Sign in to follow this  
worldjem7

BB:CS Match-Up Chart

....uhh.......

so how are those jin numbers coming along?

Quiet. The willful manipulation of a shota for monetary profit is more important right now.

:D

Alllllllllzzzzzzzzzz!!!

You didn't answer my question. :(

I would like to know the justification behind Lamb, Mu, and Ara being 6-4, though. In brief, I think those are 5-5 even matches since these character's ability to zone Haku counterbalance his range and void.

D:

Alzarath has obviously lost the ability to speak without using smileys

just translate it

D: > They cant really do much to force him to stop turtling, and when they try to get in, hes at an edge. And if they do zone him, he will probably end up building alot of meter and killing them when they do slip up :cool:

but my alz speak translator is broken so im not really sure, im just guessing.

eh... tl;dr

I don't feel like Haku has to work his ass off to get around their zoning like say... Tager. Not to mention that they aren't z0mg huge threat at that range to him, he will just sit there and build meter. And once he gets in, shit is done.

edit: lol lunaris.

My Mu comment was rhetorical, though. I don't think she's top, but she's got a couple things that make her a very unfun character to play against:

- Lasers don't stop if Mu is hit.

- Setups during laser lockdown.

- Stupid DP.

- Excellent 6a/2c AA.

- Good general poke priority, though she does lose to jabbing.

- Easily keeps others out with a simple combo.

- Above average primer breaking ability, though that might just be the guy I play against. I do say 41236c special breaking 2 primers on full charge is stupid because of the mind games involved at the right distance. It's like Haku's charge shippu but without the necessary meter.

Just because i'm bored and about to go to sleep, i'm gonna respond to this and hope the outcome will provide many funnies when I wake up:

1) Only big lasers don't stop if Mu is hit. And it's easy to do a JCable move and jump to avoid the laser. Regular lasers do stop btw. Not to mention they (regular lasers) have like fucking negative hit and block stun so any small mistake can interrupt a combo / block string and... ehm... the "strategic pushing of buttons" will fuck Mu up.

2) Mu's setups during knockdowns are fucking pathetic. Seriously. IB jump barrier shits on her so bad. Even assuming you have to take her pressure, it's whatever. She has 2 overheads. One leads to about what, 2-3K without meter while the other leads to nothing without meter.

3) Her DP is good. The absorbing hit property is stupid but it's not as good as say Ragna's.

4) Good AAs? GOD NO. Both 6A and 2C are slow, have shitty active frames and the recovery is retardedly bad. Not to mention shoddy hitboxes ( 2C is more shoddy good though seeing as how it just hits everywhere when active ). Hazama has good AAs.

5) Poke priority? Against some characters maybe. Too bad her throwing out pokes are a risk at mid-close range because the recovery of all her moves minus As are anywhere from bad to awful.

6) I don't even understand what this means. Do you mean the combo puts her in a position to continue zoning / setting up lasers? Alright. I would assume a zoning character would be able to continue zoning so I don't understand why this is some sort of advantage that Mu possesses over others

7a) Mu's guard primer breaking command move takes off 3 primers at max level, not 2. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

7b) Who cares? If they're trying to jack your guard primers, mash on a DP or a super and put them in their place. Don't have one? WHO CARES. How often do broken guards win matches?

Of course, this can all be "dat ec bias" so if pulsr wants to come in and prove anything i've said wrong, i'd be more than happy to hear his reasoning.

Until then, Fuck Mu. Fail HD Dizzy. Can't believe fucking fish outshine mechanical orbs that shoot lasers with homing capabilities.

I actually dont think you all that wrong there. mu seems to be overrated here...but damn do you have the Tourette syndrome?

Until then, Fuck Mu. Fail HD Dizzy. Can't believe fucking fish outshine mechanical orbs that shoot lasers with homing capabilities.

I find her closer to venom, but w/e. the only good pokes I've experienced from her is her JC(?), and by good I mean it beats Jin's JC.

Just because i'm bored and about to go to sleep, i'm gonna respond to this and hope the outcome will provide many funnies when I wake up:

1) Only big lasers don't stop if Mu is hit. And it's easy to do a JCable move and jump to avoid the laser. Regular lasers do stop btw. Not to mention they (regular lasers) have like fucking negative hit and block stun so any small mistake can interrupt a combo / block string and... ehm... the "strategic pushing of buttons" will fuck Mu up.

Yep. People get really bent out of shape about this. It takes 2 whole seconds to charge a stein or fire the command laser anyways. If she has that kind of time... Also, only the charged laser generates any useful frame advantage, and it ain't much. ALso, FYI to the people that get hit by this alot, if you grab Mu, even pink, the laser will pass through you harmlessly, or you can just block her mixup, it sucks.

2) Mu's setups during knockdowns are fucking pathetic. Seriously. IB jump barrier shits on her so bad. Even assuming you have to take her pressure, it's whatever. She has 2 overheads. One leads to about what, 2-3K without meter while the other leads to nothing without meter.

This depends on alot of things. Her 236D setups a pretty bad against most of the cast, But she has may other's that are no more vulnerable to IB than anything else in BB (cross under, SjC+stein, j2C>stein>dash, etc...). Mu's Mixup outside of Oki is terribad.

3) Her DP is good. The absorbing hit property is stupid but it's not as good as say Ragna's.

A DP is a DP, I'll take it. It still clashes a bunch, and does almost no damage.

4) Good AAs? GOD NO. Both 6A and 2C are slow, have shitty active frames and the recovery is retardedly bad. Not to mention shoddy hitboxes ( 2C is more shoddy good though seeing as how it just hits everywhere when active ). Hazama has good AAs.

I wouldn't go that far. Her 2C is a bit slow (16f) but because it's so big, you can throw it alot sooner and still hit the opponent, also I believe it has alot of head invulnerability. But outside of the range, there are better AAs.

5) Poke priority? Against some characters maybe. Too bad her throwing out pokes are a risk at mid-close range because the recovery of all her moves minus As are anywhere from bad to awful.

Only her jC is a great poke. Her 5C has quite a long start up, so it winds up losing to every other poke, and her C attacks get slower from there. Though, 6C can be a good anti zoning tool in some situations. Also, her 2B is a pretty good 2B, it has solid range (a bit more than Ragna's), and is +1 on block.

6) I don't even understand what this means. Do you mean the combo puts her in a position to continue zoning / setting up lasers? Alright. I would assume a zoning character would be able to continue zoning so I don't understand why this is some sort of advantage that Mu possesses over others

Yep

7a) Mu's guard primer breaking command move takes off 3 primers at max level, not 2. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Yep, but it can take off 2 at half charge

7b) Who cares? If they're trying to jack your guard primers, mash on a DP or a super and put them in their place. Don't have one? WHO CARES. How often do broken guards win matches?

SoD can be spaced pretty well to make stuff like that wiff. But still, most characters have an out. But yeah, this ain't winning matches, just mindfucks people when they have one primer, or forget that they can get GC'd from 3.

Of course, this can all be "dat ec bias" so if pulsr wants to come in and prove anything i've said wrong, i'd be more than happy to hear his reasoning.

My thoughts as a Mu player. Hail Dizzy.

@Smooshman: Mu's jC is good, but I'm fairly certain it's a smidge slower than Jin's, and Haku's has a longer range. It does lead to 4k on CH though which is relevant.

Also, dizzy is cute.

Mu isn't.

Fuck this game.

I'm still drunk from last night.

Get it together Zong. NOW!!

And the only way I'll ever see Mu as Dizzy is if she gets her Dizzy colors and goes Unlimited.

WELL I LIKE BOTH.

Scrub.

Get it together Zong. NOW!!

And the only way I'll ever see Mu as Dizzy is if she gets her Dizzy colors and goes Unlimited.

Isn't that what I said?

That Mu =/= Dizzy?

Nah, its fine to like both, I wouldn't mind either of em... Dizzy is preferable, though.