Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

lk, how do you scope out someone's gameplan? whether this is the first time playing them or the 100th. how long does (or should) such a thing take in a live match? is there like a general template of what should be looked for? l feel pretty silly asking this because l do know the answers - or at least enough, anyway - but l can't seem to be able to explain it to myself, l just know, it seems, so l was looking for a more concrete answer. oh l meant to add this (this question, l don't know). when do you realize you're being controlled by the other player? if they've shaken you up mentally from their plan, to the point where you're convinced that the next action you do will get you killed (yes, even block) because you're foe is so in-tuned to you - what would you recommend? edit: damn ps3 deleting my neatly typed paragraphs -_-"

Edited by TD

You're not limited to practicing setups in videos

just run blockstring after blockstring after blockstring until you feel comfortable

It's awkward just doing gatlings in corner when you don't know when they get hit or if you just run out of gas and get grabbed or hit, but whatever. I'll try it in a bit. I don't really get anywhere after doing it.

It's awkward just doing gatlings in corner when you don't know when they get hit or if you just run out of gas and get grabbed or hit, but whatever. I'll try it in a bit. I don't really get anywhere after doing it.

It's just about being comfortable with the inputs so you don't flip out when you're put in the situation

People can combo like no one's business because it's in muscle memory; you can make blockstrings be like that, too. You do need to make sure you're changing blockstrings and not just doing the same thing over and over, but that can be practiced as well.

Honestly, just instilling all your gatling options in your head by doing them over and over is really useful if you're uncomfortable with your character's pressure options. Starting there wouldn't be a bad idea

6D:

6D(1) Blocked: 2a? I get hit.

6D(2) Blocked: 2a? I get hit.

6D: blocked: 2A? I get hit.

6D(1) Barrier Blocked: 2a? I get hit.

6D(2) Barrier Blocked: 2a? I get hit.

6D: Barrier blocked: 2A? I get hit.

Why did you tell me to 2A blocked 6D?

6D(1) instant Blocked: Block?

6D(2) instant Blocked: Block?

6D: instant blocked: Block?

also - I'm noticing I'm having trouble deciding what to do in corner while I'm trying to mix up, and it gets really awkward and I don't know what to do when staff is doing things. I end up kinda sitting there a lot or stuck standing there somehow. If you've played me you know what it looks like. I don't know what to do when things are different in corner. Then they juts block or grab me or reversal.

first - they cant do ANYTHING between hits of 6D

second if 6d(2) is barrier blocked and not ib'd, it is +4. on normal block (no ib), it's +3

so in those cases, only a reversal should beat your 2a

now, if your 6d is ib'd (a common scenario), then yes, the opponent has various options - you should note your opponent's habits and adjust accordingly

if youre comboing an opponent, you should be looking at their meter, health, and whatever else (special gauges, bursts, who they are actually playing) and decide what kind of knockdown > mixup you want then

pressure - cycle through a bunch of good options randomly, if you notice something working especially well abuse it while you can

lk, how do you scope out someone's gameplan? whether this is the first time playing them or the 100th. how long does (or should) such a thing take in a live match? is there like a general template of what should be looked for? l feel pretty silly asking this because l do know the answers - or at least enough, anyway - but l can't seem to be able to explain it to myself, l just know, it seems, so l was looking for a more concrete answer. oh l meant to add this (this question, l don't know). when do you realize you're being controlled by the other player? if they've shaken you up mentally from their plan, to the point where you're convinced that the next action you do will get you killed (yes, even block) because you're foe is so in-tuned to you - what would you recommend? edit: damn ps3 deleting my neatly typed paragraphs -_-"

well, coming from my stand point, i already know all the matchups. so, i see how they react to things i do, from the moment the first round starts. if you look at it like that, it should be rather easy to gauge not only the amount of matchup knowledge do they have, but from this information you can make vague guesses on how they will handle other situations

as for your 2nd question, it depends. you need a high level of mental fortitude to have the awareness to realize that you're getting caught up in the opponent's pace. this can mean different things to different people, but to me, it generally means playing outside of my element/playstyle

l see, that makes alot of sense. thanks

there are some matchups that i'm lacking in particular, like that accursed poltergeist hazama for instance, but l could use this info in the ones l know well.

I have had my 6D (2) [blocked] > 2A get jumped out before and possibly backdashed out as well.

Maybe that's me not mashing 2A quick enough, idk.

Jumping out is only possible on IB, you shouldn't be hitting buttons after 6D if it's been IB'd at all unless it's someone with a 7f 2A.

Edited by sG

No IB, I always block/airdash out after IB 6D.

I just must of not hit 2A right after 6D's recovery.

EDIT: So on Netplay, mashing Itsuu is a legit tactic apparently.

Edited by Kujikawa

first - they cant do ANYTHING between hits of 6D

second if 6d(2) is barrier blocked and not ib'd, it is +4. on normal block (no ib), it's +3

so in those cases, only a reversal should beat your 2a

now, if your 6d is ib'd (a common scenario), then yes, the opponent has various options - you should note your opponent's habits and adjust accordingly

I listed it that way because they can not get hit by first and run into second hit.

So - If blocked, 2a will hit. This is not what I have experienced. I always get outmashed. Netplay? Slow? I don't understand why I always try to 2A off a blocked 6D and never hit...

If IBed, then you lose a turn. Got it.

yah, that does happen, and usually when the first hit whiffs and the 2nd hit connects, people dont ib it, so its good for us

you really shouldnt lose as far as mashing in that situations

if they ib, that doesn't mean "your turn is over", instead it creates a RPS situation

the throw is used because if a throw (7f) and an attack come out on the same frame, the throw always wins

the throw is used because if a throw (7f) and an attack come out on the same frame, the throw always wins

wow, neat.....

anyway, how do you keep learning when u start winning?

if losing it's like "ouch, not gonna spam this move again/I should block upon his wakeup to bait DP/wrong burst, got reseted instead D= " it's pretty obvious to what to do

whilst upon winning,"should I spam that move again? what if it gets obvious?/this guy always does this shit that I can always beat with this normal LOL/his block string is wide open, gotta IB and aim for counter/etc" somehow it gets ambiguous, even more complicated, and sometimes, it leads to more defeats(somehow feeling cocky and then started losing orz, although last time I won till the end)

and against ragna, scrub guard point is just soooooooooo awesome :v or is it just my opponent whose being scrubby...

Abuse there weakness and when they start realizing how to counter it, do something else.

wow, neat.....

anyway, how do you keep learning when u start winning?

if losing it's like "ouch, not gonna spam this move again/I should block upon his wakeup to bait DP/wrong burst, got reseted instead D= " it's pretty obvious to what to do

whilst upon winning,"should I spam that move again? what if it gets obvious?/this guy always does this shit that I can always beat with this normal LOL/his block string is wide open, gotta IB and aim for counter/etc" somehow it gets ambiguous, even more complicated, and sometimes, it leads to more defeats(somehow feeling cocky and then started losing orz, although last time I won till the end)

and against ragna, scrub guard point is just soooooooooo awesome :v or is it just my opponent whose being scrubby...

winning and losing are both proactive

"how am i winning, how am i losing"

when youre winning with litchi, youre picking the right pokes, getting to kokushi and doing mixup often, identifying how they handle neutral and actively countering, identifying what situations the opponent tries to fight in, gives up, or rolls the die... all sorts of things

When I win, I think "Okay, he sandbagged and just chose not to block that round. I can't really count on him to behave the same way again."

Also, try not to think too much. You'll confuse yourself and end up losing games where you really believe you had the skill to claim victory.

I think that I think what you think when I think, because I think that I don't think enough when I play just like what you think.

:3

I think that I think what you think when I think, because I think that I don't think enough when I play just like what you think.

:3

sounds legit