Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS1-CS2] Carl vs. Makoto

Carl vs Makoto:

Standing: 5B, 5C, 6]D[, J.2C, J.B, J.C...

Crouching: 5B, 6B, J.2C, Alle~can...

I'm not sure how i feel about this match up yet. Makoto may be rush down but i feel like her mix up is really easy to read and not that threatening yet. But there also are not too many good ones i've encountered yet.

her Air-to-ground is pretty awful so anti-air > juggle seems like it's not hard to pull off

thoughts?

if she parries your fuoco she's vulnerable to a low

also i dunno her mixup is not super amazing but it only takes two combos to kill carl and she has decent crossup/corner game

Kyle after you left Omni and I had a relatively long set of battles afterwards.

My conclusion:

As of right now I think this matchup is 5-5.

Like Noel (another one of his even matchups) she's fast

Like Ragna (another one of his even matchups) she hits like a tank.

The thing is she's just as screwed as everyone else who is sandwich. Of course you have to bait stuff though.

But like Ragna, with good defense she really has a hard time hitting you.

Interms of the "Poke War" I think thats even as well. She for the most part will anti-air you ever time though, but you 6A can compete with her aerial attacks as well.

Run away and use Nirvana as a wall like in any other matchup.

Her clone thing can work just about any situation, resetting pressure, baiting, cross-ups, mixups, and even throws. Read any of em wrong and you're in for a good 3K. Of course, these are all lot easier to re-act to than anything carl can do. Her's are all not very fast and she will be probably just be baiting more than anything.

The only thing i don't like about her is her projectile. It, unlike everything else in this game, goes straight through nirvana and will hit carl. It also wall bounces, breaks primers, can be used as a reset, is fast...in other words, it's bonkers. I've even seen this thing used to stop jump ins if they don't hit it so it can be used defensively. I'm surprised i haven't seen this thing spammed yet. Nirvana in any way is a relatively good way to scare them away from using it, but if they're persistent this projectile can easily screw over anything you may be trying to do. Just watch out for it and act accordingly. I also agree with the 5/5 match up for now, but i think that her range may end up making this worse for her in the end.

Her clone thing can work just about any situation, resetting pressure, baiting, cross-ups, mixups, and even throws. Read any of em wrong and you're in for a good 3K. Of course, these are all lot easier to re-act to than anything carl can do. Her's are all not very fast and she will be probably just be baiting more than anything.

The only thing i don't like about her is her projectile. It, unlike everything else in this game, goes straight through nirvana and will hit carl. It also wall bounces, breaks primers, can be used as a reset, is fast...in other words, it's bonkers. I've even seen this thing used to stop jump ins if they don't hit it so it can be used defensively. I'm surprised i haven't seen this thing spammed yet. Nirvana in any way is a relatively good way to scare them away from using it, but if they're persistent this projectile can easily screw over anything you may be trying to do. Just watch out for it and act accordingly. I also agree with the 5/5 match up for now, but i think that her range may end up making this worse for her in the end.

When you see it, just fake her out by standing there until her drive bar appears.

Then jump, j2C, Fuoco at a distace, 6D up close, and Vivace over there and get a tasty sammich.

Also Brio beats out C Bunshins on predict and A and B on reaction with a COUNTA!

I think that when you go for a j.2C j.A j.A j.B+3D reset on Makoto, you can do an option select backdash, hold 4, then 5B 6B 623C to prevent her from DP RCing out. The DP should whiff and then Nirvana counterhits her before she flies away.

Unlikely to work. Makoto's uppercut only has invulnerability until she clears the ground (frame 10). Inferno Divider has invulnerability until it's done with all its active frames (Frame 18). So at the very least, Ragna will get a lot more altitude before he gets hit, but odds are the attack will just go through him.

Actually the problem I've had with doing it on everyone else is that they hit Nirvana out of 3D and can RC even if you backdash (the only other exception I remember is Jayoku). I'll test it some more though.