Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

Well, I was fiddling around practicing combos from koogy's 101 thread, and I saw one that said from a really close 2H to do 5K, j.K, j.2K,j.k (JC) d.jK,d.j2K, d.jD. So I fiddled with it and wonder what I could do. So I fiddled and now what I do is from really close 2H I go to c.S, j.K, j.2K j.k (JC) d.jS(1), d.j2K, d.jD, d.j2k, d.jD. You can make the jS 2 hits, but I can't seem to get that last jD if I do. Take note, I started learning Slayer when I started, then switched to my current main Anji. But I think I just may go back to learning Slayer for real. I'm still a noob, but I think I'm making decent progress in my combos to warrant going back. EDIT: I forgot to mention that the combo I said I do now doesn't work in the corner. Maybe it does, but when I try it always ends up being a f.S instead of c.S, but I'm a noob so maybe someone else can do it.

that combo works in the corner. I've done it many times, though it's not my prefered. Preferably with no tension I do c.S, j.k, j.2k, j.k, (jc), dj.s(1 hit), dj.2k, dj.D, dj.2k, dj.k, land, c.S (or 5p/5k, depends on height and distance), j.k, j.2k, j.D That combo works alot better with BBU or crosswise, but a close 2h can do it too.

What is BDC Mappa good for?

For a quick counterattack against some moves which are active for not very long time, like Johnny's 5H and far S.

How often do you guys use Pile Bunkers? How safe are they? (I know the FB one is safe)

Not too often, inside and outside combos. Nowadays people like to use long air combos, and Pile Bunkers rarely fit in it. FB PB is somewhat safe (although not completely safe), non-FB one isn't, of course.

dj.s(1 hit), dj.D

what? jS is cancelable into jD?

lol, I fucked up my annotation... oh well. Slayer combos go for fucking ever now... and all those j.2k. Really this is all an excuse for me missing that when I wrote it out, but ya dj.s(1 hit), dj.2k, dj.D

probably forgot a dj.2K in between the two attacks.

Hey guys, I'm new to Slayer but decided he does too much damage to ignore him. So far I've gotten pretty much no competition, spending most of my time in training mode before i head to the arcade.

Some questions:

What is BDC Mappa good for?

How often do you guys use Pile Bunkers? How safe are they? (I know the FB one is safe)

What would do you guys do for combos off of 2H assuming you have no meter and are far away?

What would you guys do for combos off 2H assuming you have no meter and are close up? When I'm in the corner and very close, I use

2H, 5K (jump cancel) j.K, j.2k, j.k (jump cancel) dj.K, dj.2k, dj. D.

I was so fucking giddy because I found this just by fucking around in training mode and it seems pretty good. Then I realized its not that great because they need to be cornered and I need to be really close. Also, for some reason, I have a LOT of trouble doing this on the left side..and I'm not one of those people who can only play fighting games on one side. I'm pretty good on both. My problem is right at the j.2k (jump cancel) part. On the left side, the jump cancel just..doesn't come out! I just fall to the ground. WTF. Anyone know what my problem is?

Thanks in advance

BDC Mappa is for punishing a predictable poke from the opponent. However, you only get 6 frames of invincibility from the BDC, so you can only "safely" use it against something that's active for less than 6 frames.

Outside of combos, Pilebunker usage is dependent on who you're playing. If the people you play against have tight gameplay, and don't throw out unsafe hitboxes all the time, then you don't use Pilebunker. But, if you're playing guys who are kinda "wet and wild" with their playstyle, then PB is pretty much what you want to use.

Pilebunker is really unsafe, so play without it for a little while until you get a feel for your opponent's style.

And combo questions / discussion goes in the combo sticky :I:

I've got a question about BDC mappa. What is it? :vbang:

BDC Mappa is a backdash, canceled by a jump, canceled by a Mappa, leaving you with 6 frames of invincibility from the original backdash.

Unlike everyone else's backdash, Slayer is on the ground during the entire backdash, so he can jump-cancel.

Jumping has its own start-up/activation time, and for whatever reason, you can cancel your jump during this start-up period by doing a special. (The start-up time is 5F for Slayer.)

We really need those old guides back that go over the basics like bdc... Now that I look around, there's not much covering stuff like that anymore that easily accessible. Someone else wanna make one? lol.

I rarely use pilepunker at all unless I know I can get away with it. Even in combo, unless I'm going to do PB loop in the corner or wanna try for 5hs, PB air combo ender when I land... but really anytime I'm on the ground and I can combo into PB... I do 2D if it'll connect for knockdown. Sets up for your oki and the dmg difference isn't that big. Overall I find it to be far more advantageous.

Oh, and the FB PB isn't completely safe, if you do it really close (like breathing on them close), you can be punished for it. If I remember, the attack is -5 on block after all. It just has some great pushback so you usually end up safe.

BDC Mappa is a backdash, canceled by a jump, canceled by a Mappa, leaving you with 6 frames of invincibility from the original backdash.

Unlike everyone else's backdash, Slayer is on the ground during the entire backdash, so he can jump-cancel.

Jumping has its own start-up/activation time, and for whatever reason, you can cancel your jump during this start-up period by doing a special. (The start-up time is 5F for Slayer.)

And suddenly BDC makes sense. That's interesting, I didn't know about that. I mean I knew you could jump cancel the backdash, but not that you could do shenanigans off of it. So, please correct me if I'm wrong, would the input look like 4-4,7/8/9,236K?

The flipkick (j.2K) seems to be a nice aerial movement option. I'm learning how to use it properly now.

Ok so I was thinking in practice mode today. Normal hit dead on time gives you a free mix up. Since they can wall tech low to the ground, most people do, so you get the choice of 2S if they don't FD or jump up and air throw if they do. If they don't tech, 2S and continue the combo. I'm gonna test this out tonight vs. people.

Yeah, that mix up is good, if you are in position to get it.. I also sometimes like to j.p to the ground and go for a guard break or let them fall and throw/bite.

they do have the optoin of teching like forward or seomthign which i think can bounce them pretty far out of reach ? or what they can do is tech smart, and tech just when you try to 2S, go through it and smack you in the face :v:

Yeah, that mix up is good, if you are in position to get it.. I also sometimes like to j.p to the ground and go for a guard break or let them fall and throw/bite.

guard break? (unblockable??)

guard break? (unblockable??)

Well basically if they don't faultless you hit the ground first and it's a guard break... haha or I'm misunderstanding you.... if they do faultless you can sometimes stop punching let them drop and go for a bite right away. I'm confused : (

when they foward tech the bounce right into an airthrow it's like foward teching the cr.hs

Depends on matchup! 2S IAD iadS sounds really bad though- can be crouched and anti-aired =[ Simple patterns like K then 6K/2K into whatever, or blocked Undertow to mixup, or whiff Undertow to mixup... generally pretty reliable. Meaty 2D can be really good to start pressure.

Well basically if they don't faultless you hit the ground first and it's a guard break... haha or I'm misunderstanding you.... if they do faultless you can sometimes stop punching let them drop and go for a bite right away. I'm confused : (

when they foward tech the bounce right into an airthrow it's like foward teching the cr.hs

to me, guard break = unblockable, but maybe my terminology is wrong. in any case, i see what you mean.

Plus abit of randomness for the fear factor. Random Pilebunkers, random BBUs, random DoTs and random Boss.Slayer style DHDs!

Sign in to follow this