Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aqua

is dizzy alive?

i havent seen none of good dizzies recently, every single one is getting her ass kicked... what is the currently best dizzy player? and if you have some vids of him/her it would be nice, thanks

Kazuki is still the top rated one I think, though it should be noted that H.H took a four-win streak in 23on23, which was only beaten by Shounen and Niga (6 wins each)

people have different opinions. i have no idea what makes a good Dizzy player. rarely do i watch videos of matches or combo. i think i'm okay...sorta good. (but nobody knows me)

kazuki, the best > very strong mindgames (see SBO 06, using opponents knowledge of dizzys weakness against them); sick combos, comebacks from what I heard from someone in japan atm. Makoto > unique style. makoto does stuff ONLY makoto does. H.H. > overall good. but I really dont see anything sticking out in his gameplay. He just wins somehow.

Makoto's dizzy is incredible to watch. Kazuki is much more consistent and solid player but makotos offense is crazy and as stated before you see him do strings no one else uses.

Check out kazuki's (one ;_; ) match from sbo 2007 on youtube. Despite losing his only match in the tournament, the second round makes up for it. Poor sharon/kazuki team.

im wondering is there a good american dizzy cause the american dizzy's i've seen are a little sloppy, if we plan to beat to beat the japanese we need to step it up

I think most dizzy player should concentrate on something closer at home first, like winning tourny in your area as a dizzy player. Dizzy is the more harder character to use when it comes to high level play such has avoiding hits and zoning. Fortunately Dizzy is still alive thnx to H.H showing us that awesome match of his vs shounen. Guess my admiration level for H.H has gone up. his play style is starting to have that unique feel to it.

All American Dizzy's I've seen/played are sloppy. Mine was sloppy for a while before I started to slow down and actually think about what I was doing. It's too easy to get punished for doing dry summons an IADing all over the place. I moved away from playing her because you have to wait too long to be able to defend yourself. Dry summons are easily punished, and you're running away 2/3 of the time. A lot of players don't do safe block strings either, or even block strings that are easier on hit confirm. It also seems that a lot of the Dizzy players are new anyway. I know I didn't start learning this game until 3 months ago. I guess Dizzy is still alive, it's just been a while since I've seen anyone post in here. No one has even commented on fatewalker's videos and he posted them 17 days ago.

Most people just view and dont comment (its like that in every thread). Only good dizzy players i seen are Kurumster and Alex G. I would say ECKrang but I never got to play him.

good Dizzy players in the US are Alex G and P.R.O. i have no good vids of myself. just sloppy play of myself. i think i have one good vid from N Cubed Vs. Jamar. i'll post that anyway when i get it. it was pretty annoying cuz i did good at N Cubed.... only team tournies got filmed though. meh.....

P.R.O.

Fuck yeah he is

IMO there are/were lots of good US Dizzies but they don't all play anymore, DrgnEclair comes to mind right away, poon used to play her as main, I never played Destin back in the day but he's like the old-school Dizzy... I mean shit, Alex G is one of the best of the best and he plays Dizzy, so yes she's very alive :P

Dizzy is very much alive for me, but for some reason Bizarro stopped updating his guide :8/: I guess I should try contacting him about it or start updating it for him or something I'm going to blame myself for not posting more here, but everyone I know who plays Dizzy is on my MSN anyways and we usually talk directly instead of going through here :I: And so the forum gets less and less active and the beginners who would've come in here asking for help instead runs to the testament forum screaming "HOW DO I 200 BL IN A ROW?!? I SAW SHONAN DO IT!! (P.S. HOW DO I PLAY AGAINST SAINT SOL IN SLASH?!?)" ...or something :roboky:

lol got caught in BL loop on the opening of match looks really funny for me these days :) ... and there's less unfavorable match for me on my neighborhood (Johnny :v:) ... there's only a few things i need to pump up with her and i'm done for :yaaay: