Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shazay

The Joystick Thread

Ok, first, i don't really care about modding.

Second, i really need a good arcade stick.

Some people told me this(http://www.ps3informer.com/playstation-3/images/street_fighter_stick_madcatz.png) is good.

Is it true or should i look for something else?

If you want a good stick from the start and you dont care about modding. Just pick yourself up a SFIV TE stick.

If you want a decent stick then the stick you linked us to is acceptable.

ok, do you guys have by any chance a site where i can buy the sf IV at an acceptable price? On ebay it cost too much, and newegg doesn't ship to italy.

I got the Madcatz MvC TE. I'm very happy with it so far. It's almost like starting over again which sucks but I can tell that once I get used to it I'll have a much higher level of control. Just gonna have to sit down and PRACTICE.

ok, do you guys have by any chance a site where i can buy the sf IV at an acceptable price? On ebay it cost too much, and newegg doesn't ship to italy.

Amazon ships to Italy but I don't know their rates. The have the TE for $130 USD on both consoles, and the SE for $43-$49.99 USD. They also have the HRAP3-SA (ps3) and EX SE (360) for $89 USD.

Two question on this stick. Will be mostly used for GG and BB, maybe SF4 but most likely not.

1. I read couple of reviews online and heard it was good and currently, I am fine with the price. Anyone out there who can give me their opinion on it and if they can offer me advice on a better stick.

2. Can anyone confirm if this WILL work on the PC? I have a Vista currently and it has GGXX#R on it and currently, am sick of wasd controls :/. And also, would this stick work if I am playing GG?

EDIT: for those who are too lazy to click the link

Posted Image

Thanks.

Two question on this stick. Will be mostly used for GG and BB, maybe SF4 but most likely not.

1. I read couple of reviews online and heard it was good and currently, I am fine with the price. Anyone out there who can give me their opinion on it and if they can offer me advice on a better stick.

2. Can anyone confirm if this WILL work on the PC? I have a Vista currently and it has GGXX#R on it and currently, am sick of wasd controls :/. And also, would this stick work if I am playing GG?

EDIT: for those who are too lazy to click the link

Posted Image

Thanks.

I can easily say these are some very shoddy sticks, this was my second arcade stick and the worst ive owned thus far. The buttons will most likely fail after a couple of hard months play, but the stick is solid. I would say go for the HRAP3SA/HRAPEXSE off of amazon for like 90 right now and free shipping. Itll last you for years. If you get one of these it takes a lot of time/know how to get it modded.

If you want a lower price range PLEASE go with the SFIVSE. I have one currently, its the easiest stick to mod, solidly built, and a pretty good steal for around 45 bucks on amazon.

It's a licensed Hori stick. Rule of thumb is, licensed sticks with game artwork = soldered buttons, i.e. you'd need a solder to change buttons out, which you inevitably will with these. Changing the joystick on that, if you ever need to, also requires some dremeling since the JLF or LS shaft are a bit longer than the stock stick in there (iirc). I'd second the SE. Got one too for use as a loaner stick and it's easy as butt to fix up.

I got today my SFIV TE stick. It's awsome. My only complain is the round gate instead od the square one and the fact tht the stick is too close to the buttons. But those are small issues. It' awsome. Anywyas, can ya link me some guide to start modding it? i just want to change the cover and change the position of the stick.

I got today my SFIV TE stick.

It's awsome.

My only complain is the round gate instead od the square one and the fact tht the stick is too close to the buttons.

But those are small issues. It' awsome. Anywyas, can ya link me some guide to start modding it? i just want to change the cover and change the position of the stick.

TE's come with squares...

SRK Tech Talk has all the info you need on modding. Go to tek-innovations.com for your plexi art needs.

Thanks for the advice guys. Just wondering, does anyone know if the HRAPEXSE will work on a PC w/ Vista?

Can a TE be modded to work on the Wii? Short of that, what's the cheapest option for a TvC-compatible stick? I was thinking of buying a PS2 stick and converter.

Hay, people, any opinions about this?

I wanna get a stick for my PS3 but so far I've had no luck at all :/

Side note: don't bother recommending me the TE thing or similars. I hate square-base Sanwa lollipop sticks and the too-sensitive Sanwa buttons D;

So can anyone vouch for the PS3 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3-SA? Is it reliable? Do you need to mod it or is it fine if you leave it as is? Also would you personally buy it if you weren't planning on entering any serious tournaments? The most I would be doing would be the online tournaments hosted on dustloop/other sites. If your answer is "no" then would you go with a cheaper stick, or would you just stick with the PS3 pad? If the former, then what stick would you suggest?

Hay, people, any opinions about this?

I wanna get a stick for my PS3 but so far I've had no luck at all :/

Side note: don't bother recommending me the TE thing or similars. I hate square-base Sanwa lollipop sticks and the too-sensitive Sanwa buttons D;

Get an SE and mod it to bat top and happ or seimitsu.

So can anyone vouch for the PS3 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3-SA? Is it reliable? Do you need to mod it or is it fine if you leave it as is?

Also would you personally buy it if you weren't planning on entering any serious tournaments? The most I would be doing would be the online tournaments hosted on dustloop/other sites. If your answer is "no" then would you go with a cheaper stick, or would you just stick with the PS3 pad? If the former, then what stick would you suggest?

HRAP3 SA is good as is. Mod it only for preference's sake; quality wise, it's standard issue i.e. not substandard.

Thanks :v: Now, I'd have to find a place where I can order one of those SE sticks :vbang: The button things, to be honest I have no idea what you're talking about :( I just know that I can't play at all using Sanwa buttons, because of their retarded sensibility. You barely touch them and they respond :|

If you like American style arcade buttons, Happ is for you. If you like Sanwa style but more resistant/more pressure needed, Seimitsu. Happ is hardest to press out of all three. lizardlick.com is a good site to order parts from. modchipman is another. There are tutorials all over the net on modding. Try to find an SE cheap/used; don't pay more than $60 USD for one brand new. Otherwise you'll be spending $100+ USD total after mods.

Well just make sure the source images you used to compile that are in a decent resolution, otherwise prepare for some pixelation. And you probably know this but ye, make sure you print out some extra leeway around the edges and get rid of the button layers. Otherwise, you'll have to be extremely exact/down to the millimeter to make it look nice.

I want to get a stick for this game, however I have a wii, and the tournament standard is apparently ps2. I would like to be able to use the same controller on a wii and on a ps2. Am I better off getting a ps2 stick with a wii converter, or a wii stick with a ps2 converter, or should I just buy a ps2? Will there be any lag if I use a converter?

I'm thinking of something like:

http://www.amazon.com/PS2-PS3-PC-Universal-Fighting-Joystick/dp/B0015PHMFU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

+

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/Wii_Accessories_PS2_to_Wii_Converter.htm

OR

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Fighting-Stick-Nintendo/dp/B000SKLUXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265222872&sr=8-1

+

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-70-k5n.html