Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhoenonX

[CS1-CS2] Hazama Self-Improvement and Critique Thread

I have never been any good at getting dashes in or on time (i use the analogs :L) any advice that may help?

If you have serious trouble with dash into 3C, you can do this combo (look below). It deals good damage and gives you back a ton of Heat, making the RC almost free.

It's also easier to hit with than a 632146C after a 623D, so preferably do this combo if you miss dash into 3C a lot.

RC 623D combo (varies, but an easy version goes something like this):

... 623D > RC* > back jump > j.6D~D > j.C(X) > 5C(2) > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.C(5) > jump cancel > j.C(5) > 214B

*(wait until the opponent is slammed against the wall)

X = as many as you can hit with

Im having Problems Playing hazama,

I've decided to step up my offence with Mix ups and Command throws, But once i get out of close range and in mid range. it feels there is little i can do.

Yeah, im finding him difficult, but i like his style so im gonna stick with him. Ive tried out all the cast and i really don't like any of their play styles :L But i am interested in Valkanhyne's style.

And thanks 'ZhePrime' for the advice, will definitely tr that instead of the dash...

Im having Problems Playing hazama,

I've decided to step up my offence with Mix ups and Command throws, But once i get out of close range and in mid range. it feels there is little i can do.

That's because he has no real options midrange. He is close and far, which leaves his midrange to be shit. You will get eaten up at midrange, so don't let that happen too often.

That's because he has no real options midrange. He is close and far, which leaves his midrange to be shit. You will get eaten up at midrange, so don't let that happen too often.

3C, Jabaki, or reposition.

i agree with wuku, damage off ch jabaki in cs1 is bad unless youre in the corner

tbh im pretty sure you cant even combo off it midscreen

Jabaki CH>RC>5D~D>J.CxN>Land>5C(2)>2C>4D~A x 2>4D~D>J.214B# Does about 4k ish and gives back a lot of the meter you used.

Doesn't work on some characters(Jin off the top of my head) so you have to do J6.D instead of 5D to land it on them. J6.D works universally but nets less damage.

Less damage is better than no damage right?

Unless you like just standing there, I guess thats always an option... :psyduck:

Ive tried everything to improve, ive practiced a load and took on board your advice. But im just not getting any better... I really want to enter a tournament soon, but i dont think i am good enough to play, as im always loosing D:

Ive tried everything to improve, ive practiced a load and took on board your advice. But im just not getting any better... I really want to enter a tournament soon, but i dont think i am good enough to play, as im always loosing D:

Don't give up. Keep on practicing. Practicing as in playing other people. You also can't just play just for playing. Think when you play. Analyze why you're losing. Which tactic is making you lose? Which habit of yours is making you lose? Which tactic are you applying that's working? Has the opponent figured out a way to counter it? You have to constantly analyze why you're losing and how you can fix that. Then you can get better.

On another note, me playing hazama. I'm planning on maining/co-maining him seriously in CS2, so I need some pointers.

Hazama Heart vs Brice part 1

Hazama Heart vs Brice part 2

Jabaki CH>RC>5D~D>J.CxN>Land>5C(2)>2C>4D~A x 2>4D~D>J.214B# Does about 4k ish and gives back a lot of the meter you used.

Doesn't work on some characters(Jin off the top of my head) so you have to do J6.D instead of 5D to land it on them. J6.D works universally but nets less damage.

I took a look into Jabaki CH combos one day, and aside from corner, this isn't really optimal. You have to know it'll be a counter hit to rapid cancel fast enough to 5d~d them, even quicker for a j.6D, which basically means you have to know it'll be a counter hit. Then again, if you know, why not go for Jayako? Honestly, if you counter hit them with Jabaki just zone again imo.

I took a look into Jabaki CH combos one day, and aside from corner, this isn't really optimal. You have to know it'll be a counter hit to rapid cancel fast enough to 5d~d them, even quicker for a j.6D, which basically means you have to know it'll be a counter hit. Then again, if you know, why not go for Jayako? Honestly, if you counter hit them with Jabaki just zone again imo.

There is one situation where they are practical. Punishing a whiffed aerial move from mid-long range where you have only 47-50 meter. I've actually never used these combos in a match, just showing that they're possible and do decent damage.

Finish your combos.

I dunno if i can say your doing the command grab thing wrong...Seeing your doing the job all haz mains should be doing, which is trolling.

Oh, and go easy on the 623D, The way your doing it your sacrificing a lot of damage and meter gain, Go into your basic air combo instead.

1) Combos- yours weren't good

2) Execution- you dropped easy stuff

3) Better Decisions- You RC 623D into a dash 2B. Why.

4) Play Better People- That Hakumen sucked. He didn't punish a (very poor) jayako.

5) Learn to hit confirm

On another note, I don't think your command grab trolling works. I think if this guy would have held up, or backdashed, it would have whiffed. I'll take a look into it, but odds are that he just sucks so that's how it worked.

Yeah that was a basic mistake. Don't end your combos with 623D. You want meter as a Hazama player. Also, learn more combos and optimal ones at that. You're hit confirm was actually not that bad from j.B. Learn how to IB Jayoku or Jayoku in general when you're opponent isn't expecting one. Learn dash 3C Houtenjin after 623D.

Also, I would like to point out that it's not exactly trolling to do command grab over and over against an enemy and then getting killed by a C spammer.

Oh I also noticed how you rely on your chains way too much and are scared of close quarter combat. The only thing you should be afraid of is mid-range combat and you shouldn't be getting in that situation if you use your chains right. You kept chaining with the same angle in the air over and over. I actually had that problem for a long time and never really got over it till I played some other characters and came back to Hazama. Learning how to use the momentum of releasing a chain (D~D) or canceling into another chain is very important too. Use 2A a LOT more and do more of 214D~A. Try to pressure and don't just run away when the opponent blocks one or two attacks. Also, try not to Houtenjin after 214D~C. The damage you get off it is usually pretty bad. I personally prefer to Houtenjin after a 3C or 5B but that's up to you.

EDIT: "On another note, I don't think your command grab trolling works. I think if this guy would have held up, or backdashed, it would have whiffed. I'll take a look into it, but odds are that he just sucks so that's how it worked."

Command grab into command grab works in two situations:

1) Opponent doesn't expect it. It actually doesn't matter anyway since it doesn't get you heat like it does in CS2.

2) Your opponent sucks.

I also saw it happen to a Tager who tried several things to see if he could beat it but he couldn't. 360A loses to Hazama's command grab if you're in range to do it on Tager.

You won't be able to get better that fast. lol

You never know. Especially when it's someone who's already pretty good with another character.