Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElvenShadow

ElvenShadow's Japan blog

Congrats

But if you lose in the block finals, do you have to start the qualifying process all over again?

unfortunately yes. Thats how it always works, and this year since there are only 16 spots, the block finals are harder because there are more teams. Its all good, were gonna fight hard for that shit.

Thanks everyone for the props. It aint over yet but its a start

btw, I didnt put it in my blog but the winners of the Saturday B1 gunma tournament was Mitsurugi's team, and the winners of the prelim on Sunday at Omiya game Garage was FAB's team. Mitsurugi's team won the B1 block finals and has qualified for the final SBO tournament.

Their pictures are up on the front page at Tougeki.com

mine still isnt up there yet

Congrats man! Man MK didn't win a single match? That's so surprising since he's one of the best JOs around...did he at least take a round? Anyway, best of luck to you, MK and Isa!

Oh of course he took rounds. He came close to winning a few but he just didnt beat anyone. He will do better next time im sure. Hes a great player.

Good luck with the Block Finals man. Having to win in a 7 team tournament is infinitely harder, and you probably wont be able to play round robin :/ Either way epic read, and you know we're all pulling for you.

I've never been super impressed with MK, but the fact that him and Isa would approach you to be on their team is nutz, totally a statement that you have made it in the GG scene.

yea im not sure exactly how the block finals format will work cuz 7 teams round robin would take quite a while but we will just have to wait and see.

At least youll get to come watch!

Wow, I pulled up the Tougeki.com site to check GG and BB results, and was greeted with your pic! Grats and good luck in the block finals!

Blog updated

This one took a long time to type and I put a lot of detail about the teams and stuff that went down at the 2 quals this past weekend so I hope everyone reads it. It should be a good read.

Also, feedback and comments are always welcome

Dude, Karun is a walking gimmick. I can't recall off the top of my head if he's ever even been to SBO yet, so I wouldn't let something you heard out of context get to you like that. He might not even have known it was you specifically. Either way, his bad for putting down a fellow gg player. I just don't want to see nerves get to you like they did at Evo and have you beating your self up over that. We talked a little bit about this before, and even if Karun really is a douche, Isa being friends with him doesn't flat out mean he shares Karun's opinion of you, so don't put thoughts in his head.

Great read though, saltiness aside :yaaay: I found the stalker chick bits to be particularly funny. Hope your ulcer gets better soon!

edit: Karun was in last years sbo:vbang:

Well of course he knew it was me, we could see each other cuz it was the cabs that are at the end of a row so you can see around to the other side, espessially since he was talking to Ka2 who was sitting on the bench right back there.

And yea, he was in SBO last year. Like I said, I dont give a shit, im not gonna let it bug me anymore.

Yea though, the stalker chick was funny in retrospect but I hope she doesnt show up again next week >_<

Didn't you team up with Karun before? I dunno I searched his name on youtube and saw you guys on some 2v2 lol...

lol today's chapter kinda feels like its out of a manga

you have a creepy fangirl and some drama going on there

just stay focused and keep your cool

what would be epic is if you end up giving karun what he deserves

good luck

Yes, I did team up with Karun before a loooong time ago. It was like pretty much the very first tournament I ever entered in Japan. It was at Game Chariot and it was a 2 on 2. I had no teammate and I guess he didnt either so we got randomly paired together. Thats where those really old videos are from of me beating ABEGEN and Kishitaka and then we lose to Nanashi/FAB. I played really well in the first one and pretty lousy in the match vs Nanashi. Anyway, that was a long time ago and im sure Karun would NEVER team with me on purpose lol.

In any case, he hasnt even qualified for this block. Part of me doesnt want him to out of spite, and part of me wants him to in hopes we beat him in the tournament. In any case, like I said, it doesnt matter, im just gonna play and do my thing.

And for the fangirl, it might feel good if she was actually hot and interesting but shes just reeealllly CREEPY for real!

Go kick some ass and become the first American to advance past first round :yaaay:

so I just noticed that they uploaded the G3 5 on 5.

The following videos feature me playing and you can also see me standing there before the match starts

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10618196 (this was the finals, I start playing after 012 at about 8:50)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10617312 (this is the one where I beat 4 people in a row, but unfortunately it only gets the match I win vs Kishitaka and its recorded with video camera instead of the direct feed. it starts pretty soon after the vid starts.  then you can see the start of me vs osaka b but they cut it off during the first round, you can also see sam, emmet, and my brother watching in the background lol)

im posting this from a manga kissa. stupid ulcer... I wanna drink beer.