Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zerite

Completing the Accent Core Guide

every version of guilty gear from x on can do progressive scan at 60hz

i sure hope you're not expecting frame data for ex characters, because not even veteru can be assed to figure that out.

what's there to figure out? it's in the complete guide, so if someone really wants me to, i'll scan the pages and email them. (now that i finally have a scanner and can do this sort of thing)

Actually, looking at it now, this information may be incorrect like it warns on the page... it doesn't really make sense if you look at Slayer's frame data, since most of his combos are links and for his K-K-K-236(9)p combo I certainly do not have 15 frames that I could press kick in at any time and have them combo together... I'm very confused... Is the hit stop time eating most of these frames? In slayer's case it would have no effect on that combo then, and it would be a regular 3 frame link. Does the SD information already include the level mechanic effects?

did you read the comments for 5K? "17F of hitstun on standing hit."

So at worst, if you hit on the 1st active frame, 5K-5K is a 2 frame link. (2 remaining active frames + 8 recovery frames = 10 frames, subtracted from 17 frames of hitstun gives you 7 frames to work with, and 5K goes active on frame 6.) and at best, if you hit on the last active frame, it's a 4 frame link.

-----------------------------------------------------

this is the "official" explanation from the guide that i have:

Slashback (some overlap with the guide, and some is "obvious")

basic mechanisms

- expends 2% Tension (can be performed even if there's only 1%, however).

- cannot be performed for the first 10 frames on wake-up.

- if you receive an attack within 2 frames of inputting, you'll successfully slashback.

- for the 15 frames (success) / 30 frames (fail) following a successful/failed slashback, you cannot guard except slashback; however, this includes hitstop time.

- failed SB has a recovery of 6 frames.

effects of a successful SB

- regardless of the attack level of the incoming attack, ground hitstun is 3 frames, air hitstun is 1 frame.

- guard balance does not increase.

- you do not suffer chip damage.

- tension gauge and tension balance ("pulse") increase [no amount specified].

- reduces knockback on guard [no numbers mentioned].

- for the following 30 frames, the input window of any SB is extended to 4 frames.

basic mechanisms

- if you receive an attack within 2 frames of inputting, you'll successfully slashback.

- for the 15 frames (success) / 30 frames (fail) following a successful/failed slashback, you cannot guard except slashback; however, this includes hitstop time.

- regardless of the attack level of the incoming attack, ground hitstun is 3 frames, air hitstun is 1 frame.

- for the following 30 frames, the input window of any SB is extended to 4 frames.

see, this thread works

i already learned some shit

what's there to figure out? it's in the complete guide, so if someone really wants me to, i'll scan the pages and email them. (now that i finally have a scanner and can do this sort of thing)

did you read the comments for 5K? "17F of hitstun on standing hit."

So at worst, if you hit on the 1st active frame, 5K-5K is a 2 frame link. (2 remaining active frames + 8 recovery frames = 10 frames, subtracted from 17 frames of hitstun gives you 7 frames to work with, and 5K goes active on frame 6.) and at best, if you hit on the last active frame, it's a 4 frame link.

-----------------------------------------------------

this is the "official" explanation from the guide that i have:

basic mechanisms

I just... jizzed all over myself. UN GHHHHH

Yeah, that SB info is new to me too. LOL... I was looking on the site for some data on the casts' 66 dash startup, speeds and properties but couldn't find it anywhere. Would this stuff be in the XX mook and XX/ mook for ABA / OS respectively?

it's classified as frame data because it's... frame data? and if you have the mooks, that's how the data is organized, as well: character data, then general system data, then other notes. (although some of the notes about system features come before the character data, like about Slashback, Burst, etc.)

BTW, It's not noted there, but SBing in the air resets jump options as well.