Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

Eddie in Accent Core: A Comprehensive Guide

Vs a blue burst: If grounded, you can do a Damned Fang from in close (IB helps here), or dashing 5P j.K-H-D, corner j.D. While in the air, depending on how high/close you were, from closest to farthest: you can land and do a 5P j.K-H-D corner j.D, or simply just land and throw a meaty attack which they can block into pressure, or just summon on top of them. Vs blocked gold burst: Similar to the 'unpunishable blue burst' situation, just throw a meaty or summon directly onto them. It is possible to Damned Fang a gold burst on landing as well, but the timing is extremely tight and I'm not sure if you can do it without a convoluted setup like IB chickenguard (jump into the burst) into landing DF.

If I remember correctly, you can also 2P, 2D or just 2D a blue burst's ground recovery into triple UB. The timing is rather tight though.

What determines whether the second hit of j.41236S (SG in air) hits or not? I can one hit everyone in the corner but CH nobiru or some other midscreen setups i can't seem to get ppl to that sweet spot. Any hints?

What determines whether the second hit of j.41236S (SG in air) hits or not? I can one hit everyone in the corner but CH nobiru or some other midscreen setups i can't seem to get ppl to that sweet spot. Any hints?

You have to use proper judgement. My belief is that if they were too low in the start, second hit almost always hit. If they were a bit higher the second hit will whiff. And also character hitboxes etc., but the way I do it as low as possible to the ground I second hit everyone so far (HOS prime example, Ogawa didn't FRC). Also factoring in that video was that he CH order sol while he was high in the air, while your CH might be off ground.

I also believe Ogawa instead of just doing 41236S, he does 41236, then leaves S so nobiru hits slightly late, allowing the character to be raised a bit resulting in a One-Hit nobiru. I could be wrong but this is what I think after looking at Kaqn kill combo (poor Kaqn he's a great player but every movie i've seen him in he gets owned big).

Seems like it has to do with their momentum and which way they are traveling. When they are in the corner something will bounce them off the wall back towards you, while midscreen they are flying away. Also sometime when they are in the corner you get pushed back if they are on the wall. Guess I'll keep practicing but it just seems there should be a spot where 1 hits could occur on chars that need an FRC midscreen. Been spending a lot of time on this shiz lately... Also.. when I jump cancel my 6P in CH nobiru combo i jump forward. Should I be jumping straight up or is that okay? PS: Last tourney I got this CH nobiru to an instant kill in the puddle. Daaaaaaaaaamn shit felt too good.

Seems like it has to do with their momentum and which way they are traveling. When they are in the corner something will bounce them off the wall back towards you, while midscreen they are flying away. Also sometime when they are in the corner you get pushed back if they are on the wall. Guess I'll keep practicing but it just seems there should be a spot where 1 hits could occur on chars that need an FRC midscreen. Been spending a lot of time on this shiz lately...

Also.. when I jump cancel my 6P in CH nobiru combo i jump forward. Should I be jumping straight up or is that okay?

PS: Last tourney I got this CH nobiru to an instant kill in the puddle. Daaaaaaaaaamn shit felt too good.

I believe it should be only forward since if it's straight up the opponent will keep moving to the right and some of your hits will eventaully whiff, while if you jump forward you move with your opponent.

I need tips on my eddie. My whole game revolved around summoning mawaru on block then applying the mixups, but now my opponents are jumping out before I can hit em with it. Help?

5H (2hit), summon mawaru is a decent on block summon. If u see them trying to react and poke little Eddie right when he comes out, let the 3rd hit of 5H get them and either stagger them with a CH or u can combo it into a drill for knockdown depending on spacing. So it might go something like fly in j.s, j.h, 2p, 5h(2), 236k. I used to use 2k since it's +3 but ppl react to that shit anyway. Still has its uses though sometimes. If you are having trouble with Mawaru on wakeup remember people will probably be able to get out of it with a backdash or 1f jump depending on spacing. Also, it could be that you aren't actually meaty as I know sometimes I mess up the timing and ppl can get out easycake. Tag em with a meaty Nobiru instead and then do ur first mixup and bring em back with Mawaru after that. Hope this helps.

not having trouble with the wakeup. I think I nearly blew my brains when they jumped out of my 2P-5H(2hit). They never try to poke mini eddie, they just jump away, then try to use far-range attacks like projectiles to harm him. I think my problem is I need to knockdown more then wakeup UB or mawaru, but this has me bust, since my game revolved around summoning on block.

Yea UBs are totally a crux of Eddie's game. If they are getting out of summon mawaru, try tagging them with a summon nobiru instead. Be ready for them to jump out and when they get hit air combo them. They should stop jumping as long as you can do a decent chunk with your combo and don't get predictable. EDIT: I don't really use the -P- attack so I don't know the frame data, but in theory you might be able to use that to hit them in the startup frames of their jump. This could keep them on the ground and allow for a wakeup unblockable. Again, not sure on this one though.

I need tips on my eddie. My whole game revolved around summoning mawaru on block then applying the mixups, but now my opponents are jumping out before I can hit em with it. Help?

Summon with Nobiru. -H- Summon slight delay - Nobiru.

Alright had variable success with a changed eddie style. When I got a knockdown things ended in rape, as well as trapping with nobiru, but are there more ways to get a knockdown than just a low? The main one I use is 2P-2D and 5K-5S©-2D.

2P isn't low. 6K and 5D are your only grounded high options, so KD from a high without lil Eddie is limited to tension and impossible dusts. (This is getting out of my league tho so someone else might be able to chime in.

Can anyone hook me up with some midscreen dust combos? Or link me to a vid? Is the 5d j.d j.d j.41236s frc corner only? I totally suck ass at timing it.

Just wanted to throw a thank you out for the guide. I pretty much learned the entire basics of Eddie (though still shoddy) through reading this alone. That and Ogawa and Hellmonkey :psyduck:

Ahhhhhh nice thanks man.. I'll try it out. I always 5D, j.FD, j.D without the j.h so I'll try it out and see if it helps make it knockdown easier. Seems like there's a lot of time to vary the j.D timing that they can tech. Will try thanks again.

Can anyone help me with SG loop? I do ed k,k,s,2d,4(to move eddie),ed k,214k,41236s...but i can't do it to some chracters. Does this loop have any specifics?

Can anyone help me with SG loop? I do ed k,k,s,2d,4(to move eddie),ed k,214k,41236s...but i can't do it to some chracters. Does this loop have any specifics?

k,k?? I don't think Kick links into itself? and 4 to move eddie? your moving him back, why?

would it hurt to elaborate a little?:psyduck:

in general Counter hit: Nobiru, shieldFRC, and 2H all lead to to SG loop, and it can be done in mawaru strings too. far drill frc

i've wrritten EDDIE K not just k EDDiE K. It means eddie do this hit when i let go K button. I move eddie back because in that way i have bigger probability to hit oponent wiht my SG from 214k(i mean 214k,41236s). In other wise my SG doesn't hit the oponent because he is too high(vs Ma,Br..). I easily can do just ed k,214k,41236s,ed k,sg loop but i cant do 2d,ed k,sg loop. Is it possible to do this? P.S i play on joystick)

Learn to write the notations so people can understand what you're typing. Button release (shadow does the move) -P-, -K-, -S-, -H-, -D-. Button held down (Big Eddie does normal, shadow stays at neutral) (P), (K), (S), (H) , (D) So a simple combo should be written down as. -K-, 6K, 214(S), -K-, 6P(x2), 5(S), -K-, 6P(x1), 5S, 2(D), 6, -H-. It is possible to do SG loop after a 2D, but it's not worth it. You should always go for puddle since you get more stun(6Px3) or Meter (214Sx3). SG loop is good in the corner, since you'll get more reps and still end it with puddle. After 2H or -S- counter hit, though after 2H -K- j.S, j.H, -S-, SG, -h- is better in most cases, since it'll more than likely lead to dizzy in puddle.

When i chose guard all i can't break opponent's guard neither js + -hs- nor 22d + -d- .This mean that i'm doing something wrong or guard all really guard all)?

Guard -> All actually does just that, in AC: it guards everything that is possible to guard, perfectly, every time. This includes 'unblockables' like Eddie's (or Anji's) that hit low on one frame then high on the next, or vice versa. Since it is possible to actually guard these properly with 1F timing, that's exactly what Guard -> All does.

Sign in to follow this