Sign in to follow this  
hatorri hanzo

Faust in Slash : Matchups

@DancingFighterG : fighting against Sol has discussed before on this thread, check out previous pages.

What do you guys use against a running sol, I like 5s/2hs but sometimes i'm not clutch enough and they end up coming in close enough of 6p/2d(which beats 2p, reminds me too much of slayer 2hs :blue: ). Should I push it to the limit with a 5d or bite my tounge and try 2s? I'd test this out at home but I don't have a ps2 at college... Also on the jam matchup ... mixing more 2k's in instead of whiffing 5ks is highly effective in between poking. If she goes for a charge or an iad it's almost guaranteed counterhit everytime.

Yeah Sol running at you is pretty scary. I would atleast keep 2hs in your game. Sol players are pretty aggressive so you'll likely score a counter hit so you can follow up with 41236k. If he has to run up to you then that probably means he's at mid-distance from you. Keep him there or farther aways so I would try mix a little 2D to catch him off guard. 2S is a decent idea but but Faust doesn't have too many close range moves that will beat some of sol's moves. Anybody else have suggestions?

Dashing from midscreen is a pretty stupid move for sol to begin with. Hes bound to get poked before he even gets there. I'm pretty sure he'll prefer to attack from the air. In any case, hit him before he gets close. Thats all there is to it. If hes close enough to hit you, don't attempt to beat any of his attacks with your own. Superjump airdash, air brake, land, and start over. If he prefers air like I said, then get ready to counter with AA and punish. Simple enough. On the occasion that he covers his ground dash with an frc gunflame in front of it, then just superjump like I mentioned before.

Kintaro, when and how should air brakes be used? Right now I'm using it for dumb tricks and I throw it out from time to time when I'm running away or creeping in, but I don't REALLY know what I'm doing or ought to be doing with it.

You use it primarily for three things I guess: 1. Airdash brake - His airdash is long and can be punishable - but can be cancelled with the air brake. This gives you the advantage of great air coverage - but still makes it safe and flexible since you can stop dashing at any point. 2. Falling on enemies - Its not always safe jumping in on enemies. To make sure you control the air properly, you have to land safely as well. Alert enemies would try to anti-air you on the way down. Air brakeing just at the right times will make them mistime thier anti-air and let you not only land safely, but punish the whiffed anti-air with a prompt air 2K in the face. Normally I do them twice first while falling at jumpheight to get my bearings and elevation right. (Plus it gives the enemy a little more time to spot you in the air and get ready to use his anti-air.) Once you're near the ground and hes about to AA you, then you pop one or two brakes, the AA whiffs and you 2K LGMW them. Don't do air 2K high in the air. Note: don't use AA baiting as an offensive move. Use superjumps a lot (instead of regular jumps). 3. For the overhead LAK mixups - combo options after the overhead are horribly limited, but its good to put it in there for posteritys sake.

I need inputs on fighting Anji. His autoguards are quite annoying when I use Faust. And somehow j.2K brake trick becomes a bit useless in this match since Anji can just grab Faust with On, and this really annoys me since it makes superjump to airdash a bit dangerous for Faust since I can't airbrake safely? I still feel this is not a hard matchup for Faust, so I'll greatly appreciate if someone can explain how correct my feeling is.

I need inputs on fighting Anji. His autoguards are quite annoying when I use Faust. And somehow j.2K brake trick becomes a bit useless in this match since Anji can just grab Faust with On, and this really annoys me since it makes superjump to airdash a bit dangerous for Faust since I can't airbrake safely?

I still feel this is not a hard matchup for Faust, so I'll greatly appreciate if someone can explain how correct my feeling is.

I would just recommend keeping your distance and start using Faust as a long distance character for this match. Doing 2HS can be safe when at the approiate distance should the Anji player start spamming guard points. Also when ever you can, use Faust's item special. It can help keep on the pressure and screw up and waste Anji's guard points. If you get Anji on the ground then is a good time to keep on the pressure with either 2K or j.FDC-> j.k, or both. I don't think Anji's wakeup game is that good to stop this.

@Zoogstin : Thanks for the input. I really would like to keep the distance between Faust and Anji but Anji would eventually get in. That's where I usually superjump (and airdash), but then I don't know what I should do after that since Anji can just do autoguard or grab Faust with On as he falls to the ground. I really like to superjump to escape from pressures but against Anji it doesn't seem to work really well and that's what make me hate this matchup.

I'm unsure of the priority of Anji's On but I can guess that its pretty high. Have you tested faust's j.D? It beats a lot of crap but I'm unsure about command grabs. Also I checked out the Anji Matchup thread. It has an anti-faust guide on the first page. Ironically it gives a quite a few things that faust has over Anji and what Faust can do to beat Anji. :grin: Check it out and make sure you use these strats when necessary.

How is his match up with Johnny?

Faust does good against JO mainly because he can zone JO all day with items and his longer pokes... i think faust also have a very good AA.. at least this is what i felt when i played against local fausts~

The problem against Johnny is: Jack Hound. Maybe this problem is that I don't play GGXX/ so frequently...(so does the local Johnny-player)

Does anyone have any tips vs May? I'm having the most trouble vs her blocked dolphin frc mixup, and her slash dolphin whiff command grab setups. Is it possible to 6p or 5k her during her dolphin moves? Thanks.

Against May, you gotta block. She's going to counter you if you try to 5k during her during her riding the dolphin most of the time. Well actually it could trade. You're going to not be able to do 6p during her pressure strings, just block and be patient.

Remember Faust can crawl under many of Venom's balls. Plus learn how to airdash cancel (j2k FDC). Venom isn't too good at getting pressure off, so when you get him in the corner, pressure the fool to death. This isn't much but you just have to learn how to play smarter. Plus remember to always throw out an item when it is safe.

Maybe I can crawl under his balls then lick em? How's venoms air game? cuz when i played vs venom, i didn't try to sj to get out of his lockdown.

I don't have too much Venom experience but I believe his air game kind of sucks. If he's good he'll try to air grab you but you have j.D on your side. Other anti-airs he has is ricocheting his balls into the air. But for the most part I think Faust has the advantage in the air. Anybody agree or disagree?

Maybe I can crawl under his balls then lick em?

lolz

Anyway, my advice is to get in medium. 2HS is somewhat formidable after he finishes ball pressure. Good range and combos into 236S, start a combo like that. Also, like Zoogstin said, through out items as often as possible. Force him to change his game plan.

You just gotta be careful with his air game I think. You got the advantage for the most part, like Zoogstin said. Sure, when he's up there he's easy target but if he's got balls around, he can punish you a bit easier. If there's no balls out 5K that bastard and jump cancel.

Which of Faust's moves can beat Johnny's j.HS?

Usually j.HS will do it, but if he's already on top of you doing it, none of Faust's air normals will do it reliably AFAIK.

6P will do it.

5K I get CH a lot.... though maybe I'm just doing it wrong :/

2S hasn't worked well for me, either.

2k? throw an item and hope its a hammer? pogo k? lol um what about robo. i have trouble with him he always j.D and gets me out of bombbags. and if you try and stayaway too much he charges gauge with mats. what do you do againts eddie?

Vs Robo I would poke and try to throw in some command grabs. From my experience his most problematic moves were 2k, and leveled up specials. If you can keep him zoned and scared to drop a mat then you should do alright. Be careful in the air, your J.HS should beat and of his air moves though as long as you arn't above him, and avoid using bomb bag if he has a chance and angle to use his j.D. As for eddie... there really isnt that much you can do imo its a terrible matchup. Bomb bag when you get the chance to stop little eddie and for lockdown, make sure you are careful with all your pokes, if you hit little eddie on accident then you are command grabbed for sure. Once he corners you your only chance is a well timed DAA.:vbang:

Sign in to follow this