- Active 1, 4→4F

- Recovery 30F→20F

* 2D

- Range decreased

* 5D

- Recovery 18F→22F

- Frame Disadvantage -8F→-12F

* 6P

- 1~6 frames upper body invincibility, 7~13 frames invincibilty from above knee cap, opponent flies horizontally upon CH (land 60, air 32)

- Forced Prorate 90%.

- Startup 19F→17F

- Recovery 9F→11F

- Frame Advantage +6→+4

- Knocks down on air hit.

- Can be canceled into Specials.

* 6HS

- Animation changed (No description needed. I'm sure most of us are familiar with it.)

- One hit, still has a frame advantage on block.

- Deals 43 base damage.

- Chains only from 6P. Is connected to 6K, S set, HS set and D set.

- Staggers on ground hit. (maximum 50F).

- Can link into itself on air hit, loop possible. (Sorta character specific.)

- Has a +2 frame advantage on block.

* Air Throw

- Range 110dots→88dots

SPECIALS

* Stun Edge (S)

- Attack Lv5→3

- Entire animation 40F→41F

- Frame advantage to disadvantage +3F→-5F

- FRC point added (22F~23F)

* Stun edge (HS)

- Attack Lv5→4

- Frame disadvantage -6F→-9F

- FRC point added (23F~26F)

* Charged Stun Edge

- Attack Lv5→4

- Startup 38F→43F

- Entire animation 63F→68F

- Range decreased (Full Screen -> about 8/10 screen.

- Follow-up into Ray Divider possible.

* Air Stun Edge (S)

- Attack level 5→3

- Startup 21F→15F

- Entire animation 38F→59F

- FRC point added (16~18F) (Shortly after the projectile comes out)

* Air Stun Edge (HS)

- Attack Lv5→4

- Startup 21F→13F

- Entire animation 36F→56F

- FRC point added (14~16F) (Shortly after the projectile comes out)

- Projectile speed faster.

* Air Charged Stun Edge

- Startup 35F→31F

- Untechable time 25F

- FRC timing 21F~22F

- Falling speed increased.

* Vapor Thrust (S)

- Damage decreased 48→32

- Frame Disadvantage - 30F→-34F

- Forced Prorate 80%

- Follow-up into Lightning Javelin possible.

* Vapor Thrust (HS)

- Damage decreased 52→36

- Recovery Decreased 35F→30F

- Frame Disadvantage -45F→-33F

* Air Vapor Thrust

- Attack power 48→32

- There is no difference with the S and HS versions.

* Lightning Javelin

- New move.

- Command is HS After Vapor Thrust.

- The move is the same no matter what version of Vapor Thrust is used.

- Untechable time is very long, depending upon height it may knock down most lightweights.

- Ky is moved backards slightly.

- When Vapor Thrust is done to a grounded opponent, the chances of landing Lightning Javelin are very high.

- FRC point when Ky starts falling, frames 27-29.

- A loop is possible depending on the circumstances.

- Attack Level 5.

* Stun Dipper

- Startup 5F→8F

- Air hit floats lower and it untechable longer.

- Travels a shorter distance.

- Usage in combos WILL be very different.

* Greed Sever

- Floor bounce added. (Untechable time 40F→38F)

- Forced prorate 85%

* Lightning strike

- Hidden Special Move, not listed on official site.

- Command is 222+HS.

- Can only be done when opponent it on the ground.

- Ky is at a very small disadvantage after this in most matchups.

- Usually does about 30 damage. (Hard to determine base damage due to it being required to be used in combos.)

FORCE BREAKS

* Lightning Sphere

- New Move

- Command is 214+D during Charged Stun Edge.

- Needs to be done as quickly as possible.

- Ray Divider is put out in place of the Charged Stun Edge.

- Startup is very fast. (Supposedly 1F)

- Has about a +8 frame advantage on block.

- Damage is 24x3.

- Attack level 5.

* Charge drive

- New move.

- Command is 46+D during Ray Divider.

- Very long range, reaches farther than far 5S.

- Deals 130 base damage.

- Frame disadvantage is -31 on block.

* Stun raising

- New move.

- Command is air 214+D.

- Improved version of j.D, two hits.

- Noticeably bigger than normal j.D, Recovery is short.

- Stays out a long time, probably about 4 seconds, untechable time is long. No landing recovery.

- May be very important in certain matchups, can help alot in restricting the opponent's options.

OVERDRIVES

* Air Ride The Lightning.

- Landing recovery reduced from 6F to 3F.

- Untechable time increased from 36F to 45F.

* Sacred edge

- Projectile slower.

(Thanks to Sytha, Silent Shinobi, Kombatfreak, Akane, //MirroR and rtl42 for their help on this!)

Console differences

You can feel free to delete or merge this or whatever but I figured I'd post up the differences posted on: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/jazzaria/

Basically from what I understand...

Ky's 6P's "effect" is slightly "stronger" in Arcade. This is too vague for me to understand though.

Ky's Gold Burst works differently on console apparently. I can't quite understand it.

Vs. Axl: Do the following from directly mid screen(or close to it, whatever). Throw FRC->5H(or dash 5H)->Greed Sever->c.S->2H->623H->H->2P->623S->H->2P->c.S->2H->623S->H. The 2P->623S part will not work on console.

Vs. May: 2D->236K will cause knockdown on May from the right distance. This is console only, does not work in the arcade.

Vs. Potemkin: Do the following directly from mid screen(or close). Throw FRC->Dash->c.S->5H->623S->H->c.S->2H->Greed Sever->c.S~....The c.S part after 623S->H will not connect. It will be a far slash instead of a close slash. Apparently it should be a c.S in arcade.

The guy writing in this blog seems to be saying that these still need to be absolutely confirmed but that he's pretty sure they do not work properly. If they do not work it might be a problem that the wallbounce from Lightning Javelin has slightly different properties from arcade because 623S->H is what seems to be causing the problem.

Tricks/combos with ACSE

Blah something random I was writeing, this is out of order since I acctauly wrote the AIR QCF+D awhile ago a lot of it is from slash. So yea that comes first... But yea just some random ideas, against doing the air version vs the ground version.... Just thinking of it again since people are shitting on ground version it seems... So yea just a general in a sence analaysis of things you can do with air that you cant with ground and vise versa.. And again air is first since a lot of it is old and already written.... Might be some mistakes since I was adding random things etc for things that change.. But for now I think its fine.....IT might take awhile for me to finish ground version is quite a bit diff in what works and my hands.. so yea...

AIR QCF+DUST FRC...

Although obviously more akward compared to regular ground qcf+D options, with the air version you get the benfit of a more solid/true cross up option to add to your mix up. In general range is more of a factor then with the just regular stand qcf+D mix ups. So always try and aim to be around max rangeish when you start from your sweep, or you'll end up having to delay the tiger knee motion a bit. Remember if you're to close/quick the air fireball will hit to early, and you'll lose your "true" cross up. And chances are this is the mix up your going for. Or the main fear for the opponent with this mix up to say. Since you are in the air however, you do lose the amount of things you can do. So there arent as many variants with this as the regular stand qcf+D.

To start again lets assume you are around mid range of the sweep to the tip. Any closer then mid range(and even then lets aim for around max range always) and your running way to much risk even if you delay that the fireball will hit as a "true" meaty attack.Thus takeing the "true" cross up factor. And turning it into a FD only mix up. Also lets assume(unless said other wise) for this that in cross up situtions instead of doing your slash or whatever attack your doing as a "cross up" lets wait for Ky himself to acctualy turn around. Waiting for him to turn around, or useing the parry lock un to make it faster, whatever the case lets assume this. Of course you can still do the slash(if thats the attack you want to do)as a cross up. But I feel it to be akward to do so, and its fairly easy to hit slash to early while trying to cross up, only to make your attack acctualy hit "normaly". Whats more from the ranges you are doing this, its also easy to miss with the slash in this sitution as of course when a character is hit while blocking, or hit normaly there body is not the same. So pretty easy to wiff accidently(though even so most likely you'll still be able to combo as the big fireball does a lot of stun, but still its akward I think). So yea again in short, lets assume your always useing parry to lock on to the opponent, or waiting for Ky himself to turn around unless I say other wise.

1) Sweep, tiger knee QCF+D FRC

--1a)air dash immeditaly

-----1ab)S/HS

----------1aba)land, then run into combo or mix up*

-----1ac)K, dust**

-----------1aca)QCF+D

-----------1acb)F+HS to whatever

-----------1acc)run in to mix up

-------1ac)land into low combo or mix up

-------1ad)land run into QCF+K***

-----1ad)D really fast, then into combo or mix up****

--1b)wait a bit then air dash

-----1ba)S, HS*****

-----------1baa)EX dust, to mix up, throw, low what have you.

-----------1bab)QCF+S FRC, to mix up

-----------11bac)land to combo, or mix up

------1bb)land

-----------1bba)low mix up or combo

-----------1bbb)QCB+K*****

-----------1bbc)throw

The stun on the big fireball is more then enough for you to run back in for a combo or mix up after a falling S/HS

Dont be confused with just the the K, Dust mix up here. Take everything into consideration. Lets assume at WORST the opponent only blocked one hit of the big fireball on the other side with the cross up. Even if the opponent blocks one hit the stun is long enough for fuzzy gaurdish situtions so the jump K cannot be ducked when done right. So saying that of course then the dust is out there, and although the stun from the other 2 hits is not enough for a true combo to the dust, it is enough that the opponent will not be able to attack with out risking getting hit by the dust as counter.(Remember takeing everything into consideration, even though the big fireball is hitting from behind the opponent is still being pushed away from you since you are on that side, so they will be a fair distance away from you when all is side in done. So even if it was fast enough(a kick, punch whatever)to reach you at this distance, it most likely will still get counter hit... Phew ok so yea saying that there you go. Much safer then it probably looks on paper, and then you have the stuff from it, again the QCF+D, is there. Not really a mix up, but it gives you safe way to start something more. And push them to the corner. F+HS is good, as it does a lot of stun so go into whatever attack string you want. And if hits most likely your dust did as well so go into the semi infinite F+HS combo or something to that exstent. And then of course finaly you could always just run in and go for a mix up of sorts from here. And if you thought they were going to jump away something to the exstent of a early duck HS, shoryuken, running QCF+D, HCB+D, to combo. Or even get wacky run in to jump dust, then start a whole new string there. Again your giveing up the mix up here, to start a whole new mind game, while still being relativly safe from anything.

Be carefull not to get anixous as you dont want to go to fast. As if so the opponent will be in true block stun from the air big fireball still thus, even if it crosses up. It is not a true cross up. Anyway fun little thing here, sorta here there cross up here there cross up there.

Normaly when you air dash immedilty your always going to cross up(that is of course assumeing you distanced yourself right), but with this you can add a little random factor to it, as the dust will cut your dash just a bit to allow your big fireball to hit "normaly". Note that it is hard/akward to time the dust it self to also hit durning this since you have to be fairly low. But it is possible, of course if it does hit be ready to air combo. Although you can also still combo even if it doesnt. And of course if its blocked go into whatever string, mix up whatever. Anyway random little mix up here to keep the opponent guessing which side they have to block.

The height at which you air dash is pretty important. If you want to go for the air fireball string, you have to be at a certain height which most likely means you are acctualy expecting the opponent to block this, as at that height the opponent can usualy duck. So unless your going for that air dashing lower is obviously better.

Dont be afraid to QCB+K as soon as you land, your pushing against the opponent quite a bit, so your big fireball most likely will not hit with everything. So stun is not a factor in the cross up.

BAD THINGS...

Bad things about the air version are that of course range is much more specfic. So your limited in what/where you can start it from. Also some of the mix ups to it are counterd by easily by simply ducking(as in they are only true cross up if you are standing), and its easy to mis time it slightly also makeing it jumpable to escape(especialy when going for the cross up stuff, since you must delay it unless you are a good distance). Which of course sucks. So yea although you have access to the more truer cross up option, you also run the risk of mis timeing it, and allowing it to be escaped pretty simply. And of course since your already in the air, although now your high/low ish mix up is now faster, now your in the air no matter what, so your options are faster but more limited in the grand scheme of things....

Combos

----------------

2D--SVT combos

Midscreen obviously

Medium Weight

VS Chipp

It is close to 2D>SVT>LJ>2P> S>2HS>VT>LJ (169 dmg)

VS Eddie and Dizzy

2D>SVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>SJC>S>HS>VT>delayed LJ (171 dmg on Dizzy)

VS Millia

2D>SVT>delayed LJ>6P>2HS>JC>S>JC>S>HS>VT>delayed LJ (195 dmg/200 with 222HS) (198 if S is used instead of 6P but you don't get KD)

2D>SVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (179 dmg)

Light Weight

VS May

2D>SVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>VT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>VT>LJ (155 dmg)

2D>SVT>LJ>S>2HS>JC>VT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>VT>LJ (168 dmg)

VS Jam

2D>SVT>LJ>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (166 dmg)

2D>SVT>LJ>S>2HS>JC>VT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (168 dmg)

VS Bridget

2D>SVT>LJ>S>2HS>JC>VT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (171 dmg)

2D--HS Stun Edge FRC

VS Potemkin (center)

2D>HS stun FRC>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (145 dmg)

2D>HS stun FRC>S>2HS>GS>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (163 dmg)

VS Sol

2D>HS stun FRC>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (185 dmg)

2D>HS stun FRC>dash jump>S>P>S>JC>S>HS>VT>LJ (165 dmg)

VS A.B.A and Testament

2D>HS stun FRC>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (185/159 dmg on Testament/A.B.A)

VS Millia (Extremely situational due to the precise positioning)

2D>HS stun FRC>HS>GS>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (228 dmg)

VS Most Characters

2D>HS stun FRC>J>S>P>S>JC>S>HS>VT>LJ (171 I-no)

2D>HS stun FRC> aerial dash S>HS>VT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (192 on Bridget)

2D>HS stun FRC>GS>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (178 on Baiken)

2D--Lightning Sphere

Basic passive impossible combos

Short-range = 2D>LS>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ

Advanced = 2D>LS>2S>2HS>JC>S>JC>S>HS>VT>LJ

2D>LS> dash 2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ

Heavy Weight

VS Potemkin and Robo-Ky

2D>LS>S>6P>2HS>GS>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (158/160 dmg on Potemkin/Robo-Ky)

Most Lights and Mediums

2D>LS> dash 2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (157 dmg on Slayer)

VS Johnny

Dash 2K>2D>LS> dash K>6P> closely S> (closely it was S>6P) 2HS>HSVT>LJ>>K>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (114 dmg)

VS May Johnny Zappa Bridget

2D>LS>S>2HS>GS>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (187 dmg Johnny/Zappa 193 dmg May 195 dmg Bridget)

Standard Dust Combos (Midscreen)

VS Middle Weight and Small

D>S>JC>HS> landing >S>2HS>HSVT>LJ> landing>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (142 dmg on Bridget/126dmg on Slayer)

VS Potemkin

D>S>HS> aerial dash >JD> landing 2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ

* Because it is heavy, after lifting with landing 2HS, when you do, when it becomes easy to pick up, is.

VS Jam

D>S>HS> aerial dash >JD> landing HSVT>delay LJ> dash 2P>S>2HS>VT>LJ

VS Sol Anji and Faust

D>S>HS> aerial dash >JD> landing HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>VT>LJ

Lack of confirmation

VS Bridget

D>S>HS>VT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (128 dmg)

THIS ONE IS THE FUCKED UP ONE:

VS Jam and Potemkin

D>S>HS> raising >JC>S>HS>VT>LJ> landing (raising hit) > ~ (103~dmg on Potemkin/130~dmg on Jam)

Standard Dust Combos (Corner)

Universal:

D>S>JC>HS> landing >6HS>delay HS>GS>S>2HS>SJC>S>HS>VT>LJ (130 dmg on Faust)

Medium Weight:

D>S>JC>HS> landing >6HS>delay HS>GS>S>2HS>SJC>S>HS>VT>LJ (135 dmg on Sol)

* You can exclude 2HS, it depends on how high the opponent is. Use your better judgement.

Light Weight:

D>S>JC>HS> landing >6HS> delay HS>GS>S>SJC>S>HS>VT>LJ (136 dmg on Jam)

Advanced Special VT Loop Dust:

VS Pot

D>FD>HS>6HS> turning round HS>GS>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (113 dmg)

VS Axl

D>S>JC>HS>6HS> turning round HS>GS>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ>2P>S>2HS>HSVT>LJ (139 dmg)

WTF?! Alright, so obviously me making a basic combo thread was too much. Yeah, no wonder I don't post any info here. Not to mention the QCF+D/Air QCF+D was a nice topic on its own, seeing as how its making discussion was related to how depth you can go into oki pressure. With that said, are you really going to make a strats/combo topic in one once again? It's gonna be a mess and thats exactly what was trying to be avoided... But what, you guys do what you want =/

The whole problem was AC and Slash being in one whole thing. A new thread should've been started when AC came out. I wasn't active enough back then to do so. Also, the combos you did were either too basic or they are already on the list above.

The whole problem was AC and Slash being in one whole thing. A new thread should've been started when AC came out. I wasn't active enough back then to do so.

Also, the combos you did were either too basic or they are already on the list above.

lol, maybe I should just call it the "too basic" combo thread, haha.

In general, the combos posted where beyond basic, but showed what could be done certain hits (like that ASE can be air linked and such). Not to mention, it was a general discussion on combos themselves...

Hmmm...I 've just got the USA version for AC. Some character have some differences with JAPAN version for AC in console. Does Ky also have some differences too? Maybe the frames, combo, or something else.

how do you regocnize it is USA or Japan version? xD...i still not have AC yet on PS2...i want to buy USA....i hope there will be big red words USA VERSION!!! =) ?

If you buy it from gamestop it will be USA version. If you buy it from any north american major market vendor it will be UsA version unless they were shipped a game that they can't read the case of.

Maybe the cover? U will find sentences "sponsored by : Aksys games" That's the USA version. I heard the bug in Japan version have been removed in USA version. i don't know other the differences expecially i want to know ky differences. Does Anyone know?

The Big Difference for Ky? They spelled his last name correctly. So... Ky Kyske>Ky Kiske is the big Ky change.

Hahaha....I see. They fixed some spelling for each character. But I still hear COCONUT from his mouth???

Some people says that USA version is exactly the same as the arcade version. Example for Johnny: No more free jack hound.

Today Indonesian Guilty Gear Community held a match. I could win againts Eddy, Anji, and Chipp. But One character that I hate the most is AXL! WHAT SHOULD I DO TO FIGHT THIS CHARACTER??? If I jump he'll Just do 6K or 2S or 5P and he got combo! And Axl's combo cause SO MANY DAMAGE! U know. It's really make me says WTF many times! I I press or too close with him....He got counter! If I play too defensive....He got His Hold4 > 6 HS. His damn unblockable moves!!! Do you have some tips for me? it's frustrating U know. I never win again this Character! Oh! one more thing! I found that 6P in USA version Is stronger than Japan Version. I don't know why?

Axl's range can be a pain but just remember to use a lot of Stun edges. FRCing the CSE is a great way to get in, by dashing with the fireball if he tries to poke you he is taking a fireball hit and then you should be able to combo. As for dealing with the counters, I don't know how trigger happy the player you were fighting was but if he was throwing counters on wake up or at any chance he thought a string was coming just delay you self. If you know a counter is coming run up like you are going to attack and then just chill, wait for the counter to come out and then free combo and make him cry.

FRCing CSE? Hmmm...that's a good idea. I'll Try this method next match. For dealing counter... Maybe I just throw him. i think it's the safest way. Because I don't know...when will Axl do his counter. because Axl Counter can result a combo. And the damage....Ow man I almost cry when I see it.

Most Axl's are spontaneous with their counters, so just alert and dont run into one. Also, he has 2 counters, a high one and a low one (you can tell the difference in it because Axl crouches when he does low counter) and you can attack accordingly. Say for instance, he does high counter and you see it. A throw is good in this position however you can use a low move instead to get more damage. You wont get countered by a low move when Axl's doing high counter and vice versa.

Thanks for your advice everyone. I'll try harder to fight him. At least using Ky doesn't as frustrating as using POTEMKIN to fight AXL. It's fells like My character became a kite. Geeeesh...

I get bored with This throw variation... Throw(FRC) > 5S > 2HS > j.S > dj.S > dj.HS > VT and also 6P (counter hit) > 6HS X ??? Hmmm...do you have any other variation that at least do same damage with above one? OR If you have a better one please let me know. THX.

I get bored with This throw variation...

Throw(FRC) > 5S > 2HS > j.S > dj.S > dj.HS > VT

try:

throw>FRC>6P>cS>2HS>super jump>jS>jHS>HVT>LJ

@ Shiro Hmmm...Ok? a different one. THX. I'll try it. Is there a throw (variation ) using GS ?

@ Shiro

Hmmm...Ok? a different one. THX. I'll try it.

Is there a throw (variation ) using GS ?

Even though I may spam Greed Severs almost as much as I breathe oxygen, I wouldn't do a throw combo with GS in it imo =/

Sign in to follow this