do the old combo movie version thought imho

The old combo movie version doesn't work on all characters as far as I know, that's the points with these two

And yea, I'll only go for another 2k if they blocked the first one, of course.

Starting with 5k is better damage but not recommended as people have no problem blocking neutral attacks

Edit: It's good to stuff jump-out attempts though

yeah, that's the sux part of 5k =(... and that's why i post on which character that combos have been tested by me =) doing 2k occasionally was also good ideas to nail Dizzy 5d once in a while :keke:

Release the pike a little after or exactly on summoning the bubble

Anyways, I sat a little in practice yesterday and I found two bubble loop corner setups that work on everybody, including Axl with the retard hitbox and robo who weighs a billion tons or something

1) HP Fish, IAD j.2S, laser, ad.2S j.H, land, bite (short dash) 6P > 421 > bubble loop The short dash is not always necessary

2) HP Fish, dash 2k, laser, dash 2k/c.S > 6P > 421 > bubble loop (Might not be worth it what with 2k proration, but bubble loops look awesome :kitty: )

Yes, they are both okizeme setups. The reason both work is that the P bite fish will help you lift your opponent. I'm still working on followups after the first one if they block it, right now I'm thinking something like c.S 2S IAD j.2S > new mixup

really on everybody? i've had trouble landing some bubble loops because of character differences, but i'll try to practice these comboes thanx

These both work on lifting every character I have tried on, and that's where the character specific part of the bubble loop ends, might havwe to superjump some character, but once they're lifted, they're all doable

I couldn't get either of them to work on Ky.

I could get this, however:

HP fish, IAD 2.s, lazor, AD 2.sm, j.hs, bitey, dash 2hs, bitey, 421, etc...

The thing about this is that the first bitey fish will get you enough time to dash 2hs, the 2nd bitey fight will connect your 2hs into 421.

I only tried it on ky, but I'll try on more characters.

I got both to work on Ky with the original setups :8/: For the first one, skip the dash and do 6P immediately after landing, for the second one, you have to be as close as possible when you do c.S > 6P

Oh wow, ok got the first one to work, very nice.

Wouldn't doing 2HS do more damage though? It's kinda hard to time correctly, however, so your version if pretty much guaranteed.

Nice, thanks for these, I've been trying to figure some out for awhile....I never though tabout skipping the c.s after landing, lol.

This also works off of a 2K:

HP fish, dash 2K, lazor, dash c.S, HS, Bitey, 5D, bitey, 7FD, j.HS, bubble, j.HS, 421, sj.HS, bubble, sj,k, j.p, j.s, j.hs.

Note: If the second bitey fish whiffs, you can cause a knockdown.

Knockdown version:

HP fish, dash 2K, lazor, dash c.S, HS, Bitey, 5D, bitey (whiff), 7FD, j.HS, bubble, j.HS, walk back a little bit, f.S (3 hits) 236HS.

I like to do this when I land a 2K as meaty. The differences in our versions are mainly that with your the get a 2nd options low hit (the 2.k/c.S). And with mine you get the over head (5D).

Any opinions?

This work on all characters also, since it pretty much is a combo that includes Dizzys impossible dust.

Yea, I've covered that in the oki thread. A guaranteed KD combo off 2k is HP fish, 2k, laser, c.S 5h > (bite) 236S, bite, dash c.S 5H 2H 236H

Due to the proration from 2k, would you think it wise to always lead into the knockdown?

Especially due to 2k proration.

What excelence said, kill or knockdown

Edit: or burst bait

is there some list as to what characters dizzy can combo her 6p into 421s (in the corner of course)? maybe its earlier in this thread and i missed it :v:

i've never been able to air trow somebody's burst on reaction.The few times i've done it is when my opponent gets predictible with the his Burst and i've been able to anticipate it It seems like you have to expect it in order to get the air trow,there's a difference bewtween expecting something and reaction to it vs. just randomly seeing it and reaction to it

Sign in to follow this