Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jais

[AC] Bridget Match-Ups FAQ

Thanks.

f.s->6s is a much better option

To clarify, I was talking about like if the Bridget player is low in the air, then Dizzy does a projectile, is it a good idea to descend or airdash. Since j.K stuffs late 6Ps, in some matchups this can be a good way in. Not against Dizzy from the sound of it.

fd... her 2s hit box is bigger than u think XD, and Dizzy rarely use 6p as an aa it's slow the hit box is in the mid section of her body and i barely can take advantage of it's upper body invincibility as an aa. btw if u're that low i think her air pike/scythe will pawn buri :v:

I was at SJSU yesterday, and I was having some problems against a May player. I didn't really know how to punish her. I think her 6P as well as her horizontal dolphin rush (correct me if I'm wrong) goes through Bridget's 5S (Bleh), and I had no clue how to stop her weird overhead dolphin attack or the cross-up mindgames involved with it. Any advice? :psyduck:

About Eddie, although I realize it's a really outdated writeup: Common sense, but if you let him get within a shadow P's distance of a 4set yo-yo, Razor Roger is really risky; he can evade (he crosses it up, essentially) the RR and counterhit you during the summon's recovery time (worst-case scenario) or force you to block shadow uppercut. This is just about your worst-case yo-yo scenario because you're stuck in blockstun waiting for it to come out. If that distance comes up, I'd just call the yo-yo back. I think you get the best results zoning Eddie midscreen with Roger Get, from TK yo-yo set height and normal jump apex height. RG has the fastest summon animation of anything but yo-yo recall, you can space it to deal with drills and it's got retarded payoff on hit (knockdown or combo)... even the blockstun is really valuable against Eddie, since he's not fantastic at dealing with Bridget's pressure even from improv, semi-neutral situations like blocking RG or blocking yo-yo return. Granted, he'll probably eventually fly out, but that's better than filling up the screen with his wang and killing you. May is Jais' department, lol.

May..may may may may may.... I understand Andrew's inherent disgust at the Millia match-up. I am so glad I have never had to fight it in tourney. I play Phil 6 times a year on avg ( sadface), I feel that fight is TERRIBLE. Now about May, in my honest opinion, This fight is just as bad as Millia. My biggest set-upless damage w/ Buri, sadly is off a Anti-air 6P and a CH2S~6S~B&B. Both of these are thrown out the window. You can't use them as "reflexes" to rush ins. Her normals just plain beat yours. Here is what I rely on against May, Yo yo call back CH ~B&B. No shit that's all I feel you can adequately rely on. Your abhare = shit hers = 80% life and knockdown. I can do the match-up guide later, Imma touch on a few things now. 1) DO NOT SWING UNLESS YOU CREATED THE SITUATION* 2) You can CH 6P a pressured Horizontal IFF they don't FB it. 3) Her ground pokes (5HS, and 5K) Are both low invincible and amazing 4) If you backdash, from IAD distance ( like we all fo to create space w/ Buri) May gets a FREE IAD j.S~j.HS, land Vert Dolphin loopx3~ knockdown 5) Don't offensively Fuck with her J.HS, period. Don't 6P.Don't 2S.Don't Swing. Junp into it, instant block, and if you are lucky enough to guard it in the right frame( Bso your close enough), you can either net a falling j.K~jc.K~j.S~j.2S or an air throw. 6) Do not throw her on your oki, her 5K is throw invincible and nets her %70 and knockdown. 7) Her 5HS leaves her at like +7( no lie) Meaning YOU CAN NOT SWING AFTEWRWARDS OR YOU DIE 8) Her frame traps are best tio deal with by FD'ing to create more space and jmup away. 9) Jump away w/ FD incase May throws a Vertical Dolphin thatnets her 60% life and knockdown as a GROUNDED jump bait. 10) If you don't jump it'll cross in the corner and then she'll FRC fr 50% and knockdown. 11) Your best AA is yo yo call back. 12) Her pressure of 5K(far)~f.S~Special move that gives her an advantage. you are gonna want to FD that to push her away father. 13)You can't zone her...she counter zones you just like HOS and Jam. By the time you are zoning and wanting to AA her she set a hoop and the longer the hoop sits there the more of a disadvantage you are at. Hos has charge and Jam has card. 14) Your combo damage is ass and hers is amazing 15) Your throw damage is ass and hers is amazing 16) Your abahre is ass and hers is amazing 17) Your air throw range is ass and hers is amazing 18) Your frame traps are ass and hers are amazing I HATE THIS FIGHT ooh yeah pressure 2S~2K(whiff), 2S(CH bait) is really good. * Very important Much love =] Good luck everybody

I really shouldn't comment on a match-up I have very little experience with, but I always 2D at max range to get rid of little eddie. Is that a bad choice?

I mean if it's working, it's working. I can tell you from experience that shadow uppercut (my personal pick for "best non-forward-XE-Beast move in the game") can straight up stuff 2D or trade hits with it, counterhitting (which allows Eddie to do shadowless air combo in the case of a trade... not as bad as shadowy air combo, but not something you want to hand to him if you can avoid it), so I personally wouldn't advise that as the go-to tactic.

Excelence is also correct that if you're attacking the shadow with grounded normals, the body can just Invite Hell for knockdown or counterhit you with one of his own normals, so it's always really risky. If he's doing Break The Law + shadow, on the other hand, it's not as bad an idea... but I think mashing 2P is still a little bit safer, and even that has the risk of he beats it (I think shadow P does this at a certain timing, I don't know if I've ever had shadow uppercut blow through 2P though), hits you, kills you...

The big risk with attacking the shadow with yo-yo moves is that he'll counterhit you with shadow uppercut, but if you're playing properly at fullscreen he doesn't have a ton of opportunities to do this.

In general, Eddie has to get lucky to start his game on Bridget from a neutral situation. The problem is, Bridget's safest gameplans don't really allow you to maximize damage against Eddie more often than not; jumping away from pressure is much better with Eddie than with other characters and he has his ultra-prioritized counterpoke 2P to deal with greedy Bridget 2P into running attack kind of pressure, so most of the fight is going to be at midrange. If Eddie is alternating between jumping out and throwing out hail-mary guesses with big fat moves that end the round on counterhit, like shadow uppercut for no reason, force break drill, 6H (primary use IMO is clipping Bridget as he ascends for a jump with j.P, this essentially rules out j.P as an anticipatory jump catch) and 2H, he's going to take 10% damage or under any time he guesses wrong and do monstrous damage into knockdown into who knows what else any time he guesses right.

I make it sound worse than it is, I think it's in Eddie's favor but not by a huge margin.

I think in other games (or maybe just #R and Slash) Millia wasn't that bad a matchup, but I'm having a lot of trouble with it again in AC.

More Eddie, because I'm bored.

The most rewarding option he has to stop you from opening the match with far S, at least that I know of, is 2K->H Invite Hell. Combos on counterhit, knocks you down, ruins your day. I would in all honesty just not far S him at the beginning of the round (nor would I far S most characters) if I had a brain, since it's really obvious and more or less pointless, but since I'm a dumbass I still go for it every once in a while. At any rate, he's going to be aware of this because going balls-out and poking the shit out of him right from the start of the match is something he's going to be expecting and 2K->H Invite Hell is such a common counter to that kind of nonsense in all of his matchups.

One thing you can do is just let it whiff and sweep him, which is always embarrassing. If the Eddie's scared enough of you not to open the match with 2S->H Invite, another idea is 4set right out the gate. One problem here is if he does shadow uppercut (your only real incentive for opening with far S, although even then 2D at the same beat-2K staggered timing to hit the shadow itself is probably better), it'll hit you in the last frames of the yo-yo set's recovery; since it's a normal hit too far out for him to combo and not a counterhit, that's not so bad.

In any case, this deals with his most common and theoretically safest openings; any kind of defensive movement, and 2K. If he runs away, you can backdash or jump back to control the positioning of his end of the screen. If he does 2K, you don't have enough time to directly punish the whiff but it essentially resets the match-opening guess, this time with the added threat of the 4set backing you up.

If he does do 2S->Invite or something like that... well, he guessed right. Not much to say, except you're not in counterhit state so you can still block the invite. Not fantastic positioning for him, but you didn't get the yo-yo out there either.

I'm a big fan of jumping back at the start of the match because I'm a big fan of jumping back at all times because I'm an idiot, but more and more it feels like a losing guess against Eddie to me.

can i recommend we create a section in this guide that discusses how to get out of pressure for each character? im noticing that against those who know Bridget all too well, this becomes a really big problem.

Something along the lines of Jais' most recent May posting like so (Post 184, number 12 on that list for reference)

12) Her pressure of 5K(far)~f.S~Special move that gives her an advantage. you are gonna want to FD that to push her away father.

Nothing any more complicated than that (unless whoever is posting wants to go into more detail with it)

It's as sound idea I agree. The only problem I see is even more redundancy. For example. It's pretty much going to say, Instant Block+FD to create space, then 1F jump away unless you have FD'd them far away enough as to visually see their next attack and then CH it. Example1) Slayer IB+FD until he is so far away all he can do is IAD, Mappa, 6H at this distance just throw out 2S if he's a lill close where the 2S is not safe to swing, then 1F jump. Example2) Sol IB+FD until he is so far away all he can do is IAD, bandit punch, bandit kick or gunflame if he throwsgunflame 1f jump out therwise if you see a ch listed in the ch list, take the damage. it's all pretty much gonna say FD+IB to 1f jump, unless you can CH as listed above.

hmm good point i guess what i was meaning to say was "when to FD within a pressure string" or "what move should be IB'd to get the 1f jump off", but even so, that would still be pretty repetitive =/

I do like it though and the whole point of the match-up guide is to help ppl... Whenever my request for a sub-forum gets put through I'll append it. Even though it's redundent it is still "assumed" one can figure it out for themselves. Maybe the order, as in. I can put the CH section right after the dealing w/ pressure section. Thanks for the advice/ input.

Jais swapping sides when kyle's setting hoops is too cool, way to go~! I still don't get how you can avoid getting randomly VD. You know the match-up a little too well.

Posted Image Baiken

Stats

6.0/4.0 Big damage =\ Matts are king zoning. They lead to big damage.

Openers

Your initiative

j.P~react

block low, react

KSMH (P beats a lot and if she command runs you can K and escape)

backdash, react

Baiken initiative - How you counter

5S, - CH f.S~KSMH(whiff)~P

J.D,- 6S

J.S,- j.P

backwards IAD tatami- 6S

63214K (invul dash), - throwm 2K, 2D, KSMH(auto guard)~K whiff

backdash - f.S~6S~HSS_#

Punishes

Counters

Blocked P counter, f.S 2D~FRC~B&B.

Bloced S counter, f.S or 2D~FRC~B&B. Unless your close, the pushback wont allow for both hits to connect. if the S counter is FRC'd, its SAFE, dont try to punish her cause she has frame advantage. a 2k very close to baiken will cause the S counter to go over bridget if properly timed because she is in crouching state. You can Backdash it also ><

Aohurn - Backwards IAD j.S will smack baiken for a CH. 6P causes it to either whiff or clash if she goes right over you. 2K will sometimes make it go over you as well (pending based on distance from her)...if your 3/4 across the screen, you'll beat her out with a 6P. 6S is NOT a reliable anti counter imo against that counter.

K counter, throw her when she stops or 5k~f.S~2D if you react fast enough.

Punish tatami with f.S or 2D up close. Tatami is safe for her if she does it at max range and u dont either IB/SB it.

Punish air 623S with the CH 6P B&B combo.

Punish 63214K (invul dash) with a low attack or throw.

Her slashing super you can flash block the second hit and starship~FRC~B&B the third.

Counters

6P beats mindless j.HS pressure but do it EARLY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

6S beats Air tatami

Pressure Roger Rush so you can air throw aohrun back into Roger.EASY

Bear will cancel hits w/ mat ( projectiles) and then she is CH open.

Anti-airing

For this particular match, 6P actually stops just about everything Baiken can do from an IAD/ariel perspective. 6P will clash with baiken's 623S. For a baiken trying to spam j.HS, 6P will either clash or beat it out unless you start it too late, then baiken wins the CH. IAD tatami...nothing Bridget has will beat it out so don't try. You have to hit her before the tatami hits you...generally 6S works better for countering it vs 6P. For Aohurn, 6P will usually only cause it to whiff. if your 3/4 across the screen away from her when she does it, 6P can catch her coming down for the CH. Again, i personally wouldn't rely on 6S for stopping that counter. Starship will clash with j.S and j.HS , tatami and yo-zonsein beats starship.

Zoning

Zoning to bait CH's is your only chance at winning in this match-up, since baiken can easily get out any and all situations Bridget can put her in with relative ease.

f.S is not a reliable poking tool, since Tatmi will CH you. Your best bet is to not stay in baiken's face, use a lot of j.p,yo yo,buffer zoning to bait dashes, jump ins, and punish accordingly .

Their game plan

Use counters to get out of pressure, IAD tatami's, J.hs lockdown, getting big dmg off of just about every option available, wait for you to make the 1st mistake, tick throw in the corner to get an easy 10-15% off of Bridget, guard building pressure, getting a knockdown via j.D combos ~ IAD tatami pressure.

If she pressures a 6P, you pretty much want to guard high b/c it doesn't gatlin to any lows and all she can so is special cancel and jump cancel AKA instant yo-zonsein

If she pressures the chain pull, just 1F jump out.

Strategy

All my damage comes from lil pokes and proper anti-airing. You can not RTSD,

BE PATIENT. Rely on roger/yo yo gimmicks to be the main bases of putting pressure on her and bait something out to punish. Tick throws = $$$$ (*note* you can throw her out of the S counter before it shoots out). Learn to realize that she tends to be safe after a lot of her moves so try to punish the obvious, and for everything else, learn to just block it and wait for an opening. DON'T get antsy and panic cause she causes your guard gauge to flash in 5-6 hits. You do = she wins. also....truth be told, FB roger rush is a waste of tension (overall) in this match, dont bother. No smart baiken is gonna react to that move with the S counter for obvious reasons. Starship on wakeup = NO. Learn to block the oki rather than relying on starship invul frames. Starship actually loses with alot of baiken's junk , so be wary of her CH baiting the Starship w/ tatami.

from a knockdown, you UB that whore, all day. Baiken like guarding b/c it's potential alpha counter damage.

Char specific details

combo’s

2D FRC 5K, 6S B&B takes a huge chunk of dmg for 25% tension (only end with starship if extremely close during the 2D FRC)

All other usual combos seem to work well on her but combo's will mostly end in yo yo sets vs starship ender.

Aerial CH 6S~HSS_7~6S :thumbu:

Starship~FRB~B&B you have to SJI th e6S or the last j.2S whiffs.

IAD combo -

SJI combo - YES! Corner UB woot

KSMH~K on Crouch - normal

KSMH~K on Stand - normal

its probably about time to correct some things here and add other things...now that its been almost a year that i wrote the 1st writeup, and ive had the honor (:vbang: ) of still dealing with this matchup the most, i can fix stuff...but rather than just correct things in the above quote, ill just say whatever is on my mind here and just reference the old material if necessary

note - [RIC] is gonna be my shorthand for rolling idou cancel whenever i need it

1st off...the 1st objective of this matchup is to get a yo yo out (obviously)...usually the go-to goal is to have it behind the opponent, but for this matchup, it really doesnt matter, u just want it out because your gonna have to get in the habit of roll canceling EVERYTHING you do against this ho. until u get that yo-yo out, i dont recommend attacking her at all cause all your range pokes have enough neg frames behind it to get hit with a counter for free (specifically Aohurn)...

** important note #1 - special canceling something like f.S ~ Starship will NOT save you from Aohurn....ive tried this strat, and i eat a CH everytime...thats right, CH, not trade, not clash...CH

** important note #2 - f.S ~ HSS_ can be punished by Aohurn as well every single time (except in the corner) unless the baiken player didnt time it right..its this reason why i recommend doing just a empty yo-yo set and going from there

So now, the yo yo is out, and your both at neutral, what now?

#1 (this is my personal strat but it may not work for others) - this is the time where u wanna get the yo yo to an ideal spot...personally, so long as the yo yo is on the ground (via 4set or air 1/2/3set, or even 7 set..personally i use 4 or 7), it doesnt matter where it is...u can constantly do something like f.S [RIC] f.S [RIC] to at least annoy the player into doing something stupid....if they are smart, then using this same strat will allow you to react the fastest way possible to whatever maneuvers the baiken player chooses (u roll straight into the ground and recover instantly...this is why this strat is good to keep in mind)

#2 you wanna get in - I would actually recommend staying away from this...this strat will get you killed really fast...but sadly...you have to resort to this at some point. Your options are to pretty much just stick to doing j.c moves and rolling offense (*note* when you roll...dont forget to FD)....attack as SAFELY as possible...an obvious, yet still important fact to remember. Throws are also really good..just understand that baiken's 5HS is dumb in the sense that it comes out relatively fast, and if u mis-tick throw and accidently do a yo-yo set/callback.....well...just dont.

#3 you stay away - probably THE BEST option, and the most used...when your at a distance, you essentially cut off half of the counter options baiken can do and narrow it down to Aohurn or the K counter...or a baku if they choose to do that (yea, it'll hit). you may have more range than baiken, but dont aimless throw stuff out, your hitbox during the active frames of your pokes will allow baiken's pokes to still land when they shouldnt...Kabari will also outrange anything you do, so watch for that too. Tatami's will actually CH your pokes if your yo yo makes contact with that door....:vbang: ). Roger calls are ok here..use your judgment. RFDC all over the place if u want..but understand that u cant beat baiken in the air...u just cant.....

So now, there's the misc information type stuff

- In the past, i said that the best way to counter Aohurn was with 6P...i actually wanna take that back now..the best counter is to air throw the bitch or just block. if your [RIC] stuff, your actually high enough to where u can just hit HS and air throw her....however u gotta time it right, or thats a CH.

- there's not really a damn thing u can do to stop IAD tatami's unless u anticipated it. 5p might work, but if your gonna resort to that, u may as well just IB the move and go from there.

- Baiken's pressure can "seem" intimidating"..but it isnt. the only reason it poses such a problem is b/c when it lands, it does enough dmg on Bridget + KD...her pokes will also crank your guard bar up relatively fast....u also cant react to Yoza, doesnt matter how good u are....so if your in a force 50/50 decision, you just have to defend against the option that would do the most dmg and wish for the best...problem here is Yoza RC combo will do about 55-60% on bridget and the typical 2D tatami FRC mess does about 45-50%....so yea...

- Wakeup starship gets beat out by so much of her shit....dont use it unless u got the tension...or u know it'll land.

- Baiken's j.S is one of those moves that she can throw out for days and there isnt really much u can do cept hit her before she shoots it out...if u cant accomplish that, just block. 6P does NOT work very well against it

- Unblocks are ok to go for..but good luck actually landing it...your better off using the unblock attempt as a fake out maneuver instead and be ready to bait some counter

I'll add more as i get around to it.

Another vs. Baiken trick, similar to the part in strat #1 involving the low set, f.S roll stuff. Instead of simply rolling from the f.S, FDC the roll and watch for the Ouren. if she does it, call the yoyo back if it's positioned correctly and get a CH. Then land, and enjoy one of your rare opportunities to actually damage this whore. I honestly believe this is Buri's worst match in this game.

Another vs. Baiken trick, similar to the part in strat #1 involving the low set, f.S roll stuff. Instead of simply rolling from the f.S, FDC the roll and watch for the Ouren. if she does it, call the yoyo back if it's positioned correctly and get a CH. Then land, and enjoy one of your rare opportunities to actually damage this whore.

I honestly believe this is Buri's worst match in this game.

Im not sure i agree with this statement. I see what your saying can happen...but if your using strat #1, it wouldnt work unless you had the yo yo buffered beforehand (perhaps explain better where that "ideal spot" is in order to have a better understanding?)

Yo yo callback has 8f to go thru before it becomes active. If you roll FDC and try to call the yo yo back too fast, you'll get a TK razor roger (so baiken wins)..if the yo yo is too close to you, it would just come back to u without hitting her (either you might be able to block and your both neutral, or baiken wins if you were still going thru some active animation frames) , and if u do the call back too late, thats a CH for baiken on you (baiken wins)

Now obviously you can wait long enough so that you dont accidently do a TK razor and hope for the best...but i dont think it's worth the risk, given the speed ouren has (in essence, baiken get's a headstart moving away from the yo-yo so that you dont screw up the input). if your anticipating a ouren while your in the air, your better off just throwing a j.p/j.s/rising 2S as a better alternative (i havent actually tried to meet her in the air with these moves so i dunno how reliable they are)

i'm just fighting slayer last week, and reading Slayer strat, i got the impression, zoning him out on the ground is a bad idea, i've never got any problem with my f.s but i eat lots of 2hs ch on this match, does my spacing is bad or f.s isn't a bright idea for zoning in this match up?

f.S is pretty good from my experience, but its not something u wanna rely on at your keep away poke. At max distance however..i wanna say that u can avoid 2HS and CH him, but im not 100% sure How often do u use 2S? it may be a better zoning move on the ground (w/ yo yo stuff) for this matchup imo. There's always 3P too if your getting hit by CH 2HS

yeah f.s was good on other matchup but i got caught on 2h ch just to much on this and i switching to 2s and 3p for low invul to beat that damned 2h, 2p didn't do realy good either as his 5k has retarded range and probably he'll do 2h before Buri got close enough for poke :vbang: this matchup is realy rough, a slight mistake he'll get in with bbu and big combos duh

F.s is bad in my experience, it is only good if you were to bait BBU on wake-up w/ 2P, but they actually Dandy, then you whiff the 2P and immediately throw a f.s~HS~IAD combo. Otherwise don't throw f.s These are pretty much the only way I hit Slayers. FD his pressure away from you so he has 4 options to get back in. 6HS- nets you a free CH 2S 6K - nets you a free CH 5P IAD - nets you a free CH 6P Mappa - nets you a free CH 5P ( rare on pressure) Zone him w/ the yo-yo. Place the yo yo so he has limited movement. IAD j.HS - nets a free CH j.P~j.S~roll~j.2S~jc.S~j.2S~roll~j.S~j.2S Mappa - nets a free 2P/ 3P depends on timing. 3P whiffs 2HS and bets 2K and 2D and 6HS it's real good. Until slayer starts throwing 5HS and 2P. =[ If played properly he'll just j.K you to death and you'll hate this game.

What I learned in Japan about Bridget.

Neutral State

Never make an Offensive move b/c Bridgets normals have shitty hitboxes. All your moves should be "counters"( as seen above) or evasion. Use movement( roll, fd, jc, double jump, super jump, fd brake) to force an enemy to whiff whereas you can then punish them w/ pokes, yo-yo, and air throws.

Defensive State

AGAIN

All your moves should be "counters"( as seen above) or evasion. Use movement( roll, fd, jc, double jump, super jump, fd brake) to force an enemy to whiff whereas you can then punish them w/ pokes, yo-yo, and air throws. Low profile 2K is amazing against Millia and Sol.

Offensive State

Only when you clearly have frames to do so, knockdown, guarded 2P, etc.

thx, that's basic input i realy need to forge on my habit (must resist poking games MUST RESIST! :vbang:) 5p > mappas??? this is news to me ... seriously 5p probably his only normal that i haven't bother to use this past 2 years and yeah, yesterday he j.k me to death :psyduck: