Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mightfo

Dallas-Fort Worth Thread

by the way, a couple of people should bring PS3 copies of P4A/BB since i lost my P4A copy and yeti is borrowing my PS3 BB

Damn blast it! My ps3 just got the flashing red light. Anyone know someone who can fix it?

not entirely sure, he might be too packed with personal stuff, but try asking danadamkof?

Jet is hosting saturday, 3pm to whenever. PM him or me for the address/his number. PARK AGAINST THE FENCE. DO NOT PARK ANYWHERE ELSE OR YOU WILL PROBABLY GET TOWED.

Jet is hosting saturday, 3pm to whenever. PM him or me for the address/his number. PARK AGAINST THE FENCE. DO NOT PARK ANYWHERE ELSE OR YOU WILL PROBABLY GET TOWED OWNED.

I'll have my PS3 setup in my living room, 2 CRTs in my bedroom with no consoles, and room for 3 setups in my living room. Y'all know the drill.

Sunfish is hosting friday at 6pm. There will be GG, DB, and probably other games depending on who comes.

ALSO GG IS OUT ON PSN. $15. SEVERAL PEOPLE HERE WILL PLAY SERIOUSLY EVERY MEETUP. ERIC'S JOHNNY, MY AXL, SUNFISH'S VENOM, COOKIE'S I-NO, ETC. It is fun. Buy it. If I can do FRCs decently then you can too.

So I guess we will come by after bar fights

err whoops i meant friday not saturday

there wont be post-TBF stuff as far as i know

I expect everyone who is coming out on Friday to play GG at some point. If you don't, I will point you out and everyone will then laugh at you and judge you :D.

Fuck TBF for not including BB/GG either! Get hype for CP, game is looking really fun. Although the hit effects/tech sounds are going to drive me nuts, anyone else notice this?

I'm debating coming up early for the meetup and staying that evening, though I gotta talk it over with the wife and get her blessing to do so. Could somebody PM me Sunfish's address and parking information if there's any?

Fuck TBF for not including BB/GG either! Get hype for CP, game is looking really fun. Although the hit effects/tech sounds are going to drive me nuts, anyone else notice this?

I'm hype for BBCP, but what I'm not hype about is what you're saying. It was stated multiple times on the event facebook page by TBF staff (Jeff/Kent/John?) that if there was enough interest for BB, there would be a tournament. If you wanted to have a BB tourney, you should have said so on facebook because there were people asking about it! Also, I think someone may be bringing a GG station, but I'm not 100% sure. In the unlikely event I do happen to make it Friday, I'll bring my PS3 and monitor (PS3 should have Guilty Gear on it by then since I'm asking for fighting game stuff for Christmas this year).

ALSO GG IS OUT ON PSN. $15. SEVERAL PEOPLE HERE WILL PLAY SERIOUSLY EVERY MEETUP. ERIC'S JOHNNY, MY AXL, SUNFISH'S VENOM, COOKIE'S I-NO, ETC.

And my axe!

But seriously, game is fun if a lot more trying than others. I've got a decent start (with a lot of help, thanks again Jet) on Order Sol, but I'm looking around at the rest of the cast and I do want to try others like Millia and Slayer. Sticking to the lab for now.

IIt was stated multiple times on the event facebook page by TBF staff (Jeff/Kent/John?) that if there was enough interest for BB, there would be a tournament. If you wanted to have a BB tourney, you should have said so on facebook because there were people asking about it!

Except he did say so and voted in the poll even though not many people here look at the event pages on facebook or use FB that much. And BB has been getting more players than MK9 at tourneys for the last 2-3 tourneys IIRC, but MK got included. They just have really limited space and favored MK9 because of perfectlegend and co, it is what it is. Dont blame Sunfish and lecture him for being inactive, he's gone to each tourney and its not our job to all rush to facebook to vote in polls or whatever as if polls meant more than player numbers.

And my axe!

But seriously, game is fun if a lot more trying than others. I've got a decent start (with a lot of help, thanks again Jet) on Order Sol, but I'm looking around at the rest of the cast and I do want to try others like Millia and Slayer. Sticking to the lab for now.

If you can learn Millia's oki setups and do them reliably then play her and in neutral just focus on movement and throwing her pin i guess, lol. Order sol has good reward on things but you need good execution i think for his really nasty damage, but he has very good pressure so you can stay on top, so if you like his neutral(dat low jump) and stuff then play him. If you can do slayer's links and get mileage on his combos and like his neutral then obviously slayer is a good choice.

Although the hit effects/tech sounds are going to drive me nuts, anyone else notice this?

Hit effects bothered me on day one of watching footage but i got used to them, but im mightfo. I didnt even notice tech sounds until people pointed them out.

This saturday will be my last tournament I will ever be playing in, as I'm stepping away from the competitive side of the FGC. I won't be able to make it up for the meetup but I have been grateful to have known some of you for the past year. All of you are indeed awesome, no matter how much we disagree on anything. Some of you should make the trek out here sometime to one of our campus game nights.

You can always come back after you finish taking care of your business :)

BTW are you guys ok with some other any players like MK coming by for this upcoming meetup?

We'll be ok with it, so looks like we'll have a few MK players friday as well as 10-12 people according to sunfish.

Meetup will end at midnight due to towing concerns.

Hype as hell for GG/BB/DB.

I hope I get to see you again O'Hara! Take it easy.

So about that Guilty Gear setup :<

At TBF you mean? :( Sorry, there's not really room at TBF so.. :/ We will definitely have at least a shitload of casuals at UCC, and if +R is out we'll probably have a side tourney if we cant get them to have an official tourney.

Yo, that Bang Install Daifunka! What am I supposed to do with all of these erections?!

I expect everyone who is coming out on Friday to play GG at some point. If you don't, I will point you out and everyone will then laugh at you and judge you :D.

TBF isn't a major. It takes a lot of resources to juggle a bunch of smaller games. There are a ton of fighting games out, and only most popular games of each subgenre (Capcom Ground Fighter/Capcom Seizure Fighter/Namco Fighter/Anime Fighter/Other) are going to show up at the average tournament. Jeff and Kent try their hardest to squeeze as many games as possible into these events. As somebody who loves KoFXIII, I'm grateful for every tournament that it shows up, and I'm not going to be offended when it inevitably gets pulled. It's just what happens in a crowded genre.

So, there's a meetup Saturday other than Bar Fights? I'd love to swing by for a couple hours once I'm done at the BF venue and playing some guilty gear.

Also, if there is one, can someone PM me the information (address, etc etc) so I can swing by a little after 6?

awesome meetup

shoutouts to making sunfish salty about axl with those winstreaks

shoutouts to daemon bride 4 MAN TOURNAMENT but seriously that game seems pretty fun

shoutouts to makoto vs tager for being ick

shoutouts to DAT CAKE

shoutouts to PFHOR SENPAI'S!! birthday

shoutouts to ruining gender boundaries

shoutouts to THE GODLIKE $50 COUCH OF KINGS

shoutouts to wakka=mr dink

shoutouts to burst punishes

shoutouts to little cups half-full of water

shoutouts to the horrific turkey bell roaming the apartments

shoutouts to mitsuru's goddamn j.a

shoutouts to breadface's cool dyed hair

shoutouts to amazing trades

shoutouts to everyone for being cool, it was a fun meetup~

i dunno if i can do anything the next two weeks. we'll find out close to the actual meetup days. see ya'll whenever~~