Sign in to follow this  
CrazyDazed

[/] Slash Johnny DB Combos For Those Who Are Interested FAQ

Does not doing the dash in HS,MidMFlv.2 [dash] K,HS,DB FRC change the time the opponent can tech out? When I was first trying these I forgot to add the dash but for the most part they still worked on everyone I tried on.

Not dashing gives YOU more time to hit the K > H but generally you will need to dash because of distance.

also might wanna watch out for the spacing after the level 2. the deeper they land into ur 5k.. or 5s.. the longer it'll take for them to tech out, so experiment and figure out which range and position are ideal to land the combo... also if u are playing slash... its probably easier if u do the s version of lvl 2 mf instead of the k one.

K Mist Finer pushes back- pretty much if you didn't start the combo from like point blank (ie. close up H XX K MF) then you'll be too far to connect the DB a lot of the time. If you're doing the dash combo (usually on lights or if you start really close to your opponent) then you'll want to use S as it has less pushback. Use K MF if you intend to MSJH afterwards, though.

u cant. 5h is not jump cancellable. u can,however, do close 5s,5k (jump install),hs, into dbfrc. or even just 5k/5s ji into dbfrc if u are fast enough. for 6h..i think u just gotta be quick with the input.. i know it is jump cancellable...so mabe do it faster?

you can JI 6hs, you just gotta put the jump command in before it connects... not that good tho imo. so kinda like 6hs(j)>6hs connects>623S>etc.

thx but then i dont understand: in the cm "the final another side" , there is a combo vs Millia in 3:32sec divine(frc) 5hs,divine(frc)8hs,8divine,66 (O_O)K,S,D,E 1 hit. how can dash??? when he did JI??

He prolly TKed the DB after 5hs. So it would be like 5hs,6239S>S>FRC>8hs>8divine>66>K>S>D>E 1-hit edit: TK = Tiger Knee btw. edit edit: he TKed the first DB. i just did that combo you were talking about divine(frc) 5hs,divine(frc)8hs,8divine,66 (O_O)K,S,D,E 1 hit. <<< that one

Sorry tj3ssa1 but I think you're wrong on both the 6H into JI DB and the H into JI DB ;( 6H XX JI DT > DB is 6H XX 62369S > S. You don't have to do anything fancier than that. And Johnny's H isn't JCable so you can't TK DB off it. Something else is going on in that vid. IIRC, it's probably the thing where if you jump, land, and IMMEDIATELY do a move, your old normal-jump state carries over.

You can do the 6hs ji either way I think. Actually because I never thought of doing 6H xx 62369S>S lol. Thanks for that tho, I will do that from now on. Cause 6H(ji)>623S>S was god damned annoying. Redbeard should be posting the points up in the JO trivia thread too btw. So time to see who's in 1st place.

Redbeard should be posting the points up in the JO trivia thread too btw. So time to see who's in 1st place.

Guy gotta verify the combos, by doing them, first.

divine(frc) 5hs,divine(frc)8hs,8divine,66 (O_O)K,S,D,E 1 hit.

how can dash??? when he did JI??

Let's try this again, without all that unnecessary notations put in:

DB FRC land H DB FRC jH DB FRC air dash KSD Ensenga

This is another form of Jump Install, although not as obvious to Johnny player since it is common to other characters but Johnny doesn't really have much use to it in actual matches.

This is an Auto Jump Install. This happens when you start the combo with jump in attack (DB FRC in this case), then you land and immediately do H, the Jump Install property is still stored. Player immediately does DB FRC, H, and then another DB FRC -- player hasn't used double jump or air dash yet so Jump Install is still there. Therefore, he is able to air dash at this point.

More simpler example, let's use another character, Ky. Have him do:

jump in H, H, 623H RC.

His 5H is not jump cancellable, his 623H does not have Jump Install property (ie, Ky cannot air dash or double jump after RCing 623H). In this combo, he is able to double jump or air dash because he started with jump in and attacking immediately upon landing.

Hope that clarifies the Auto Jump Install property.

Addendum: Ky can air dash/double jump from simply doing empty jump in, H upon landing, 623H RC. So, all it needs an immediate attack upon landing from jump to start an Auto Jump Install property.

Edit: The jump-in in the beginning has to be a normal or high jump in, since double jump in or air dashing in will not make Auto Jump Install work.

man frc is proving to be the hardest thing to master in this game, or maybe is just johnny db.... i was shown a pic but it hasnt helped much, is there a sound i should listen for, dont say no smart assed "romantic...." that happens after

man frc is proving to be the hardest thing to master in this game, or maybe is just johnny db....

i was shown a pic but it hasnt helped much, is there a sound i should listen for, dont say no smart assed "romantic...." that happens after

Frc's are hard to master at first, but you can practice this.

Go to training mode, and pick Johnny.

Push "start" button, and look at the menu. Look For "Display" and set it to "input" or "both"

Then press start agian.

Now try to do a DB in air. Notice where the inputs are, there will be a "blue flash" at the point where u need to push the 3 buttons to successfully preform a frc. So its basicaly just to practice and get the timing.

With the "db transport, to DB" is somwhat a bit odd when you first look at it. It will flash onetime for Frcing the transport. If u push the S button, it will preform a DB and light up agian.

So you need to practice the timing for "db transport, to DB" (the last flash of blue)

man i never knew that when u put on display input it shows that... thanks alot man. will you marry me? XD

No probs.

Just to post, my guide is about halfway done and I'll be posting it up for proofreading by next week. Part of the hard part is actually learning everything about AC while writing the guide. Johnny had more than I had originally thought in the game which was a pleasant surprise.

Sign in to follow this