Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CS1-CSE] Makoto Nanaya Critique and Self-Improvement Thread

@Blubba_Pinecone:

@6:50 > if i get my memory correct, on that position u can get throw>5d>66>2c>2d>...

Nah I dont think that would have worked. But dash 5b>6a>2d would have worked. Or even possibly dash 6a>5d

But yeah BBS wasnt enough. You could have killed him with the above combo route which would have ended in BBS. But we cant blame you if you don't know all her possible options.

And to upate on what excelence said. If they burst during a lv3 drive. RC it an block!! And you wont be blown away. Then you can go for another round of a massive damage combo making them regret wasting a burst!:kitty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8a_6Az7N6Y

Losers finals of the the tournament we had Saturday. LK commentating

15:00 ... wtf? :lol:

and i'm curious @17:00 ... what combos're u trying?... and that setup remind me with my last saturday match ... that damned throw combos need more than 10 second to finish ... lost by time up while i can kill my opponent if i can finish that combos :vbang:

You did really well when it came to blocking and adapting, outside of the lack of corner carry combos (use them!!!) and the tails at those not so safe times.

When trying to jump in on Litchi, attempt to attack with the second part of j.CC to attack so Litchi can't crouch and counter attack with 2A.

You really don't have to try for the lighting arrow loop off of 2A, just go for CS2 styled 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 236A~D etc.

4:25 you got exposed for trying to IB 2A though to be honest there is nothing you can do there since right after he can use that special low which will low profile 2A and combo into the in coming stick or at least made safe cause of it.

Nice pick up at 6:50, I sad faced at the dropped double BBS since it seems to be classic for showing up right when a Makoto is going for the kill. .-.

Either way I'm not too worry since you seems to doing the same thing with BB as me which is not playing it for Marvel atm. lol

Winner's Finals: Vs LK

Asides from dropped combos and overall sloppiness(I blame MvC3 and the CRT @_@), I notice that I cannot deal with Daisharin at all and I need a legit answer to his backdash. I also need to try using J.A>j.C or preemptive J.CC as a jumpin to beat his 2A anti air. Should also start using the 5B>6C corner carry thingy for those max range hits when I cannot go for gimmicks with 214A~C resets. I should also do more IB>chicken block instead of IB>2A against Litchi. Should have used more wake up PF to hit that low profiling 2B, and more OS parry when I saw her jumping in/crossing up.

LK seems to know this match up really well U_U

Ive been playing Makoto a while now and it goes so-so against people at the same skill level as myself, but Ive yet to learn good Makoto pressure. I use 2A and the tail alot since they are both good moves if im not mistaken, and sometimes I throw in an asteroid vision to go for a grab or a low. But most of the time people use their DP´s as soon as they see asteroid vison or grab me, most times I get hit.

Any tips on how to get better at pressuring with Makoto?

New posts. I figure i post some match videos, the other ones are too long so i'll just post these. Haven't been practicing too much as of late so a bit sloppy, lol.

VS: Valkenhayn

VS: Platinum

Expect me to start posting matches of my scrubby Makoto soon, I made a promise to a friend that I would learn her.

Ive been playing Makoto a while now and it goes so-so against people at the same skill level as myself, but Ive yet to learn good Makoto pressure. I use 2A and the tail alot since they are both good moves if im not mistaken, and sometimes I throw in an asteroid vision to go for a grab or a low. But most of the time people use their DP´s as soon as they see asteroid vison or grab me, most times I get hit.

Any tips on how to get better at pressuring with Makoto?

Be a bit more liberal about your usage of j.2C. A good opponent can see it coming and air instant block it make it difficult for your to do anything when you land. The higher in the air you are when you squirrel tail, the easier it is to see and punish.

The general thing to do if you think someone is mashing on DP to get out of your pressure is to just bait it out. Try just stopping your blockstring and blocking to see if they're really mashing. If they're DP'ing on reaction to Asteroid Vision then just stop doing it so much.

v Bang

5:01 -> try 661C ... dropped 3c starter combos makes me sad

6:30 -> should op for the kill j.d > 5b > 6a > BBS > PF

9:50 -> don't random BBS... you can use heat for better use on pressure

Work on your defense, take attention to your Heat and opponent lifebar ... and stop doing Corona > RC > Corona if not for the kill

and my 2 cent about dropping combos for mix up when corner on proximity ... i would say this is bad habit, u can get reset if it works, but i'll say guaranteed damage and corner oki is much better than gambling for reset ... Makoto can 2 Shoot everyone, so why bother doing reset? ... but since it works for you ... whatever :v:

The corona > RC > Corona is something I rarely, if ever never used. The only reason I wanted to do it is just for lulz.

Also uh, as far as memory tells me, during 6:30 I was supposed to do a particle flare to finish him. But it never came out fhkjsd :vbang:

thanks man ;w; .

Don't do 6C > 214AC Immediately, if it is a counter hit try to delay it the 214AC so you can combo into 214ACB and if he is high you can do 214BCB > j.D / 214AA 5B 6A 2D etc...

Hello everyone! I'm new to Dustloop, and wanted to join, mainly to express my thoughts on Makoto a little. I'm currently maining (yes, maining) her in Continuum Shift: Extend. She has certainly changed quite a bit from Continuum Shift II, but this time around, I'm enjoying her more and more. I don't have to rely on walls and loops to win with her. I do believe she was nerfed more than what was necessary, but I can still use her very effectively, just because I'm very dedicated to learning her. I've beaten many players on the Network (70% of them Ragna players... pfffft...) and had success against most of them.

To me, Makoto is probably the most underrated character in the game, she has personality, looks good, and can actually kick a ton of ass. My main gripe? She easily takes more skill to use than all the other fighters, and her combos require very precise timing to pull off, but it is oh-so rewarding when you knock-out someone online with her.

I'm still keeping her as my main. I don't think she sucks at all, she just requires a bit more thinking in Extend. Hopefully in the next installment of Blazblue, she will get the credit she truthfully deserves as a character, and as a fighter. I love her personality, and she is just fun to look at, and her fight style is quite awesome. (Especially the tail. Don't forget the tail.)

(And she is the first woman fighter I've ever mained in my 16 years of playing fighting games.)

Makoto, you freakin' ROCK!!!

(And by the way, I don't know if it is my controller or not, but how do you pull off her Space Counter? I'm finding this move near-impossible to pull off... I block the attack, press the corresponding buttons, but no avail... Don't know what I'm doing wrong...)

All ways good to have more Makoto players :keke:. As for Space Counter, you'll need to let your input go to neutral after blocking for it to come out. (Ex. holding 4 to block -release- 5 4 6) then hit D after the parry's "catch".

Either we all think the same or you specifically have the same exact view about Makoto that I do. I mean she's so awesome that I'm afraid I'll never be able to find a character as awesome as her anywhere else.

Character design wise Makoto is the best character ever... No i don't have special love for squirrels, fur, underboobs etc...

Gameplay wise she is funny to play and still does really good in extend, you might see her suffer a little bit but that's most likely happens because she is a hardworking character WAS and will STILL be like that, don't fall to what people say about her being bad or weak!

Character design wise Makoto is the best character ever... No i don't have special love for squirrels, fur, underboobs etc...

Gameplay wise she is funny to play and still does really good in extend, you might see her suffer a little bit but that's most likely happens because she is a hardworking character WAS and will STILL be like that, don't fall to what people say about her being bad or weak!

I completely agree with you. I also love her personality, and the way she fights is very cool. She may take skill to use, but that's just another reason I like her. And I'm even MORE in love when I finally learned her Space Counter. OH YEAH.

Oh you, you could finish the whole thing early. Try to stretch, slap yourself, anything just don't lose your focus xD

I can't help on Neutral game vs Bang sry, i myself need help on it

I started to get impatient after doing a CA on a 12 nail super of bang then started to take stupid risks constantly and rush in blindly, I need to keep my cool even after a major Face Palm moment.