Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhoenonX

[CS1-CS2] Hazama Self-Improvement and Critique Thread

After a reversal throw go for the 5D-D > j.C x 2 > dj.C x5 > 2C > 214B# for max tension and damage.

Take care with those 214D-B, don't do it too much it's a little risky and if predicted, can cost you a round...

Some advice I've already gotten on this is to learn some more BnB's besides the 3C one all the time, try to learn some blockstrings, and LRN 2 TECH. Just wondering if anyone else had some advice on how I should improve from here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuxXT15UMEk

First match was back in August. Second match was December. I think I improved at least a bit between the two.

Some advice I've already gotten on this is to learn some more BnB's besides the 3C one all the time, try to learn some blockstrings, and LRN 2 TECH. Just wondering if anyone else had some advice on how I should improve from here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuxXT15UMEk

First match was back in August. Second match was December. I think I improved at least a bit between the two.

Work on hit-confirms and combos (so you don't drop them). You tended to auto-pilot a bit with 3C>214D~C, even on block.

Don't throw out 236236B randomly like you did at 6:00, you'll get punished hard if you keep doing it. Use it to punish moves with a lot or recovery like dragonpunches, whiffed enemy attacks, to extend combos, after a grab, after an Instant Block during enemy pressure.

632146C is a pretty bad DD. It's too slow to be used as a proper punish for most things and in combos your Heat is better spend on RC and 236236B. The 632146C ones you landed was because the opponent was inexperienced/sloppy or just luck. The chance of landing it once your opponents grows more experienced is very slim.

You overuse 3C a bit, don't be afraid to use your other normals like 2A, 5A, 5B, 5C, j.B, j.2C

keep with english... we need more Serpent's Infernal and less jayoku's god damn weeabos

How is it being a weeabo? Everybody over here calls it Jayoku, so I don't really see the problem here. Not that I have something against English terms, as I usually NEVER use japanese words (because, of course, I ain't no weeabo), but you're probably one of the only few who calls it Serpent's Infernal. Pardon me if I sound rude but I believe that your claims are quite... disrespectful.

keep with english... we need more Serpent's Infernal and less jayoku's god damn weeabos

Jayoku Houtenjin is easier and faster to say then Serpents Infernal Rapture to be honest with ya, just like Mizuchi Renkazan is easier and a lot faster to say then Hungry Coils of the Dragon Serpent.

Dustloop followed both BBCT and BBCS while they were only out in Japan and only had japanese to go by.

Screaming at people for calling it Jayoku when Jayoku exsited months before the english translation is downsy.

>implying i'm ever going to call it anything but jayoku after hearing hazama yell JAYOKU HOTENJIN for fuckiing months when watching footage

ya know what i picked up the game and hadnt done any research into it when i played it kept it in english. im not one to watch for somethin till i can get my hands on it. and by the way its Eternal Coils of the Dragon Serpent.

and by the way its Eternal Coils of the Dragon Serpent.

He says hungry coils though.

Succesful topic derailment is successful.

I'm not sure if this should even be posted here, but I noticed that Hazama's taunt changes when you're playing against Ragna. The taunt is quicker than his usual match-up taunt, so if you have 100% heat, you can rapid cancel after Jayoku Houtenjin -> Taunt -> Guarantee a follow-up.

Oh, and if you taunt and grab at the same time, he'll do the laugh while grabbing.

Kind of useless outside of trolling purposes and might already be known, but I'm new around here so... just sayin'.

I'm not sure if this should even be posted here, but I noticed that Hazama's taunt changes when you're playing against Ragna. The taunt is quicker than his usual match-up taunt, so if you have 100% heat, you can rapid cancel after Jayoku Houtenjin -> Taunt -> Guarantee a follow-up.

Oh, and if you taunt and grab at the same time, he'll do the laugh while grabbing.

Kind of useless outside of trolling purposes and might already be known, but I'm new around here so... just sayin'.

Might be a bit confusing, but in this thread you basically ask others for tips on how to play Hazama or feedback on one (or several) of your matches.

The thread you're looking for is here.

Might be a bit confusing, but in this thread you basically ask others for tips on how to play Hazama or feedback on one (or several) of your matches.

The thread you're looking for is here.

Oh, well yeah, that helps. I didn't realize that the Q&A thread around here was used for noting stuff like that as well.

Thanks.

Lol i love the reaction on whoever that was when you did the 5k combo.

Practice your inputs and timing really. I noticed some random combo dropping in round 1. And some blue beats after Jakou in round 2.

In the corner when you're doing 2a for oki, try to chain it into 5b for a pickup instead of two 2a's.

It just takes some timing and practice but good job!

As for that tao....uh he needs a lot of work :x

Hey, im new here and looking for someone or some people to help improve my hazama :3 will post a vid and info tomorrow, as i will upload it tonight. Thanks guys~

Edit: Hey the vid uploaded, now im just looking for ways to improve my hazama. Im afraid im crappy as i dont have much time on my hands to practice him cause im more of a casual gamer. But anywayz here it is:-

Hey, im new here and looking for someone or some people to help improve my hazama :3 will post a vid and info tomorrow, as i will upload it tonight. Thanks guys~

Edit: Hey the vid uploaded, now im just looking for ways to improve my hazama. Im afraid im crappy as i dont have much time on my hands to practice him cause im more of a casual gamer. But anywayz here it is:-

1) Better Jayako follow ups. 5c 2c is not a good one, because, as you did exactly this, it drops fairly easy. Adjust forward stance C into 5c2c etc.

2) that random Mizuchi was bad and you should feel bad. Use mizuchi IF AND ONLY IF it's going to kill (or in extreme cases, they're spamming a projectile)

3) Space better. It was by the good grace of god that that Tager was a scrub. Don't rush down Tager. Just don't do it. D~a all day until hit confirm.

4) Tager specific advice: When magnetized, don't jump. He will draw you in fairly quick, and a lot of time even a chain can't save you. If you get magnetized, get the fuck back to the other side of the screen and stay grounded. Poke with D~A.

I guess just have an idea of what you're going to do in the round. It kind of seemed like you were just wingin' it, which can work, but you did some pretty dumb stuff. (2c on Tager wakeup in corner for an easy Buster for him, Random Jayako and Mizuchi, unsafe blockstrings, and bad combos.)

Also I'm pretty sure you didn't touch your A button once. IF you're going to fly in anyways, a j.A into Bloody Fangs is a pretty sweet Tick command throw, 2a is pretty phenomenal, and 5a can be linked into 5c into combo if you juggle them in air like you did second or third round. Don't mean to be too harsh, but if you want advice, you're going to get it, and not with bullshit sugar laced feedback.

On FC jayoku, you should be doing better combos. Adjust 5C>2C is not optimal.

Adjust 6D~A x 3>623D>663C>Jayoku>adjust>zaneiiga>4D~A x N>4D~D>214B# is your go to option if you have meter.

No meter you can go for adjust zaneiga or relaunch combos on characters on which they work.

Your basic combos are a bit lacking too. You didn't use Zaneiga(2) at all or went into any optimal combos. Have a look at Zidane's super faq for better combos for hazama.

Your fundamentals also need a lot of work, and try playing better players, saving replays and critically analyzing what you did wrong and what you could have done better and what you did which worked, so you keep the functioning parts and drop the stuff you tried which didn't work. You get more experience by losing than winning IMO.

Anyways keep it up!

Above FC combo might whiff or early tech

(note, any time not FC, limit number of 4D and 6D. All combos listed are midscreen)

FC 100% or two super

236236B, 6D~A (x3 to 4), 623D, 663C 236236B, 214DC(2), 2C 4D~A(x1 to 2), 4DD, j,CCCCC, dj.CCCCC 214B

FC 50% (damage)

236236B, 214DC(2), 5C 2C 4D~A(x1 to 2), 4DD, j,CCCCC, dj.CCCCC 214B

FC 50% (want more bar)

236236B, 214DC(2), 5C j,CCCCC, 2C 4D~A(x1 to 2), 4DD, j,CCCCC, dj.CCCCC 214B

Not sure if this will work, but for most damage possible. Been a while since I played.

FC 100% for 3 supers

236236B, 6D~A (x3 to 4), 623D, 663C 236236B, 214DC(2), 5C j,CCCCC, 2C 4D 623D, 632146C

I saw someone do this, or some kind of variation. Might need corner.

Thanks guys for telling me what i already knew (basically im complete shit) But thanks for the advice and i am still working on Hazama. I have only been able to practice him for a few hours so i know im not gonna be a pro :L And sorry guys for dropping the 214B at the end of some combos, i was really tired while playing, and i would have never had done that random Mizuchi i was getting a little annoyed at that point -_-

Anyway thanks all and i will work on the advice (Y)

Edit: Also some of those combos you suggested seem to be the more advanced ones, like

236236B, 6a x3, 263D, 66, 3c 236236B ect.

I have never been any good at getting dashes in or on time (i use the analogs :L) any advice that may help?