Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mr_tolkien

[GGAC] Robo Combos

Hi, I'm a new RK player and have a hard time figuring out which one of his combos are really valuable. So, may I ask you which combo you would do in each situation I describe, with 0-10-25-50+-100% of tension? Normally there ought to be 3 combos each time, one for pure damages, one for mind game&okizeme, and a balanced one (not too hard and not too tension needing) I really thank anybody that will answer, ad it will greatly help me :) So, what would you do after : A deep K A deep P A deep cS A deep 2K A deep jS A deep lv3 horsie A full missile A far lv3 horsie A full range cS A full range 2S A throw Thanks :) I know a lot of combos will look alike, but we know the little differences that will exist are the key to winning or losing once you have a good lockdown game ;) As of now, I don't even what's best to do on a close 2S. Is it a Hs frc 66 P S JC jP jS JC djS djHs or Hs frc 669 jK jS JC djK djD? I can't figure it out. I drop both about 1 time on 5, and they both do roughly the same damage... And is it better to try set up a missil loop? Anyway, again, thanks. I really need your help to ass pawn everybody in France with my RK NYARK NYARK NYARK

after 2s 5HS frc its much easier to just run in a bit and do 5s then either j.k j.s j.k j.s j.h or j.k j.s j.k j.d the 5p after the 5hs frc depends on the char you are trying to combo really light chars it doesn't work on at all, some chars you have to run in before the 5p to connect with c.s, while other chars the c.s won't connect unless you don't move after the 5HS frc if i have 0-30% meter then after any normal i do the following: 5k: 5k 5k c.s 2s (on some of the fatter chars you can get another 5k) 5p: it depends on the char actually.... the chars i want on the ground i just do c.s 2s 2d chars i want in the air cuz their air to grounds are easy to grab 2hs 2d then more 2hs as they fall 2k: 2s 2d then oki 2s: 2d oki throw: chars like chipp and millia - frc run up c.s j.k j.s j.s j.hs everyone else - 2d oki 30-60% meter what i do is really situational... depends on how much life i have in comparison to them/heat so on so forth 60-100% 5k (low heat): 5p pony 5hs frc c.s air combo 5k (fire-opponent has burst): 5p pony punching super -> followup 5p 5p 2hs 2d 5k (fire-no burst): 5p 5d dust combo 5p (low heat): 5hs frc 2k 2s 5hs frc c.s air combo 5p (fire): do the same thing as the 5k fire combos c.s (low heat): f.s pony 5hs frc c.s air combo c.s (high heat): f.s pony punching super 5hs frc c.s then if think i can do j.k air combo otherwise 2hs 2k: 2s 5hs frc 5s air combo (i just go for this no matter what heat unless i know its c.h. then i do 2hs) j.s (low heat): 2k then above j.s (fire): 5p 5d dust combo pony: near far doesn't matter just 5hs frc c.s air combo pony (fire): punching super then read above for post punching super combo alternatively you can also do 5hs frc pony 5s pony until you don't have lv 3 ponies anymore missile you can't really do much unless its c.h. and wallbounces. this rarely happens with lv3, but if it does you can try to run in 5k 5s air combo i hope this helps a little bit... but to be honest i'm definitely not the person you want to know combos from since i generally go for what's easiest also note that these are under the assumption that you are midscreen in the corner try to get as many missiles while managing youir heat

Thx ;) But, as an example, with 2K 2S HS FRC cS aren't you too far to air combo into jD ??? When i perform this, I can't get the jD to hit... And when going for a rj combo I often hit jK to soon and it doesn't come out (fu**ing jump startup frame...). And as you put it, it seems than under 60% tension you barely try to go for damages. Can't you with 30% percent land some high damages combo with HS FRC ? :) Anyway, thank you very much, I'll try going by that :) PS : and what is the best setup for the missile loop? :)

for j.D it depends on the char... i go for the j.hs end just because they have more recovery than j.d. most of the time when i get j.d to connect it only hits like 3 times and the other char recovers before i do. as for the reason i don't do big damage combos under 30%... i could if i wanted to, but none of his big damage combos lead to knockdown and my play style is based on doing weird shit as oki, so after doing a big damage combo bringing me down to no meter makes roboky pretty useless and its really hard for me to get the game back to my pace as for missile loops... the easiest ones come from 5D in the corner try 5D j.s j.s j.D then missile x n or 5d j.s j.s j.hs missile x n. this works best with lv2 missiles but you can do it with lv3 missiles too... its just a lot harder (you might have trouble doing this combo on chipp) as long as they are against the wall in the air, its pretty easy to do a lv2 missile loop if you can hit with j.hs, unfortunately j.hs builds heat stupid fast for me normal missile loop combos are easiest when i have 100% meter.... that way i can start a bit farther away from the wall also missile loops build up heat crazy fast so the lower the heat the better. for a sample combo.... about 1/3 screen from corner try like lv3 pony 5hs frc run in 5hs frc j.k j.s j.hs then 4 missiles there's also nezu's stupid hard dizzy combo which is... you are in the corner and do a back grab frc, 5hs frc tk missile then 4 more if you watch the jp roboky combo vids made you can watch some pretty crazy missile loop combos hopefully someone else can help you out more with combos since my play style is less focused on combos and pretty different from most of the other robokys out there oh yeah a real good missile loop starter is a counter hit 2hs in the corner... once you get it super jump up j.HS and shoot missiles. there may be some chars where you can use a less heat generating alternative than j.hs but that will connect with every char i think

You're more likely to learn the combo if you can figure out what it is on your own. Learning combos by seeing them is a valuable skill, especially in this era where you can go to youtube and find out what today's robos are combo-ing.

Neither was I. But when I went through the trouble of being able to recognize moves by how they look it resulted in an overall improvement for me.

...what so hard about learning a combo by watching it? If you go practice mode, and try out his skills, you should see what those skils look like.