Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kasou

Official: Chipp General Questions Thread

This thread is made for all the general and simple questions. So instead of posting questions which may be irrelevant in other threads, please post here so that it makes all the threads relevant to their intended topics, and makes it easier for everyone to read. Thanx for the cooperation. :eng101:

I don't know the exact name of it, but I always see Chipp players jump, then it looks like they immediately faultless block and then just fall straight down, which they usually follow up with an air HS. I've tried faultlessing but I can't get it to work. Can anybody help clear this up for me? Another small thing, I am accumtomed to playing on the PS2 with PS controllers, and I can't seem to ever get instant air dashing down, or when I do its rare. Is it easier to do on a gamepad, is it more difficult than just jumping and immediately hitting forward twice? I am having trouble with this area as well. Thanks in advance!:psyduck:

FDC Cancel. Explained in Chipp basics thread. Try going to neutral and doing 956. Note: You don't actually need to hit forward twice since the 9 already counts as a forward input lol.

Question about the j2k FDC. Is it possible to also do it w/ an airdash and still hit your opponent with any some air move? I've tried it before but all I get is a HS that doesn't even get its active frames before landing. S might work, but it's timing also seems kinda hard. There a chance that you could test this for me?

the only way to use an FDC of the 2k to cancel an air dash is using SBC instead - i posted about this in another thread here. air dash, then immediately 1k,slide to S+HS. before you can input another move, there is a slight "slashback stop", so you have to wait a couple of frames. it's possible though. why this works? - you can cancel an airdash relatively early into a normal or into slashback - you cannot cancel into faultless defense during an airdash thus, you have to cancel the j.1k into SB.

I want to know how to do a the move where chipp moves from the walll to the floor in diagonal, i see th ia use it in AC

THe command is: On the wall, back(direction of the wall) then forward. Can use it after an air dash, super jump, or a double jump. If you only did one jump, you can wall jump, then air dash. Hope that helped xD

to put it simply, it just makes his mixups/teleports a littl' bit harder to see. it's useful, but then most probably you would be missing an fdc okizeme oppurtunity in order to do invisibility.

Dear Chipp players,

Can anyone confirm this... maybe discuss some how-to b/c I can't do.

Just wondering because X-Saphire told me that when chip does 5p4shs that it increases the range of his hit box for his slashback...

it's actually 5k, slide to S+HS. kara slashback. you can use this vs. moves that come from a horizontal direction. Example: hos - rock it. why to use this: if you can condition yourself to go for 5k,S,HS, you can win about 2 frames - the 5k moves chipp hitbox back, and you can cancel the startup into S,HS - so what happens is the rock it will hit you later, thus giving you more time to slashback (theoretically), thus increasing your chances to slashback. let me confirm that it does work and that it is useful, if you can pull it off.

it's actually 5k, slide to S+HS.

kara slashback. you can use this vs. moves that come from a horizontal direction. Example: hos - rock it.

why to use this: if you can condition yourself to go for 5k,S,HS, you can win about 2 frames - the 5k moves chipp hitbox back, and you can cancel the startup into S,HS - so what happens is the rock it will hit you later, thus giving you more time to slashback (theoretically), thus increasing your chances to slashback.

let me confirm that it does work and that it is useful, if you can pull it off.

Thank you Gates. :keke:

was just reading thru the chip combo thread and the first combo on sol got me stumped. s©,s(f),2hs,22D (moves you closer to him),j.D,236P,FRC,late 236p,\/,hs,j.p,j.D i read thru the terminology and abbrv guide but nowhere does it mention what this \/ stands for.. can anyone clear this up for and mabe add it to the term thread for future reference? thanks,

Practical uses, as in the move having properties apart from being partially visible? No. However it does make seeing FDC and teleport FRC mix-ups harder to see, so there are psychological and visibility effects.

what the trick to doing an air normal after a d or hs teleport frc. Do i just press the buttons mad fast?

just learn the timing, it's really quick, but don't be TOO quick, or you'll input the move in the "FRC stop".

as for D/HS teleport FRC, j.HS - that's very hard, problably only 1-2 frames.

You'll have to learn the FRC slide trick. To do an attack immediately after an FRC, do the FRC w/ the buttons you won't attack with, then slide your finger (or thumb w/e) to the button you will use to attack. In the case of teleport FRC j.H, press PKS to FRC and then slide your finger to H. On stick, it's not so hard, but on pad... well it's possible on pad, just not possible for everyone ::grateful for being born with weird thumbs::

I'm having a bit of trouble with the air-throw after gamma blade tech loop. If they tech front or neutral, air throw works np from the exact same commands + timing, but teching back gets them out of it, and I end up doing a j.HS which more often than not ends up whiffing :( Is there a way to easily airthrow back tech out of gamma blade? :X

From what I have seen in videos, Chipp players try to do 22D -> air throw. I haven't tried it myself yet, but with some practice, it should be do-able. The only problem is guessing if the opponent is teching behind or not. Usually players do that since they want to get some distance from you.

22D? Hrm. The problem with like the 22K -> air throw is that you kinda have to assume the player's gonna tech backwards before you do the move, so if they tech in a diff direction you get nothing :(

Hm, true, but it's still a 50% chance of succeeding. If you keep trying to jump in and try to air throw, they'll always tech backwards, so it's good to have that mixup.