Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doomscyther

Robo-Ky Players: Meet and Greet

I've been on here, and I'm gonna start maining Robo, since Faust is way too boring to play. I'd much rather take my chances of blowing up, than deal with Faust's enormous hitbox.

Im sure i know who u are talking about (those players.). Well I will be in austin during Ikki con and I can show you some anji/robo ky.

Arg, due to lapse of memory I forgot I'm not in town for Ikki.

Surprisingly there was i believe 5 robo ky players at FRXI. Goodshyt Msong and Wekk, hope some of your vids of you 2 beasting have been recorded.

Yeah there were a lot more Robos than I expected. Sadly In my 4th round (after going 2-1 thanks to being paired against Marn first round :/ ) I had to play my friend I have been playing GG with since the day I started playing like 2 or 3 years ago. There might be a video of that, but I heard they might have accidentally recorded over it later. Anyways nice seeing you guys there, and I'll definately make improvements to my game based on what I saw you guys do.

I felt bad for loosing to jamar, but idk I was using a shitty stick, I think im more pissed that he beat Zinac and got as far as he did. Your stick robo ky is really good.

hi hi, i'm trying to get into robo. i really like the fact that robo can manipulate his opponent's aggressions. what i've managed to pull out so far is: using the mat to force defensive characters to become more aggressive, ie faust, baiken and eddie. using IB shorten riduculous corner pressure, ie venom and eddie, (robo DAA can feel broken sometimes.) abusing my newly aquired character's dp!!! and of course challenging people to games of chicken with that sexy dash attack!!! I started messing around with robo because of stormlocke's 10 min robo cm. I really just wanted to see if I could dizzy combo when I got bored. I got it down a couple of times against chipp. So I played some cpu matches against chipp to see how often I could get it off on a scrub, (It was gonna be my asshole move for tourney's.) Honestly, I sucked with robo and got raped. But, I had soooo much fun that I decided that I wanted to second him! I can combo through immitating match/combo vids, but my core game play with him is still scrubtastic. Laterz!!!

Hi guys, I'm an oldschool 2d player and recently picked up GG AC. I've decided to main Robo-Ky and I'm from the Dallas/Fort Worth area in TX. I'll be at Evo this year if any of you are going, I'd love some casuals. Also, if you're in my area, let a dude know! None of my friends play fighting games with me anymore =(

hi there....some might know me from my jam combovids...i officially changed my secondary from rusty slayer to shiny robot person and have a blast....maybe i can soon contribute but atm i´m still learning and recording combos...i guess it´ll be a jam/robo cross-vid in the future...highest robo-combo-count so far is 180...doubt i can top that with jam lol

I hardly hang out here anymore, but some of my posts are buried deep in the talky-talky thread. I like fighting games, but I'm so "scrubby" I don't own a stick yet. The main factor that helps me decide whether or not to play a character is the hilarity that results from playing him. Naturally, I main Robo-ky; he is a really funny guy. I'm a bit of a melty-head as well, since it's one of the only fighting games that you can netplay these days. Here's hoping whoever cracked Naomi will smooth it out for us someday soon!

you play melty? we should play sometime.... im not all that great, but im decent and theres online MAME and online ggxx#reload.... so you got options for pc-online fighter fun

Yo, new Robo-Ky player here. My main is OS with TE and CH as my backups. While RK is most likely just gonna be a backup, I'm still hoping to have a lot of fun (and explosions) playing as him. Why did I choose him? - the chain ball with the awkward neck position - his "helicoptor" - his voice + dialogue (just WHY would someone say "idiot" while kicking people in the shins??) Overall, he's just too bloody hilarious! How can you NOT play as him?

you play melty? we should play sometime.... im not all that great, but im decent

and theres online MAME and online ggxx#reload.... so you got options for pc-online fighter fun

it's about the same for me

i haven't been around lately, but i hang out on melty bread's #MBAC irc channel sometimes, looking to get owned.

'Sup fellow Robo users? I play a really scrubby Robot, but he's fun to play as anyhow. Hope to meet you guys some day. :toot:

Yo guys. Old #R player getting back into GG with his old main. Been playing about a month now and i've kinda gotten back into the swing of things. Im an avid Melty Blood player as well. (I enjoy all fighters.) Live in AZ which seems to contribute to my Robo-Ky overheating problems.

Hey!

I live in So-Cal and I started to play Robo-Ky recently.

Hope to meet some of you guys

Anime Expo 2009!:roboky:

Right on man. Look for me in the Arcade at AX this summer. I'm pretty much there the whole time, I don't usually even buy a badge.

Hey guys.. I'm new, and I'm pretty new to GG.. I've been reading dustloop for a while now and decided to post a year later lol. I'm not much of a poster in character threads since I just absorb information and just use it to the best of my ability. My 2 mains are Robo Ky and Potemkin 3rd is Faust. I use Robo Ky since no one here in Oklahoma uses him, and I'm one of the few Potemkin players here as well. Storm.. I watch a lot of your vids on Robo Ky, and I pretty much watch your vids to kind of guide where I can get my Robo Ky at. I appreciate all the information that has been posted on this forum and hopefully I can contribute well enough to be among the best. ROBO PIMPIN' - I'M JUST A BOT THAT WANTS A WIFE WITH HUGE BOOBS!

Hey guys.. I'm new, and I'm pretty new to GG.. I've been reading dustloop for a while now...

Welcome!

Don't be afraid to jump in the Talky-Talky thread if you have any questions. It's usually pretty slow around here.

Best of luck.