Sign in to follow this  
Koozebanian Fazoob

Accent Core Players Guide

Sorry, wasn’t referring to unlockables but to 301 stuff :(. FDC is usually referred to speaking of FDC Drops like with Faust / May / Chipp. I guess its about trajectory change. Name it FDC-Drop if that helps the nomenclature. SBC-Drop is basically the same, but SB can be used to cancel a forward air dash what FD can’t. So nebulous or not it is something that needs to be in^^. Burst cancel works as well from clashes (not only from parry) but I agree that it is nothing too important to cover (but would be nice for completeness).

shoto, did you post your faq yet? is it fully translated? if so, maybe it should get linked on the info page or something. or get its own sticky.

I might make a category for random tricks/glitches or something later for the stuff that's not really important enough to have it's own category, like Burst Cancel from Clashes and NJC and that stuff. FDC definitely is going to get it's own category.

Tension Gauge - In Tension Pulse box, first sentence, "whiff" is mispelled - In Tension Pulse box, first sentence, "frame data" is two words - In Tension Pulse box, second paragraph, "heartbeat" is mispelled - In Tension Pulse box, last paragraph, "possible" is mispelled - In Negative Penalty box, in box title, do we use "NP"? Remove for uniformity, but keep if that abbreviation is actually used RC & FRC - In header in title bar, replace "False" with "Force" - In Intro box, remove "wise" - In Roman Cancel box, "...is one of GG series most innovative..." replace with "...is one of the GG series' most innovative..." Burst - In Description box, "thought" is mispelled - In Building Burst box, last paragraph, "...overlook is the fact that is still damage scaling..." change to "...overlook is the fact that there is still damage scaling..." Combo System - In Beat box, first paragraph, "combo meter" is two words - In Beat box, is the Beat counter is "blue" not "green" - In Gatling Combination, first paragraph, first sentence, "has" is omitted - In Gatling Combination, last sentence, "character's" is mispelled - In Jump Cancels box, first sentence, "cancelled" is mispelled - In Jump Cancels box, last sentence, "whiff" is mispelled - In Off the Ground box, last sentence, "Testament's" is mispelled - In Gravity box, there is no explanation of the Character Weight chart (what all the numbers mean) - In Gravity box, the paragraph is centered, not left aligned. Possibly due to the table? Damage Scaling - In Understanding Damage Scaling box, first paragraph, last sentence, "be" is omitted after "...your attacks will..." - In Understanding Damage Scaling box, second paragraph, last sentence, remove "and it" - In Guard Gauge box, first sentence, "character's" is mispelled - In Guard Gauge box, last paragraph is centered, not left aligned - In Character Defense box, both paragraphs are centered, not left aligned Dizzy - "Dizzy" or "Dizzies" is mispelled in the index page, in the links table above each section 201 article, and in the header placed in the title bar of this article - In Bear Stun box, first paragraph, third sentence, "character's" is mispelled - In Bear Stun box, Example 1 header, and in first paragraph of the example, "Potemkin's" is mispelled twice - In Bear Stun box, Example 2 header, and in last paragraph, "Johnny's" and "Chipp's" are mispelled - In Bear Stun box, last paragraph, last sentence, "opponent's" is mispelled Attack Effects - In Counter Hits box, last paragraph, "floor bounce" are two words - In Staggers box, last sentence, "counter hit" are two words - In Clashes box, first sentence, "each other" are two words - In Clashes box, second paragraph, first sentence, "moves'" is mispelled - In Clashes box, second paragraph, first sentence, "each other" are two words - In Floats box, "time" is omitted after "...abnormal amount of air untechable..." - In Wall Bounce/Floor Bounce box, are we keeping these "bounces" one word? - In Wall Stick box, more wall stick/bounce one/two word madness :v: - In Floor Slide box, last sentence, "the fact" are two words - In Forced Air FD Box, "regardless" is mispelled (mispelled as "reguardless" in a section about blocking, haha) Defensive Properties/Effects - Header for this article is labelled "Defensive Properties" in title bar. Change to "Effects" or change "Effects" in link to the article in the index and in the table of links above this and all articles in section 201 to "Properties" - In Invincibility box, first sentence, "moves" is mispelled - In Throw Invincibility box, first paragraph, "therefore" is mispelled - In Low Profile/Stance box, first paragraph, "move's" is mispelled - In Super Armor box, "Hammerfall" is mispelled (shame on you G.Blood! :I:) - In Guard Point box, last paragraph, "cancelled" is mispelled - In Guard Cancel box, "pressure" is mispelled - In Counter Hit State box, "counter hit" is two words, error made in box title, twice in first paragraph, once in second paragraph Hit Stun - In Hit Pause box, second paragraph, first sentence, "hit pause" are two words Charts Only - In Bear Stun box, remove the "=" - In Hit Pause box, second paragraph "hit pause" are two words - In Rising from Ground box, in the table header "face-down" is mispelled Man, I am such a Nazi.

In 101: Attacking, Sweeps. You say everyone uses 2D to sweep, which isn't true. Robo-Ky uses 2S. Also, is testament's 6P an anti air? I thought it was just an overhead In IAD: you mention Jam's infinite, but I'm pretty sure they removed that in AC.

is dash braking (breaking?) really a form of FDCing? aren't you just FDing for a very short period of time (whereas FDCing implies you're cancelling the start-up of something)?

So I was playing around with option selecting throws with other moves. I realized that the old method of 6+H(normal) input on the same frame still works because other moves still take priority over HS and you still get a throw attempt (although obviously you can't cancel into FD anymore), on the ground and in the air, as well as HS+2D on the ground, as a 2D takes priority of HS(I noticed that OS'ing normals and throws was in the guide- but had not read when I was messing around, although after reading it seems to be outdated and not complete), but also that HS can be cancelled into specials during the first couple frames. I'm not sure how well known this is, but it seems like it should at least be included in the guide, as it does have some really useful applications. Anyone that has a special with a button that isn't HS, and doesn't have a special using the HS button with the same joystick input that the non-HS special has can simply cancel their 6HS or 4HS into the special immediately after getting a throw attempt in the air or on the ground. Also the slashback cancelling portion needs to include cancelling slashback into FD and back into slashback for faster slashbacks. (by holding one of the buttons to slashback along with P or K, and then tapping the third button to slashback)

You should also include in the iad section that you can do the first forward of your dash before leaving the ground along with any jump and then forward again to complete the air dash, so 6756, and 6856 both work as well as just 956, some things like Baiken's iad tatami are much easier to get the lowest iad possible using this method because it ends in a forward motion so after buffering the 236 for the mat, 676 can feel more fluid.

Since you cannot throw during a dash or run, you would normally have to wait until the dash slide recovery is finished in order to grab the opponent.

This is incorrect, you can cancel your dash-stop slide into a throw -_-

Really nice, good job ! It will indeed help newcomers getting into Guilty Gear. Some little additions about Impossible Dust. Double Jump and moves bringing to the ground aren't the only common ways. It is possible to perform ID using : - homing Jump immediately followed by FD Same as double jump, gravity makes you land faster. For instance : With JO, 5D, homing jump immediatley FD then j.D. With PO, 5D, jump FD, j.HS - IAD then a hit Chipp doing it with 5D, IAD, j.K Johnny and Testament with 5D, IAD, j.D Only 100% sure for JO, the others were performed by my opponents so maybe it is incorrect. There are also gimmicky ones such as performing a TK move or a specific combo (j.S > YZS for Baiken) but they are character specific.

I would assume they are vulnerable as soon as the active frames end. But maybe we don't want to assume?

Sign in to follow this