Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T9S1N2

Question about charging.

What do all the different charging styles do?

I might be wrong on this, but I think that cards allow Jam to cancel any special into a charge card special. I know for certain that if you have the the Ryuujin card you can do 236K -> 236K. Ryuujin card is the card you get from 22K. If you 1 of each card then you can cancel into any of her charge card specials. Also charge card specials cancel into themselves if you have enough cards.

Also, how to use this command?

empty back forward -> catch

That is her parry. Basically you start from neutral or forward, move back then hold forward. If they attack you right as you do that you will parry any move that can be blocked high. This creates an opportunity to counter attack. If you did it correctly there will be a green circle. Looking at the frame data might help explain it. If you don't understand the frame data notation look here:

http://dustloop.com/guides/ggac/data/conv.html

All specials except (AFAIK) 236SS/H/D, and 22K/S/H/D (236SP might not, as with 236P) can cancel into a card special, which makes 236SK->236K somewhat tricky, as it is possible to miss the first K and not get the mixup, but that gets better with practice.

What's a charge card special and how do I perform one?

22 K/S/H gives you a card. Then in certain situations you can cancel a special into 236K with the K, 214K with the S card, or 623K with the H card.