Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aaronyu2

Zappa vs Axl

And DW, you're right about Raoh. He actually isn't THAT big of an advantage vs Axl because it is still pretty easy to keep Raoh away. But he does have the threat of big damage going for him, and half the time I just try to use his super to do some damage (or set up the unblockable DA that never seems to work. But that's more because I suck.

I'd actually call Raou a liability in that matchup, but maybe I'm missing something. Meantime, be careful with the super, since it can also be stuffed by 5P.

2S and 5S can stuff axl with raoh. 5k still dodges low. The problem is you need to be awfully close to actually combo off of those moves. It's nothing special, because of axl's catches, but it's worth mentioning. c.S can combo into 6HS also.

2S and 5S can stuff axl with raoh. 5k still dodges low. The problem is you need to be awfully close to actually combo off of those moves. It's nothing special, because of axl's catches, but it's worth mentioning. c.S can combo into 6HS also.

Yeah, but raou's real problem is that he has no noteworthy fast overheads. Really, when fighting ANY raou, all I've ever had to do is block low, wait for the overhead, and faultless him out to zoning range. At that point, there's no point in throwing anything out unless he moves to do something, so, like most zoning matchups (HOS, Potemkin, etc.) it's much safer to wait and throw something out on reaction than try to pressure from far away and get stuffed. Unless you're ahead and trying to run out the clock, I don't see how raou can be useful here.

Sitting pretty in a crouch position against Raoh isn't as safe as you make it out to be. Because the moment Raoh throws you in the corner, you're going to get hurt for big damage. Also, Raoh's Dust is still pretty damn good EVEN if you block it. Not only does it not look like your typical dust, but it also gives you frame advantage on block, allowing you to continue pressure / frame trap / throw. I generally agree with what's said if Axl is keeping Raoh out from max range, but once Raoh gets in...

Phrekwenci: OTG Summon off airgrab isn't good enough?:psyduck: Anyways, can't remember if this was noted in the sticky (Can't believe it took me this long to figure this out) but Zappa can run under the first part of HOS's Rock It. If it's been noted, ignore me for being a retard:psyduck: Also, not sure if any of the new players know about all of Zappa's OTG options (I know theres the epic table of OTG Summon, but theres more options than just OTG summon). If anyones interested, I can try to detail it pretty well. And I have to say that Zappa has a pretty good advantage over Jam (since this is the new matchup thread lulz). He can Summon/6P/5K through nearly every attack, and she's easy to combo. But still, Jam has quite alot to keep the table level if the players good. Just throwing it out there.

Phrekwenci: OTG Summon off airgrab isn't good enough?

I suppose that depends on the height. But generally I feel it puts people at awkward positions with not a lot of time or space.

i think u can't OTG summon off airgrabs only at the highest point you can jump given that its actually a character that it works with

I think it works on everybody but Chipp =/

Eh, I've had problems with Sol and ABA as well with OTGs in general (not just airthrow, summon).

Okay okay okay... what OTG's specifically are we all talking about? Besides a OTG summon or 236K ghost toss I just go for okizeme.

Okay okay okay... what OTG's specifically are we all talking about? Besides a OTG summon or 236K ghost toss I just go for okizeme.

Uh, everyone was talking about the summon OTG for 3 orbs. I just added that I have problems hitting Sol and ABA with things after they are knocked down (i.e. sword: 2K, 5S, 2S, 5HS/6HS - ghosts: 2K, 5S, 2S, 236S)

Yeah, for some reason (Stupid Sol) I can't even get an OTG K Ghost on him most of the time. But that's because of everyone in this game having different weights & get up times & hitboxes & face down/face up differences & everything else that keeps people from just picking up GG =).

it doesnt work on chipp and a few others, i dont remember who exactly Try 2k->236k with ghost after an airthrow, somehow it doesnt hit if i dont add in the 2k to certain characters (like sol) its techable though, but usually players dont tech it, dont know if the tech window is extremely tight or what

Yeah, for some reason (Stupid Sol) I can't even get an OTG K Ghost on him most of the time. But that's because of everyone in this game having different weights & get up times & hitboxes & face down/face up differences & everything else that keeps people from just picking up GG =).

and for that, we love it

I can forcibly penetrate Millia w/ the trips, but she seems to stuff the sword easily(don't even want to discuss doggie - a Caesar Milan, I am not). Helps with swording her?

I can forcibly penetrate Millia w/ the trips, but she seems to stuff the sword easily(don't even want to discuss doggie - a Caesar Milan, I am not). Helps with swording her?

A quote from Bruce Lee should help on this one. "Act, don't react." She's was too fast for you to answer with anything, so whatever you do should be something you hope will hit. One of the best things to do against Millia is 5K. You'll more than likely stuff something and from there you can do whatever air combo you like.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QHwRVNJty4k (I just realized my vid may help you in seeing some things.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bdh_yFVT2PY (good sword work in the second match, end of 3rd and beginning of 4th rounds.)

against millia i like the triplets alot. IAD back and HS i great for halting her advances. also 236D helps keep her spaced. also, never forget how tiny he is during his run, it can make it very hard to combo him from air to ground. and also, the sword sucks against millia except for 623HS

if you say the sword sucks !!!! here are few tips: 1.do 6h followed by 2h it hits a lot of people " i tried it" :) 2.don't forget to FRC !! 3.let them come then 2s or 5s 4.stop reading start training!!

The sword is perhaps Zappa's fastest summon, so I'm not sure how it's bad against millia (the only one faster might be Raou). If the dp is your best bet against millia, then learn the FRC and make it your best friend, because you can't always have the summon you want. Learn the combos off your sword moves too, you never know when you'll get the opportunity in a match. ( with sword: 623HS FRC 2HS JC first hit j.K j.S JC j.K j.S j236HS for instance)

look, i wasnt saying that the sword cant be used against her, i just dont want it in this match...i feel the triplets are the most well suited to deal with her....

I know, but I'm simply suggesting you learn the sword too because your gonna have that match where you get the sword and not the triplets, so...

the 623Hs frs dash then S,(ji do 8) then 2Hs,sj, sksks jc sd 41236Hs gives more dmg :)