Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Unblocks

Unblockables and set-ups

From KSMH~P to corner knockdown

1) j.D technique: (20 damage)

Gatlin into c.S(2)~KSMH~P, HSS_7, Roger Get, (Frc is not necessary but helpful), j.D(Unblockable) on their wake-up.

2) 6+ K technique: (54 damage)

Gatlin into c.S(2)~KSMH~P, HSS_7, Roger Get, (No Frc), 5K (on their wake-up) ~6K(Unblockable), air throw the tech.

3) 5D technique: (20 damage)

Gatlin into c.S(2)~KSMH~P, HSS_7, Roger Get, (No Frc), 5D on their wake-up.

4)j.2S technique: (145 damage)

Gatlin into c.S(2)~KSMH~P, HSS_7, Roger Get, (Frc is not necessary but helpful), 8 wait, falling j.2S(Unblockable), land 5K~6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

Comments on j.2S :

A)The trick is to let the first hit of RogerGet hit them on their wake-up.

B)This set-up doubles for an incredible DP and Super bait.

C)FRC, j.P whiff fall j.2S works very well. All the activity makes the opponent guard more often than not FRCing etc.

5)air throw technique: (59 damage)

Gatlin into 6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HSS_7~roll~air throw, land, RogerGet~66~9+j.D

Comment on air-throw technique:

A) I always do this as it is the most useful way to return your yo-yo when it's way the hell up top the screen.

B)I usually air-throw the tech again because you can't combo off this set-up.

6) MAMKM technique: (145 damage) (Credit goes to Nekoran's "Happy Ending ")

MAMKM connects, (as soon as it ends) 8~j.HSS_7~RogerGet, neutral, falling j.2S(Unblockable), 5K~6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

Comments on the MAMKM technique:

A)This works mid-screen as well.

B)I love this idea for a follow-up to MAMKM. The damage is so not worth it to do a B&B on hit to give up that knockdown. PS If I have hit MAMKM early enough I am known to sneak in a 6K, the earlier you do it the more decent the damage becomes.

C)I apologize for being unclear with this set-up but the timing is very subjective to when they were hit with MAMKM.

7) KSMH~K technique: (137 damage)

Gatlin into c.S(2)~KSMH~K~RC~j.HSS_7~RogerGet, j.P~j.K(Unblockable),land 2S~6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

Related-Mix-up:

1)6+k technique (142 damage):

Gatlin into c.S(2)~KSMH~P, HSS_7, Roger Get~FRC, 6K (overhead on their wake-up), 5K~6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

From KSMH~P to mid-screen knockdown

1) j.D technique: (59 damage)

Gatlin into c.S(2)~KSMH~P, HSS_9, Roger Get ~Frc ~ IAD, j.D(Unblockable) on their wake-up.

2) 6K technique: (20 damage)

Gatlin into c.S(2)~KSMH~P, HSS_9, Roger Get ~Frc ~buffer run, 6K(Unblockable)

3) 6S technique: (154 damage) (Credit goes to 722)

CH 6S~9,j.HSS_6,RogerGet,AD~j.S(Unblockable),land,2S~6S~9+j.P~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

Comments on 6S technique:

A) The HSS_6 is almost at the apex of your jump.

B) The trick is to let the first hit of RogerGet hit them on their wake-up.

4)6S technque pt.2 (145 damage)

CH 6S~9~j.HSS_9~RogerGet~FRC~bufferAD~j.2S(Unblockable),land,5K~6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

5) j.2S technique (145 damage)

Gatlin into c.S(2)~KSMH~P, HSS~7~Roger Get~IAD, j.2S(Unblockable), land 5K~6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

6) KSMH~K technique: (140 damage) (Credit goes to Nekoran's "Happy Ending ")

Gatlin into c.S(1)~JIKSMH~K~RC, j.HSS~7, RogerGet, AD, j.D, land 6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

Comments on the KSMH~K technique:

A) JIKSMH~K is a jump installed KSMH~K performed by 2369+K.

B) This set-up is alot easier to follow up with B&B if you do not AD back over them, but AD later on the same side you end up on. I prefer the dash back cross-up j.D though =]

C) After some experimenting I've found that this is a solid Unblockable. I initally stated it wasn't worth the tension spent but after further examination, I am now hitting this after a midscreen RogerRush(3)~66~c.S(1)~6P~c.S(1)~JIKSMH~K. And after midscreen RogerRush, 6K 50/50. This is a nice guaranteed set-up and tenison spent after this combo. Especially as the damage isn't worth giving up knockdown for a 2D~FRC~B&B after the second c.S(1). This is a perfect mid-screen ender if you have tension available.This set-up is two free knockdowns on A.B.A. and the second knockdown is plenty of times to IK her. I'd recommend only doing the knockdown and not B&B A.B.A. but just going for the second knockdown to IK.

7) DAA technique (137 Damage) (Credit goes to Ruu's "Sunrise")

DAA, 8~j.HSS_8~RogerGet, falling j.S (Unblockable), land 5K~6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

7) Tragedy technique A

c.S(2)~Tragedy~9~j.HSS_9~RogerGet~FRC~AD j.2S(Unblockable), 5K~6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

8) Tragedy technique B

c.S(2)~Tragedy~9~j.HSS_6~RogerGet~AD j.2S(Unblockable), 5P~6S~9+j.S~j.2S~9+j.S~j.2S~HS__

From 2D

1)2D~FRC~HSS_9,RogerGet, running j.K (UB), 5K~6S~jc~j.S~j.2S~dj~j.S~j.2S~(HSS_#/Starship)

2) FAR 2D~FRC~HSS_9,RogerGet,IAD~j.D, land, j.p~j.2S~(jc)j.S~j.2S~(HSS_#/Starship)

note:

You must input Roger Get as soon as physically possible after the HSS_#

You can Gatlin into c.S(2) or a c.S(1) if you do c.S(1)~6P~c.S(1)~KSMH~P.

The push back is very important for the corner combos.

Right click~Save Link As ...Of course it's an error people, it a zip file.

Stop trying to make Bridget nastier than he already is! Despite them not being too strong, they're not bad set-ups at all. I could imagine w/ some work, and Japanese magic, someone would be able to find a really solid unblockable combo. I imagine there's already some on Big Pot. BTW how come the mid-screen j.D unblockable is stronger than the corner one?

The corner j.D uses the first couple hits of j.D on their wake-up to force them to guard, so you actually only end up only hitting the Unblockable off of the last hit of j.D and Roger's low. While mid-screen it's a longer delay becasue of the IAD so you end up hitting the unblockable on the first hit of j.D and getting all the damage for j.D and Roger's low.

i'm actually a millia/sol player, but i dropped Sol in /Slash and took Bridget as a 2ndary character. i just tried your set-ups in a match, didn't have the time to train, but thay worked GREAT!! ( 5wins vs. a pro Axl =P ) , didn't know that "236+K --> P" is that useful to set a yo-yo after it. Thanks.

I dunno if I'm doing anything wrong; but on corner after a set.7, I'm usually too close and Roger Get is almost 95% interrupted (i.e. Baiken 5S). Perhaps I'm doing Roget Get to late?

Make sure both hits of c.S hit that way the push back from your combo forces you not to be to far in the corner. c.S isn’t as reliable as it was in #R, it tends to only guarantee the second hit on ducking opponents. It’s possibly your Roger Get being to slow, just make sure you start it a soon as your HSS+7 finishes. If it’s getting poked I’d recommend two things: 1) Get this down in training first before you try it more. 2) 8+j.P (whiff) falling j.2S (Unblockable), the more activity there is the more they fear. In your case it sucks it’s only a 5S that interrupts your string, because it doubles as bitchin bait for a Dragon Punch. ~Good Luck

Hmmm... basically I need to get more range. But anymore than the range I usually set in-between, neutral jump 2s won't reach anymore. More than anything, I guess I have to condition whoever I'm fighting for Buri nasties on wakeup so they don't go 5s trigger happy. xD Will this work on a 2d? KSMH seems to be a bit harder to hit now.

Yes, but only on 2D~FRC. Unfortunetley then you can't guarantee the first hit of Roger Get will connect.

c.S isn’t as reliable as it was in #R.

I really really hate that about Slash Buri.

::runs up to Sol 2k~S.c~6p~S.c-VOLCANICVIPAAAAA:: :\

Hope you don't mind if I make this thread a sticky for now and open it up to more general Roger Get discussion. I have some of my own input on this but I have a crazy work week ahead of me, so it'll be a while.

Updated Header. And on a side note Has anyone else really looked at Tragedy During Maintenance? It has frames of Roger in the explosion. One crying, one with an eye patch, and even one in Sol's outfit because the flames lol. There's also, in the early frames, an orange huge picture of Rogers face, very interesting. Couple more, Eddie's air-throw. He turns into a bug and then come out of you very Q-Bee like. Lastly Eddie's j.D he rips his face open from his mouth to reveal his skull, kinda cool.

I didn't notice that about Tragedy... wild. Here is the Roger Get setup I use the most, almost exclusively to punish IBed Testament 2D into 214S, blocked Zappa whirligig, etc. Knockdown with CH 6S on grounded opponent, jump forward, 6set, 421H, airdash j.S (hits at same time as Roger), land, 2S 6S j.P j.2S double jump j.S j.2S. I don't have a working stick to test it but I'm pretty sure it's around 130 or 140, decent options if they block too.

I'll update the Header again. Nice use for the CH 6S :thumbu: Initially I tried to use this but just like the MAMKM technique the timing is so subjective on spacing and the situation etc. Though a very useful addition for a Testy tree punish or any other CH 6S that you can guarantee you know the spacing because of pressure. So now I just puss out and do CH 6S~IAD~j.P~j.2S~Starship, land, 6P tech bait etc. I usually don't land much CH 6S as a far poke cause I generally fight May (hoop set clash,6P wins, 5HS wins), Pot(Slide Head clash,Hammerfall wins,2D wins,5HS wins), Hos( 2S ducks, Gunblaze wins, etc). AlthoughI do fight a Venom and a Dizzy occasionally so this can work wonders on them if I counter hit Pressure like Testy, thanks.

Yeah, I agree that it's finnicky. The only reason I use it so much is because my strongest competition in town plays Testament. It's the sort of thing I'd like to test against I-no TK note and things of that nature but I don't get the chance and have to do all of my training mode on gamepad right now.

Updated the Header with Air-throw technique.

Updated the Header with CH 6S pt. 2

Updated the Header with ABA technique discussion.

722:

I finally got your CH 6S technique to work, after learning the timing the hard way. You have to HSS~6 and AD way later than you think you do. Anywho it's the same trick as the Pseudo and they have to eat meaty first hit of RogerGet on wake up.

I was initially screwing up your technique and found out something very interesting.:wtf:Aerial RogerGet FRC stops your vector direction and forces you to fall immediately:wtf: Which led me to another Unblockable set-up. That's the first time I noticed it and was just bringing it up for specualtion.

...u guys can really put Roger Get on use in real fight?~.~" i think i'm a noobs now for not being able to find good set up, aiming for the 2nd hit that hit low

Updated Header DAA technique Updated Header KSMH~K technique KSMH technique is VERY useful. Especially after I land a HS call back combo into c.S(1)~6P~c.S(1)~KSMH~K~RC~Unblockable for 130 points damage. It is a lot bigger payoff than only 60ish more damage for c.S(1)~6P~c.S(1)~2D~KSMH~RC~6S~B&B. I basically only use the 2D~KSMH~RC now after a Roger Rush corner pressure jumping 50/50. Only for big damage payoff as opposed to a 2K combo. Other than that I RARELY ever end a gatlin in a 2D~RC~B&B.

KSMH technique is VERY useful.

Is this corner-only? I remember seeing some midscreen followup in a vid and I can't find it. Also, I think there are a lot of ways out of that setup... most people are probably going to freeze and eat it though.

Other than that I RARELY ever end a gatlin in a 2D~RC~B&B.

Agreed, this was only ever a good idea in XX. Probably not even back then.

edit: Also, the setup I'm playing around with:

Behind Roger, low airdash j.K j.P j.K or jump land 2K, 2D 4123641236S, 9set, 421H, IAD, falling j.2S, land, air combo.

It's really hard though to actually hit a decent combo off of it if they know how to deal with imperfect Roger Rush setups.

The Mid-screen KSMH technique was originally called the A.B.A. technique. Yes you are correct, it works no matter where on the screen you are, there's just dif actions taken to make the Unblockable hit, Jump install etc.

The Roger Rush corner 50/50, I am usually just using 2D instead of 2K cause 2K scales SO BAD, Nothing like Millia's 2S :sad:. I'll mess around with the Failure During Maintenance knockdown as well. Frankley, I forgot it knockdown with the right set-up. Thanks.

EDIT

I cut this cause I'd rather not talk about ho to escape Buri Unblockables. There are a couple quirky ways that will work and shouldn't -_-. Besides having a Buri player in your circle of casual friends is a rare chance, so why should everybody know if they don't fight one regularly. I'll leave it up to whoever I play to figure the escapes out for themselves.

The vids are link'd by their name.

Just a question about that setup, how are you comboing into 5S? It's been my experience that in the corner, all setups involving Tragedy can be escaped by backdash -- if the yo-yo is spaced such that it hits perfect meaty, the second hit will whiff. If you space it out so that the second hit does happen, there's always a giant backdash window. Am I doing it wrong? This is off of both close 5S and 2D that I'm trying this.

You are correct. In corner this Unblockable is even more impractical than it is mid-screen. I only posted this Unblockable mid-screen for the precise reason your questioning. As far as what I'm hitting c.S(2) off of it a meaty 5K to stuff jumps and backdashes. There are many quirky ways to avoid the UB and yes backdashing is another one... Especially Pot/KY etc. As far as the 2D~Tragedy approach I almost always get the CPU to tech so I didn't mess with it. I"ll mess with 2D~632146+S next though.

OK, thanks for the clarification. I'm curious to know, what Roger Get setups do you actually use... I only really use the CH 6S setup and the 236K->K RC 7set setup. Anything else just hasn't been "solid" enough for me. Do you still find that it's pretty useful? I do use the move a lot as a poke...

Sign in to follow this