Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

Wisconsin, the "other" Hollywood.

I play BB, GG, and a shitload of others...my only difficulty is transportation and lodging to places.

Yeah, I hear ya. I love BB, GG, and basically any fighter (other than SF-style), but none of the SRK scene plays BB. And so I basically play MvC3 because it has Zero, and AH3 because it's a good game. It's kind of surprising that Milwaukee has a good number of Arcana players, but I don't get the chance to play them very often since they have game nights on Tuesday nights, which is impossible for me to make.

Hopefully a few people will pick up CS2, but I don't really think that's gonna happen =/. East coast had a lot more BB/GG/Melty/etc players than midwest.

Yeah no transportation makes me a sad man. Haven't played Blazblue in forever, just started picking up Jin's new combos though. For some reason.

Trying to get decent at MvC3, but the online is even worse than Blazblue's so >_>;

You guys should post on SRK. That's basically how I found offline competition. Kinda. It was actually homingcancel, but almost all of the WI scene posts on SRK.

And I've played like 20 matches of online MvC3 since day one. It's terrible, it's almost better to not play online. Regardless, there's at least one other person that would play BB if more people played offline. If anyone wants/is able to to venture to Madison some random weekend that a tourney's not on we can get some casuals in. I only have one setup but since there's only like 2 people other than me that post on this thread every now and then that shouldn't matter.

GGs Dooku, in case you didn't see my response post in the MI thread, feel free to visit the thread whenever, we have like 900 guests lol

Yep, I replied in the MI thread earlier.

Yo WI, we really need to actually uhh get a scene here? Madison has a small number of players in anything, and we all want to play different games =/

I guess I'll ask this here too / talk to a nonexistant scene: Anybody going to Seasons Beatings this year? I'll just post here periodically to see if anyone's going to the tournaments I'm going. Maybe if this stays on the first page of the thread list for more than a few days any potential new players will see it and say something.

This thread is the best. At least we have 3 BB players in Madison, and 1-2 other players that are willing to learn!

Not enough people play sadlife games in the Midwest.

Sweet, I'm gonna be in NorCal for work the beginning of next month, and I'll be able to go to the next NCI.

I'm pretty hype for leaving the midwest to find people to play against. I'm also considering going to SoCal regionals in December, that sounds like it would be pretty awesome.

I need to start playing more so I don't just embarrass myself =X

Registered to post in this thread. I'm a fairly scrubby BB player in Madison who doesn't actually own the game and would be willing to get his ass kicked a lot. Also willing to learn anything else.

Registered to post in this thread. I'm a fairly scrubby BB player in Madison who doesn't actually own the game and would be willing to get his ass kicked a lot. Also willing to learn anything else.

Gotcha, cool. I'm going to be out of town for like a week starting Tuesday, and won't really have time before I leave. Up for games when I get back? Me and my roommate play BB, MvC3, and other stuff. Where do you live? West/East side?

I'm actually going to the U, living in Liz Waters. Buses exist, if I need to go anywhere way out, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Alright, yeah I live on the west side, over behind West Towne. I'll post up here again after I get back, and we should get some games in. You can either come over here, or me and Keranata could go over to your place for games.

Yeah, it'd definitely be easier if I came to you, more because I don't have a console or controllers/pads in my room currently. Keep me posted here

Alright that's cool, I'll probably be free on the weekend of the 12th or so, so you could come over around then probably. I'll let you know next week.

I'll be back in town late tomorrow night, might (?) have some time this week. I'll be jet-lagged from timezone differences + DST, so wednesday is probably a bust also, thursday is an awkward day to do anything. I might be up for games friday, or I might just want to relax. I don't know yet. Business travel for a week is pretty tiring.

There's a tournament on Sunday in Milwaukee that I'm probably going to. I'm bringing a BB setup even though people there don't play, and there might be BB players from MI coming.

Also the first post in this thread should say to check the shoryuken thread for WI, it's much more active than this. Unfortunately hardly anyone that posts there plays BB, so there's that too =/. People around here only play Capcom fighters really.

I'm sure I'll have time next weekend. Maybe Friday or Sunday, don't know yet.

I'm busy this week also; I'm going to Minneapolis midweek. Normally I don't travel this much, but after this I won't be travelling again until Spring probably! Except tournaments and maybe vacation.

Sorry, but yeah this weekend won't work. I'm going to be in Green Bay playing UMVC3 on friday/saturday. Wasn't planning on that happening, it just did. I'll be working on Sunday probably.

Next week sometime will work, sorry for having to work around my schedule =/

Eh, no worries. I completely forgot about the imminent rape that is my midterms next week, so I'm not too hurt. Though sorry, I'll be going home for Thanksgiving weekend. <_<

Yeaaaah, after that I should be in the clear, so here's hoping to sometime maybe!