Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Z

ACCENT CORE Potemkin Matchups

That makes sense, Eddie is extremely good at what potemkin is extremely bad against. I just don't know how it goes as a match up. I never get to play actual people. I don't know how the Chipp match up is supposed to go either. What are you supposed to Do?

Guard 99% of the time during a match and get one chance to destroy him completely. Just one chance is all you need.

Pretty much you just have to hope that Eddie messes up doing an unbrock or pressure string. In particular, if he does 22H FRC IAD j.S, you could probably backdash, IB the j.S, buster -> death or knockdown on wakeup. Thereafter, just pressure him, since he has shit for escape methods.

Hay, guize, how do I beat Zappa? No, seriously, I want to know how you guys fight Zappa, so I know what to look out for. I'm asking over at the Zappa boards, but as Pot mains, I figured it would be best to ask here for the best things that can be done to Zappa, and what to watch out for from him. Thanks!

A good Zappa is actually pretty hard to beat. (So is RayzrByrn's, hah.) You will pretty much never hit him with a random slidehead (so many of his moves go over it that he will own you for trying), so my advice would be, roughly in order of importance: - Learn to get rid of the dog. This is the most important thing you can do because it's by far the most annoying summon for Pot. Use shields, mash P, take a hit and then get rid of it, anything you can do. - Learn PB FRC 2S 2H Heat on him if you can't already do it. Not that hard on Zappa, plus it makes him cry. - Learn to confirm mash P, realize it hit in the air, S Heat. This comes up a lot vs. ghosts and sword. - Practice reflecting the to-the-moon ghost throw. - Use meaty 2H into HF/break on his wakeup, it trades with summon in your favor and if you CH it's GGPO. The only reliable thing he has that will stuff it is super or block+dog. You can also use meaty 5K like vs every other character, but why be boring? - Be wary of Raoh, but don't be scared. He's easier than the dog, to me. Flick the fireballs, bait Last Edgy for the free CH whatever-you-want...but always remember you can't flick his Super. Also 6P still works as a great antiair, because you can hit a lot more of Raoh's limbs in AC than you could in Slash. Also if you get Raoh in a Heat, always Extend to waste some time, since Last Edgy completely defeats your okizeme anyway if you were to just do regular Heat.

How bout vs. Axl? I've had some success against him. But he can be really frustrating even when I play really defensive. So far i've been using slidehead's invincibility to catch him on his normals, timing a IB FDB to try and flick his charged attacks. Just wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions

How bout vs. Axl? I've had some success against him. But he can be really frustrating even when I play really defensive. So far i've been using slidehead's invincibility to catch him on his normals, timing a IB FDB to try and flick his charged attacks. Just wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions

5k on his wake-up is a solid option.

SH goes thru 2.p

Axl Unblox and unblox setups: lol HF that shit

6HS(?) Big overhead thingy: Lol HF,Shield,6p,BD Buster that shit

Counter Hit shield>6HS = Dizzy

Learn PB>FRC>2s>2HS>Heat

U can always 6p Bomber down after jumpin strings

U can BD risen(sp?) after blocked 2.p

Mike knows a lot on this match where u at fool?

Sup 4corners. this is matt, you know, the one you are trying to beat with this info:psyduck: .(I heard about your rising the ranks challenge thing) i'll tell you what I abuse in your game to beat you, ie the mistakes i am able to easily notice. 1. you get mixed up really easily. after i knock you down, i can alternate between a few lows and highs to keep you down for most of the match. try to predict when i'm about to swith from low to high. 2. watch out for tick throws. you fall into them pretty easily. i'm not going to just give my favorite ticks away, but keep an eye out for them and learn which i use often. (you know about 2k 2s PB, but i actually mix that up with 2k 2s 2d fairly often. i never did it against you because you usually fell for it, but i'll probably start now that i've seen you asking around about it. if you backdash/try and throw me every time, i'll get a free knockdown, so be wary of that.) 3. learn some dog combos. seriously, i hate the dog much more than rouh. ask dave, he knows. 4.speaking of rouh, you get way too aggresive with him and forgot about mixing me up. i can easily hammerfall/judgegaunt you out a combo, and the problem for you is that you stay in the super aggressive mindset. from there you seem to completely forget to block and it's an easy win. 5. you never seem use your uppers on wakeup, ever. remember, rouhs upper has invincibility and so does 3 centipedes, even if they are sometimes a random summon. i have no fear about going in for oki every time, and that's bad for you. sure sometimes you'll eat a combo, but if i start getting uppered i'll be forced to back off a bit. 6. I will reflect your ghosts about 90% of the time. you should throw out your ghosts expecting me to reflect, and catch me off guard accordingly. I can't seem to think of anything else off the top of my head. if there's anything you want to ask, i'll give you an honest answer. Here's hoping to some good matches when we finally play :yaaay:

5k on his wake-up is a solid option.

SH goes thru 2.p

Axl Unblox and unblox setups: lol HF that shit

6HS(?) Big overhead thingy: Lol HF,Shield,6p,BD Buster that shit

Counter Hit shield>6HS = Dizzy

Learn PB>FRC>2s>2HS>Heat

U can always 6p Bomber down after jumpin strings

U can BD risen(sp?) after blocked 2.p

Mike knows a lot on this match where u at fool?

Good shit. That should get me a bigger advantage than my basics gave me. Also IBing the second hit of 2p gets you a fdb against a follow up rensen.

I also need some tips against May...

^ May Flick hoops when u can Well timed BD is your only friend against Jumping 2HS. (2Hs sometimes) pb>frc>2s>2hs>heat learn it If you jump at her while she's already in the air. J.S better be out or you're throwing her. reverse mega fist is solid, if you're expecting tick throws/bait. Dolphins dont hurt. unblox sh that ho to death, mad easy on her.

May: - is one of the few that you can do a perfect Giganter loop (heat HF/break Giganter SH repeat) on, so if you're a whore go right ahead and be cheap. - is one of the EASIEST people to get TK APBs on, so after every SH if you are close enough do jump toward, land, 5s 5s TK back APB...and in the corner finish up [5s 5s TK APB]xN. 3 of these and she's toast. - PB FRC 2s 2h requires walking forward forever, but is very good to learn because of the absolutely stupid damage on her. - On YOUR wakeup, watch out for 5p whiff chain to 5k, this simple option will beat your reversal BD Busters as well as stuff SH and recover fast enough to block a reversal Giganter. - Learn to block dolphin crossups. IB or jump-IB (chicken block) on a dolphin is free 5s/2s on landing. If you're charged you can also HF any dolphin for some free dmg. - Remember you can flick the FB dolphins. - You can 6p dolphins for CH, and then catch with 2s->whatever. - [edit extra strat] If you j.D she can 3k to beat it for free. If you HF and she 3ks, you will miss, and if you didn't FRC then when you recover you MUST THROW HER or jump...anything else you try she will beat. Axl: - LOLOLOL IK his chains from fullscreen for wins. No really. - PB FRC 5s Heat does slightly more than 2s Heat. - As already stated, you can SH any poke pretty much on reaction, and you can HF through his unblockables and um, win for free. - You can't reliably do Giganter loop on him. - He is also super easy to get TK APBs on, so same advice from May. - On his wakeup, whiff 5s->PB works very well for baiting counters. - His only option (other than standard BD/1f jump) to get out of reversal SH is H.Benten (Digital Watches will correct me, the DP move). It will hit you, but if you do SH from far enough away he won't be able to do any of the followups, and if he tries then you get a free combo on the recovery. - j.S will counterhit his antiair pokes from really really high or far, so abuse the crap out of it. - If he does jumpins, like raekwon said, it's pretty safe to block the first part then start mashing on 6p cuz he either keeps you in blockstun or you beat the bomber. - Learn to jump around Rensen->8 for free ways in. - If you j.D, be ready with the FD-cancel when it clashes with his pokes. Don't forget to FD his antiairs! - Also, don't forget you can do Heat RC walk fwd 6h Heat for sweet sweet stun dmg. Dunno, I've always found Axl super easy in AC because you don't have to work neaaaarly as hard to get in.

Axl stuff.

Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about. Two things:

1. j.S shouldn't beat Axl 2S (the almost straight up one) from any further than halfway up the max reach of the chain, so if you're super high up, just FD or you'll eat a combo.

2. This match doesn't just feel easier for pot in AC. Since #Reload it's jumped from drastically in Axl's favor to pretty much dead even if you ask me.

awesome matchups we got here, hopefully we get an organized one soon :) im pretty descent at mostly all matchups, cept sol. whenever i try to jump in i eat a 5k..i guess i shdlnt nemore huh? and just wanting to know, i really want to know wut the actual timing/setup for a meaty/unblockable slidehead. i usually get it sometimes<random effort> sweep distance, but i see vids of plp really deep, jab distance or closer. ty

I'm sure it's been covered to death somewhere, but I'll cover it again out of boredom. Slidehead has 2 "hits", first comes the blockable hit from Pot, then there is a 2 frame wait, then the unblockable earthquake. If the blockable hit makes contact, the earthquake doesn't come out. So, to get an unblockable Slidehead you want to do the Slidehead early enough that the blocakble hit misses, but they become vulnerable during the 2 frame wait and the earthquake then hits. You can do it from any distance, the only thing that matters is the timing. There's different timing for pretty much every member of the cast, as well as for different knockdown situations. The only way to learn is to get it once then practice. My suggestion would be to try on Baiken or Eddie, for some reason doing a combo to Heat then unblk Slidehead seems easier on them than anyone else. Some hints: - You have to do the slidehead a LOT earlier than you think you do. - A way to tell if you got without having the enemy block: if you make contact with the blockable part, there is hitstop. If you make contact with the unblk earthquake, there is not. So when you get a real unblockable one it actually looks like the slidehead is over and the enemy just sort of trips anyway. Hopefully that makes sense.

thnx for the tips, I get it pretty high rate now. i always knew about the two hits, jsut didnt know where the actual unblockable happens. ty much appreciated. by any chance on some sol matchup help? thnx

thnx for the tips, I get it pretty high rate now. i always knew about the two hits, jsut didnt know where the actual unblockable happens. ty much appreciated.

by any chance on some sol matchup help?

thnx

Bait > Then Potbuster.

Notes:

- Two hit VV will beat Hammerfall. It is used a bit to break Pots pressure which involves a lot of Hammerfall breaks. It can be baited though.

- Sol can Riot Stomp against SH on reaction.

- He can Grand Viper and sweep under a lot of stuff and beat you most of the time. This includes, Close S, Far S, 5HS, 6HS, 6P, 6K, and Hammerfall.

- Sol's kick beats or at least trades with Pot's air S.

- 2S heat after Potbuster FRC. You can also do 2S 2HS into heavenly no problem.

- 2S heat after throw FRC.

- 5K 2S heat after SH.

- 5K 2S 2HS into Reflector works when he is relatively close.

- Don't try unblockable SH on his wakeup or prepare to be VVed.

- You can 2P his Bandit Revolver, but his Bringer may clash.

- You can flick Gunflame to halt his pressure if you feel confident. Try to do it on reaction instead of predicting it. You may end up flicking his Revolver or Bringer instead. Or 6Ping his Gunflame.

- You can SH against Sol's air to ground pressure if you feel lucky.

^ Yes VV will beat HF if done early enough. BUT it has to be early ,or you will be able to frc HF and punish. example 5k>2s>HF>They VV>FRC HF> punish They ib then vv thats another story. sol's 5k only trades if they do it late, the later they do better chances for ch. You can also do PB>2S>2HS>Heat if you're a man. BD revolver 6p Bringer or HF it SH on sol werd? Check it U can still do unblox on this guy. Just take a step or two back after certain setups then do it. If they VV it whiffs, if they ride out and are not too close to the corner SH recovers in time for 6p on riot stomp. Theres a sweet spot on the stage were you're not too close to the corner,but they're mad far. So u can back up and do SH and they can't do neither riot or VV. 2s riot stomp for ch and fun times GOOD LUCK MIKE Z AT WEST TOAST!!!!!!!!!5K>c.S>f.S>2d>RC>2s>2HS>hf Break>Apb!!!

Thanks! Although apparently I am not a man, as I have never been able to consistently get PB FRC 2s 2h Heat on Sol. (^.^) Also if you block Grand Viper, you can SH before the last hit without IBing or anything special. And if Sol is ever stupid enough to do a super, please flick the last hit and punish.

Thanks!

Although apparently I am not a man, as I have never been able to consistently get PB FRC 2s 2h Heat on Sol. (^.^)

Also if you block Grand Viper, you can SH before the last hit without IBing or anything special. And if Sol is ever stupid enough to do a super, please flick the last hit and punish.

Apparently SH'in the end of GV is manly u can also jus ib or reg block then pb(walk buster is glorious here).

SB the last hit if your chest is hairy and they have 50% so u have options against rc mindgames.

Same goes for for wake up VV if they have 50%. Just SB VV and do something before they Wild throw ya(reverse Mega is nice there or Shield).

Thing is, usually they wait to reaction RC the last hit of GV. If you IB for buster you're too late, but if you SH before the last hit you usually connect before they RC, or as a bonus sometimes they waste the RC and get hit anyway. (^.^)

My favorite thing to do against sol players, since they tend to IAD a lot, is 6p>TK APB. It is beautiful