Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[CS1-CSE] Tsubaki Self-Improvement and Critique Thread

So many non-optimal combos.

I know you might look at the sjc one-charge, and think "it only does 200 more, so why use it?" It doing 200 more is enough to decide matches. And, when it comes time to do corner combos, 6C>jc j.bc>j.cc won't cut it after 22D. You won't get the height you need to continue the corner combo into a delicious 4.4k. It's better that you get used to it now. And that one time you dp'd ater 22D, I cringed. You lost so much damage. IF you thought you were too far away from midscreen for the combo to carry, or something, you can dash after 22D to get close enough to midscreen.

j.236x is mad unsafe by itself.

Toss out 2C as an anti-air. Most of Tsu's normals are bad, but 2C is really, really good. Use it, especially as opposed to going air-to-air. (j.B stuffs some stuff, but not much. 2C is much less risky.)

Please watch and criticize...xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CStjeNGzApY

Nice Tsubaki. There I would just say watch out for Taokaka's overhead, as it did get you so many times. You can't poke her out of it with a 2a. If you are REALLY alert you can use 2C. The fact that you were using the sexy white outfit means that I will be definately watching your vids more. You have my vote. Also how comes sometimes you'd drop your combos with a 2d?

Again nice. The unblockable setup is better to use against Hakumen rather than Taokaka.

Ok. Here I honestly think any Tsubaki should never use 5BB against Tager. Instead just to 5B-2B. Tager can 720 you out of your 2nd hit and I'm pretty sure he can 360 you too. After and 236D, usually and unfortunately anything Tager might do is very likely to beat what you do next, so be careful.

Nice using 214B to avoid spark bolt.

I wouldn't advise using 5CC in a block string. The longer your combos are the more likely you are asking for a 360/720 or even a throw. Instead, try like, 5B-2B(B) CC and dash back. Use 5B to poke Tager and to keep distance, but it doesn't beat his 6a? I think. Also if he jumps use 2C and if he barrier blocks it, thats an unblockable setup for you (depending on distance)

Another thing I've noticed is that Tager usually gets combos on you that are not with consistant timing (or don't work) so in other words, try to work on teching (but at the right times against Tager)

Apart from that, it definately looks like you know what you are doing with Tsubaki, and I enjoyed watching your videos. Very good Tsubaki and I can definately see you getting much much better with her.

Please watch and criticize...xD

You went for a ton of resets in the Taokaka match. Resets shouldn't be your priority, they're there to catch your opponent off guard. If you're dropping half your combos with charge canceling or 22D, the other person will probably catch on, which the Taokaka did, and started mashing 2A while getting hit.

In the Hakumen match, you should try not jumping so much. Tsubaki's anti-air 2C is better than doing j.B/C.

Thank you! Learned A LOT from the comments...keep 'em coming...xD

@Kiba

maybe I was confused or doing resets...that was my first time playing with a Tao.

Guess I'll add some videos of mine to this nice thread =)

I'll post 3 videos, though my channel has more. I don't mind anyone watching the rest, maybe it's easier to give me some tips on what I should or should not be doing if you watch more. Anyways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rekwQibkIZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M71ehBPrOWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0n77mck1w

I'm mainly looking for anything that's considered a bad habit, since I really wouldn't have a clue on what I should or should not be doing at specific times.

General match-up info is welcome too, though there's a specific thread for that anyways, so it's not needed unless you want to. =)

Oh its daedron hi:D I fought you a few times on ranked. are you from europe by any chance? i think i had quite a good connection with u.(also ur pretty high on the boards arent you?)

anyway for the vids:

1. hitconfirming 5B. especially in that match against tager u scored hits and retreated afterwards

2. also gainst tager, keep out of the air, especially when magnetized

3. random 22Ds dont do anything for ya...okay maybe as AA at a certain distance:3

didnt notice any more negative stuff. your 2C AA; 22D gimmick and charge cancelling were nice though.

take this with a grain of salt, since i just picked tsubaki up again(just did some ranked matches and won like 3 of 10 matchesXD)

Disagree with using 2b against Tager as I'm pretty sure he gets a free 720 if he IBs it. Really, any normal except 5b gets ib>360a/720 for free I think.

Thank you! Learned A LOT from the comments...keep 'em coming...xD

@Kiba

maybe I was confused or doing resets...that was my first time playing with a Tao.

Glad I could help and I see. For your first time you were doing really well. Remember Tao can duck under 5B though. I assumed you knew that because you were trying to get a hit confirm with 5a/2a. :cool:

Guess I'll add some videos of mine to this nice thread =)

I'll post 3 videos, though my channel has more. I don't mind anyone watching the rest, maybe it's easier to give me some tips on what I should or should not be doing if you watch more. Anyways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rekwQibkIZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M71ehBPrOWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0n77mck1w

I'm mainly looking for anything that's considered a bad habit, since I really wouldn't have a clue on what I should or should not be doing at specific times.

General match-up info is welcome too, though there's a specific thread for that anyways, so it's not needed unless you want to. =)

HI Daedron. I remember playing you. Tsubaki dittos are always something to look forward to for me, as I learn alot. But anyway about you.

1st vid:

You should never be using 5CC on block. It's so unsafe (then again most of her normals are), and 3:06 kinda proved why. Maybe do like 5B-2BB CC or something? When Valk has got 50% + heat try to keep your block strings shorter, or even with 5B pokes.

2nd vid:

Try not to use 5CC on block. Against Tager, that's a free 360/720 for him if he IBs. You have to play a keep away game with Tager charging so you can setup gimmicks with 22D. As a matter of fact 5B pokes work well, and/or try to keep your block strings EXTREMELY short. 5B-2B CC back air dash is enough is simply just 5B, that's much safer.

Also don't go air to air with Tager. Use 2C, and if blocked, that's a 22D setup (like I said before depending on distance and such)

3rd vid:

Hakumen going for that astral was too predictable. Try not to use j214 alot either, unless you're trying to get away, but for hit confirming? Not really a good idea.

Looking back at what I've said, I strongly urge to keep Tsubaki's block strings very short because of the risk of retaliation from an IB.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the help Kiba, I'll try to keep my blockstrings a lot shorter from now on, and I guess I should drop 6C - jc as well considering how unsafe it can be during it's startup.

Also I dunno why I don't use 2C against Tager, probably some old habit I haven't unlearned yet, I use 2C a lot against other characters but not the slow ass tager.

I'm gonna go ahead and say his j.2C beats Tsubaki's 2C though right?

@Seyu: Your name's familiar but I can't really remember, I am from Europe though so our connection would have been good indeed. Especially since I'm in the country right next to yours =) (Holland)

You're welcome. 6C can be useful sometimes, but it really depends. I use it for pressure, to jump cancel into a kara throw for instance (depends on characters, for example I probably won't do it on Ragna or Tager).

And I'm pretty sure 2C beats Tager's j.2C

I'm rusty and need some tsubaki advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcQXge9pgx0

I only watched the first and it's possible I'll get back to you on the others.

You need to try finishing your combos, but I understand that you did say you're rusty.

Also there were times you'd get in a j214d on hit, and then follow up by dashing into 2b, which was not a true combo. You can instead go for 236C-214A-22A/DD for instance.

You used a few unsafe moves too like 214x or even the 236C. Avoid doing it unless it's followed by a RC (This is if they were blocking). You can get punished for it. Also try not to use JD alot. There were times the Bang player could've easily attacked you because of it. Go for a 2D possibly, it gives you time to retaliate and move around quick, especially against Bang.

Watched the first 2 vids and most of this will be repeating what Kiba said.

Learn combos. You didn't really finish much at all.

Try not to do the 2cc. It's almost always better to just let 2c go. If it AA CHs you want to do dash 5b>2cc and not 2cc anyway and 2cc is hella slow if you screw up, especially if you get your 2c crossed up like happened sometimes.

Stop using J.d so much. It is fairly unsafe. Also, don't spam dive if you do use j.d. Zeth finally started IBing it and punishing you for it later but you should mi up between just dropping or, if you see him run in, doing j.214c. When you have 50 meter it's ok to dive>rc, but the point there is more fishing for CH dive or a 5c hit and not to make j.d safe. You want that meter for Mugen though normally. Use 2d more instead, especially at neutral situations where neither person can hit each other. Like when you were whiffing 5b midscreen in second vid, should have been just doing 2d.

Don't waste charge off 6a or even 2b I think. Too much proration to really do much. Just get a quick combo into charge or go for a reset instead unless you'll kill them.

Also, try jumping after 3c sometimes instead of doing 3cc>22c. It makes you more safe and if you happen to hit with the 3c the jump>fall j.c combo is what you want to do anyway.

Don't waste charge off 6a or even 2b I think.

Quick tossout - 2bb>5cc>22D doesn't even go into aircombo. It's techable after 6C. If it'll kill them, then go for it -- but otherwise, don't even bother.

Ok diospyros, I watched the last two vids.

I think you use alot of naked/random j214x or 236. You shouldn't need to use it that many times tbh. It gets predictable, especially the fact that they are unsafe too. I did see a few RCs though.

Also yea you shouldn't need to use JD alot, especially against Lambda. Your main priority is not to charge but to concentrate on getting in and applying some pressure. Also when she used the 236236 DD, you should IB the projectiles to gain meter.

Also yea like Stensatsu and I said you should work on finishing your combos.

After reviewing the vids, some of the stuff I did became painfully obvious. Though, i'll keep the advice that Kiba, sten, and dusk in check. I greatly appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253D3H2KBE9Vfd4%2526sns%253Dfb&h=15dad&fbb=rdc640ddf&refid=0

Match from ranbats last month, bad match against a Tager player. Any critique would be nice but I think this may just make for a good visualization of how not to fight tager.

Trying to link vid from my phone hopefully it works.

http://www.youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253D3H2KBE9Vfd4%2526sns%253Dfb&h=15dad&fbb=rdc640ddf&refid=0

Match from ranbats last month, bad match against a Tager player. Any critique would be nice but I think this may just make for a good visualization of how not to fight tager.

Trying to link vid from my phone hopefully it works.

Would this happen to be the video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1HC5u_8qY8

I'd say watch your blockstrings. If A.X.I.S IB'd your strings that a free 360 for him. This is like the troll way to play against Tager but I think you you poke more with 5B to get your spacing right so you can set up unblockables. Btw, 360 beats 3c too.

Well this is generally the way I would play against a Tager. I hope it does help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_yjbsWMLB4&t=7m47s

Before I start and for better clarification, I would look up Kiba’s match write-up on Tager and the video he posted earlier.

Now to start…

-Put the distance between you and Tager, and don’t continue attacking if he’s blocking it or something’s wrong altogether. 5b it and backdash away from it.

-5b > 22D(maybe 6cc) is effective here. Trying counter assault can work too if your options are low.

-Also, 5bb>5cc>214a>(charged)22c and 5bb>5cc>22D>6cc>jc>jcc>j214d>2cc can miss if the guy doesn’t recover and punish you afterwards.

-At 4:54, 236236C after 6c would have been a possible option for spacing. Also, 236236C after a 2c(or skipping 2c) in 5bb>5cc>22D>6cc>jc>jcc>j214d>2cc would’ve fit.