Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

I had not played too many 2d fighters. But Taokaka had me hype. I never really played her much, but she looked flashy and interesting. I guess BB introduced me to GG.

I got into the Soul Calibur community a couple years back. I've always liked fighting games, but it's the first one that i took past the casual level. At one of the forums, they have a general thread about other video games. While at work I saw the link for some BB vids. At first I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Eventually I was hooked and that's that.

Played GGXX on my Xbox, loved music, loved Dragon Install Sol rape

Googled Dragon Install, found Fu Rin Ka Zan

Found Bang and BlazBlue

"Oh wow this guy won't shut the fuck up."

/scroll through fanpages and youtube, keep hearing about this troll who's the God of Trolls

/come to Dustloop

Saw Hazama.

"Oh cool it's a troll, sure do wish I could play him"

/CS comes out

I nerdgasm everywhere. After playing him main for a bit, I got pissed that I had ass for primers, and was forever mashing the C button. End up taking the easy route to play a shoto.

Now I'm the red color scheme, super offensive Jin, and I still mash the C button T_T

I actually wasn't a fighting game player at all, I started along with everyone else that SF4 pulled in when it revived the genre. Found it not quite to my taste so I looked around for another current gen fighter, ta dah, Blazblue.

*Now that I think of it, my only experience playing GG was like 5 mins mashing buttons against the comp in some random arcade when I was a kid, think I picked Dizzy.

I actually wasn't a fighting game player at all, I started along with everyone else that SF4 pulled in when it revived the genre. Found it not quite to my taste so I looked around for another current gen fighter, ta dah, Blazblue.

Same here. I was only into SF4 fully for a short period. It was years since I played a previous one. But it got me into the competitive flow of things and influenced me to begin watching those youtube vids.

Ran into CT at the Anime Convention here in SLC Last year and liked it from what I played (Couldn't figure haku out for the life of me) And later that same year a couple of my buddies got it so I actually got to sit there and play it there. Though what seemed to clinch me playing the game was one skill. Fuu Rin Ka ZAN!

Yes. Oh gawsh yes!

Saw the trailer.

Saw Ragna's character's design.

Listened to his theme song.

Started to watch videos of pros playing it.

Went to the China Town Arcade in NYC, asked a guy if it was like Street Fighter. He responded with "Easier to get into, harder to master."

Decided to pick it up and enjoyed it ever since. :yaaay:

I read the story and character bios, listened to a couple of songs, decided to give it a try. I did not think that I would end up loving it this much.

Fooling around online for video game trailers till I saw Blazblue, an anime fighter, creative characters, and an story, that's what I look for an awesome game myself, and took me awhile to figure out that it was form the makers of Guilty Gear, then it was a must have for me.

It was. . .different *shrug*

That and the whole playing with 2 characters at one time thing pulled me in :v:

.... the need to put more cash into Aksys/Arc's pockets to try to get Guilty Gear back from License Limbo.

Not to mention Guilty Gear, Hokuto no Ken, Basara Cross and the whole Arc family of fighters.

Character designs, and having finally invested in a fightstick due to SSF4, I figured I should give it a shot and support the genre.

I'd also like to go on record as saying that I got into BB -in- -spite- of Guilty Gear, because I played GGX way back on the Dreamcast and found it pretty but no fun at all, so I had some misgivings going in.

One day my friend was like "dude have you seen the videos of this new fighting game BlazBlue? It's by the same guys who made Guilty Gear!" and I was like *rushes to preorder*

The tutorial DVD that came with the game really helped me get into it, and finally play a fighting beyond the button mashing level.

One summer played CT at a friend's house, had a blast playing d spammy Noel. Loved the character designs, got it the following Christmas.

Failed the project that was assigned for winter break that year.

Saw the vids of the first game before it came out. Looked flashy and cool. Thought "I suck at fighters but ehh... what the hell." Pre-order and the rest is history.