Sign in to follow this  
Koozebanian Fazoob

Accent Core Players Guide

http://www.dustloop.com/guides/ggac/

Revived from the ashes of the old GGXX players' guide, here's a revamped Accent Core Guide for all of you new and learning players out there. New players should definitely read over the whole thing, it will answer a lot of your questions about the game.

Do note that it's not entirely finished at this point. The 301 section is pretty lacking at this point. Please feel free to point out errors and typos, and make suggestions.

Also if anyone has any of the Chart data for Robo Ky, ABA, and HOS, I could use those numbers to fill in the 201 section.

Edited by rtl42
link was outdated

Conventions and Notations - Header in Title bar is labelled "Guilty Gear 101" should be "Guilty Gear 100" - Intro box: "the" is repeated in the first sentence - Abbreviations box: FD can be held with other two button combinations not involving the dust button and the S+HS combination - Abbreviations box: we want to keep calling these "False" roman cancels? - Reading the analysis box: in Tension Gauge (TG), "whiff" is mispelled Terms and Definitions - Intro box: you want to make "guilty gear" a proper noun? :eng101: - Technical box: in Frames, "measurement" is mispelled I'll read more when I have time.

In terms and definitions, zoning and keepaway aren't separated like they should be. Aksys should definitely be one of the english links. The frame data pages should be linked also, somewhere easy to spot, like the top of the main page. Looks pretty good so far.

We should stick with Force Roman Cancel, like in the manual.

We might also want to remove stuff about Kliff and Justice.

Contrary to popular belief, CH's to not inflict additional damage.

change to do

To struggle out of a stagger, shake the joystick and rapidly press the buttons.

buttons do nothing, right

Made those fixes. Zoning and Keepaway I stuck together because I couldn't really think of enough of a practical difference there to warrant a separate definition. Any 'False Roman Cancel' should be 'Force Roman Cancel' but I'm certain I didn't catch them all. Justice and Kliff data is just placeholders for where HOS and ABA will go once I have their info.

Justice and Kliff data is just placeholders for where HOS and ABA will go once I have their info.

What about Justice popping up in the dashing and jumping sections?

Guarding

- For uniformity purposes, add the "(IB)" abbreviation in the Instant Block box title

- In Dead Angle Attack box "character's" is missing the apostrophe in the first paragraph :I:

Attacking

- In Dust Attack box, the color "red" is used twice to describe the change in background color in second paragraph. Must be changed to "blue"

- In Taunts and Respects box, "Rakusyo" is mispelled.

Throws

- In Throws box, after "-Frame Info-" does the 6 frame/5 frame buffer not become effective after leaving hit/guard stun? If so, "from when they were struck" should be "from when they left hit/guard stun"

- In Throw Breaks box, "You CANNOT break air throws while you are recovering from a move, so unsafe air attacks are still unsafe." This does not apply to ground throws, either? :psyduck:

Tension Attacks

- In Force Breaks box, add abbreviation "(FB)" in box title, for uniformity

- In Instant Kill box, first paragraph, third sentence ""The timer length is based upon how much Tension you has stored." "has" must be changed to "had" or "have"

Teching

- Link to this page from http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/index.html is spelled "Techings" change to "Teching"

- In Tech (Ukemi) box, first paragraph, "character" is misspelled

- In Tech (Ukemi) box, third paragraph, option to tech neutral should be noted

- In Tech (Ukemi) box, fourth paragraph, "Keep in mind that you must wait for the tech to completely before before your character can do anything." Change to "...tech to complete before your character..."

Good job. This site has always been an amazing resource for learning the basics of GG. I have / will be linking it in my guides, as well.

Guilty Gear 201 Fixes

Guts Rating Chart:

Eddie: 1 -> 0 (changed in Slash)

Baiken: 4 -> 5 (changed in #R?)

Bridget: 1 -> 0 (changed in Slash)

Add: Robo-Ky: 0

Add: A.B.A: 0

Add: Order-Sol: 2

Defense Modifier Chart:

Venom: x 1.00 -> x 1.06 (changed in AC)

Dizzy: x 1.06 -> x 1.15 (changed in Slash)

I-No: x 1.00 -> x 1.06 (changed in #R)

Robo-Ky: x 1.07 -> x 0.89

Add: A.B.A: x 0.89

Add: Order-Sol: x 0.96

Gravity:

Bridget: 1.05 -> 1.10 (the former was never correct)

Add: Robo-Ky: 0.95

Add: A.B.A: 0.98

Add: Order-Sol: 0.98

Jumping Data:

Unless it has already been updated I know this is off by alot, since jump times were altered for a good chunk of the cast in #R. Fairly sure that Robo-Ky is 7, not sure about Hoss/A.B.A.

Bear Stun Resistance Chart:

Eddie: 65 -> 60 (changed in Slash)

I-No: 60 -> 55 (changed in Slash?)

Bridget: 60 -> 55 (changed in Slash?)

Add: Robo-Ky: 80

Add: A.B.A: 80

Add: Order-Sol: 60

Also, you may want to add the Bear Stun Resistance Chart into the "Charts Only" section, like you did with the others (it currently resides in the 'Dizzys' section). Maybe add a "Throw Range" chart as well, since that's also useful to see in a comparison table.

Not everyone - I recall that faster characters like Chipp/Millia/May and a couple other random ones did not (Sol as well, I think). The updated chart that I saw awhile back ended up looking like a third of the chars still had jump startup of 3, while the rest were 4 and above. And yeah, this info is from the AC system data page. Some stuff isn't in there though, like the Rising from Ground and Jump Startup tables. The 'Charts Only' page still has its uses: I prefer the direct side-by-side comparisons (w/explanation) to the giant columns of the Systems Data page, makes things much easier to read and understand.

add aksysgames.com to the links site, as well as the official guiltygearx.com and arcsystem works site, as well as remove sammy usa.

link section:

Corporate sites

DEAD Sammy Studios (coming soon!)

DEAD Sammy Zone

DEAD Sammy Europe Limited (UK)

DEAD yua homepage (movies)

DEAD yukinose homepage (movies, strategy)

DEAD deepsnow homepage (movies)

DEAD movie page (dunno whos page!?)

buttons do nothing, right
I'm not really sure about this. I seem to be able to get out of stagger faster when i wiggle AND mash buttons, but I guess I can test that out further...

Aye...... very very useful. Learned a few things there. Thanks a bunch for this, you have no idea how many noobs wished there was something as easily accessible as this around the boards.

was screwing around with slayer today trying to figure out exactly who he can or can't kill with full tension; searched the blagoweb for a few minutes before realizing that nobody actually has a damage modifier chart updated for AC. for example, under damage scaling in guilty gear 201 (intermediate) on the AC player's guide, not only are AB and OS(0.89 and 0.96 respectively) missing, but some of the numbers are wrong too (I spotted robo-ky at 1.07 instead of the 0.89 he should be at). I'm sure there are other errors sprinkled around the guide that people may or may not have updated for AC, so I guess somebody should look into that? I nominate Teyah for the task; he clearly has nothing better to do up in the frozen north :psyduck:

HI I'M CANADIAN, AND I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO

So I was halfway through the 201 changes by memory when I realized that it would probably be faster to just check the AC system data page. Caught a couple things I didn't know about, like Venom's new lower defense and Baiken's increased guts. Don't recall seeing those ones posted at all, before this chart.

Okay it's all uploaded, so all fixed mentioned should be good now. Next up is adding in some more new stuff. I can't really think of any more 301 topics other than maybe Normal Jump Cancel which generally isn't useful at all. Also if anyone has a list of all of the unlockables and how to get them that would be good for the Secrets section.

You can't be serious with that^^ (didn't I even write you an PM with that stuff 2 weeks ago?): Well, here's what I think should be added: - Faultless Defence Cancel (FDC) - Slash Back Cancel (SBC) - 1-Frame Jump - Kara SlashBack - Burst Cancel - Super Freeze Projectile Unblockable (or whatever it is called) - Crossups (well at least you have to find a place to tell that there is a short period in which attacks can be blocked both ways after a character crosses you up (maybe just a simple entry in the terms section?) Btw.: - Pseudo Jump Install should be called Tiger Knee / TK.. that's the only expression I've seen used in this forum. Since People would look for that term if they want to find out what the Axl or Baiken or Johnny players are talking about you should go with that name^^. Maybe it would even help to cover the other methods to get moves (especially 623 moves) low to the ground and give it its own section^^. - and as I don't believe anymore it would be worth an own entry you could add "negative edge" to the term section under 100^^

Nobody has ever sent me a list of unlockables so no. FDC is kind of a nebulous thing because it has so many different names. 1-Frame Jump, Dash Break, Option Select (#R style)... pretty sure Burst Cancel is a form of it too. Burst Cancel is pretty much a Jam only thing these days isn't it? Not really worth sticking in the general guide unless as a side note.

Sign in to follow this