Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CakeWasBannedd

Report Spambots Here

First it was spam via PMs, now they've started making threads. Is there any action being taken to this other than banning the IPs and locking the threads? Nice to know Dustloop is a big enough site to attract spammers now, but it's kind of annoying...

From forum rules:

5. Please report spam bots and other problem posts when you see them. Don't reply to them please, that can only encourage them to come back.

First it was spam via PMs, now they've started making threads. Is there any action being taken to this other than banning the IPs and locking the threads? Nice to know Dustloop is a big enough site to attract spammers now, but it's kind of annoying...

It doesn't really take much attention at all to be added to spam lists. They really just need to get a better captcha system for the registration is all.

I deleted a pm from them a while back but now the threads are frequently popping up everywhere. Is there no peace within a domain without skimming over an ad. Next thing you know the instant you click a link a pop-up will appear.

I like how they decided to post the spam on a Friday night, when all the mods are offline having lives :vbang: I also like how the Tao forums are so dead that they just skipped posting in it...now that's class.

Can anyone trace these threads back to whoever set up this bot? If so, then I got some papers to fill out.. And I'll need to think of a cover story for this... Things may get a bit messy.

Can anyone trace these threads back to whoever set up this bot?

If so, then I got some papers to fill out.. And I'll need to think of a cover story for this... Things may get a bit messy.

Only mods/admins can view IPs and trace it. We have to wait till they get back from drinking/gaming/sleeping. :3

Not to mention that the bots are REALLY bad at lying... Seriously? 3500$ per month? That's like more than what a Biology Ph.D makes.. All for doing what is easily considered menial labor? Anyone with a sense of how the economy works is not gonna buy this..

man sucks to be biology phds if you get paid so crappy... shoulda gone engineering.... that's like starting salary for bachelor's degree

Not that hard to clean up mass spam. We have a handy little function called "nuke" or "delete posts as spam". It'll delete every single post made by that user and ban them. Great for killing spambots!

It burned my retinas so early in the morning. Hopefully it'll be gone when the mods wake up. Seriously I shoulda seen it coming with the title and all.

Lolz, here I thought I was the only one who had a glimpse of that thread. Funny how they attempted to advertise multiple fetishes. Some was just like "hmmm, I never knew of that."

Not to mention that the bots are REALLY bad at lying...

Seriously? 3500$ per month? That's like more than what a Biology Ph.D makes..

All for doing what is easily considered menial labor?

Anyone with a sense of how the economy works is not gonna buy this..

42,000 a year isn't alot.