Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

How to airdash after the Chemical Love

This thread was needed because this is THE most frequent question that I-no players tend to ask. Here is Charred Chad's incredibly useful post:

Over time, I've seen a lot of people asking specifics about how to HCL, FRC, airdash, so I had the idea for this video, which covers only the execution of HCL, 6FRC6, nothing more.

Specifically, I try to give a clear look at precisely what's required in terms of input, & point out some things to be aware of when doing a jump installed HCL vs a tiger knee'd HCL.

If you can already HCL, 6FRC6 with little or no trouble, this video probably won't help you much. If you can't, hopefully it will.

HCL 6FRC6 Breakdown (3:08, 18mb)

This only illustrates using the 6FRC6 method, but I believe that to be the best and easiest way to get it off.

Would it be possible to post this as a .wmv or in some other format. I have a Macintosh and have been unable to get this to play no matter what codec or converter I try to use (I've tried about five) =(

Sorry for the flood, but can i ask if you can upload that video´s song anywhere? It´s amazing. Really good tutorial btw. Thx!

I'm flattered that you liked the song enough to request it, especially since, to be honest, I pretty much threw it together just so the vid wouldn't be silent, as I recorded all the footage with no sound at all. Well, here you go, & thanks for the compliments:

KA-GE-MA-TSU-RI (beta remix)

I like the remix too. I was the one that commented on your youtube vid.

Does anyone use her on a pad? B/c this shit is impossible

6,6 or 4,4 motions are easier and faster to pull off on a pad imo.

I think the whole thing is pretty difficult with pad (if you don't use confags).

lol beat me to it, I was going to say exactly the same thing.

Whenever I hear people talk about this topic, they always say 6FRC6 method is probably the best to use but don't talk about other methods. How many other methods are there?

Would a buffered 66FRC be viable or is it something else?

Whenever I hear people talk about this topic, they always say 6FRC6 method is probably the best to use but don't talk about other methods. How many other methods are there?

Yes could someone please at least give hints to the other options?

I can't get 66FRC6 to work.

I'm quickly becoming convinced that she's a skewed 360 character who also happens to be the hardest character in any fighting game in existance. Yes, harder than ROM infinites in marvel. Yes, harder than Bison swipes in cvs2.

lol beat me to it, I was going to say exactly the same thing.

66FRC works, but if you're doing jump installed CL FRC's, the timing is extremely tight, so getting into the habit of doing 6FRC6 is better.

The idea is to make it so your FRC is during your dash motion, cutting down the amount of time that I-No will fall. So basically, your input would be something like 6321476K 6FRC6.

Yes could someone please at least give hints to the other options?

I can't get 66FRC6 to work.

I'm quickly becoming convinced that she's a skewed 360 character who also happens to be the hardest character in any fighting game in existance. Yes, harder than ROM infinites in marvel. Yes, harder than Bison swipes in cvs2.

But its so worth it when u rape someone in 10 seconds with 2 combos with her, omg feels sooo good. keep practicing, if ur diligent and she is really the character for you, itll be so worth the suffering. When XX came out i pretty much didnt leave my room for weeks cause all i did was practice i-no combos, now i pull her ass backward "please stop hitting me" shit like Mortal Kombat dial-a-combos.

Does anyone use her on a pad? B/c this shit is impossible

Caveman used to play with the pad. And by play I mean rape. I don't think he used any special configs or anything either but I'm not completely sure about that. But honestly I don't think most people would have much success with the I-no/pad combo. Just sayin' it's possible. Note that a stick doesn't magically make it easy or anything though. Just more feasible, generally speaking.

6,6 or 4,4 motions are easier and faster to pull off on a pad imo.

I think so too, because your thumb (or fingertip if you happen to lay the pad down) needs only to make the tiniest little twitches to achieve the inputs, whereas a stick will almost always involve some type of full hand & wrist movement, however slight, & more distance from neutral to 6 or whatever, again, however slight. But, you can get more than quick enough with a stick to do most jobs, & it has a lot of other pros, so...........

For air versions (non-JI'd), you can do FRC66, which is what I used to do. For JI'd CL FRC's, FRC66 is near impossible. I've seen people speak of doing FRC+6, 6, but I've never really tried that much. Basically, there are 1 or 2 other methods, but unless you need adjusted air dash timing for an air CL FRC, might as well always use 6FRC6.

...if ur diligent and she is really the character for you, itll be so worth the suffering.

Mynus isn't kidding, it really does take a lot of suffering to get comfortable with her execution.......in training mode. You still have to keep it all together in vs play. What I find really helps is to constantly be thinking about how I can streamline my inputs, & practice them that way. Any buffer or shortcut or technique you can slip in there to increase fluidity & accuracy, & decrease margin for error, helps your execution by leaps & bounds.

lol : s i have only played GG on pad, the movements are easy, its basically what you are comfortable on. Can do the tks, frc dashes and everyhting ine with her. IMO , the reason people have issues airdashing is they arent 10% with the frc.

Is there anything wrong with hitting FRC+6, 6. Like am I at an disadvantage or anything? Or should I switch to 6, FRC+6?

It really all depends on how advanced you want to get. For Jump Install combos or combos off of her Throw FRC, 6FRC6 is necessary. The frames you save are pretty vital to pulling those off successfully.

If you're fine with just doing TK combos, then FRC66 is probably fine, but 6FRC6 wouldn't hurt either.

It really all depends on how advanced you want to get. For Jump Install combos or combos off of her Throw FRC, 6FRC6 is necessary. The frames you save are pretty vital to pulling those off successfully.

If you're fine with just doing TK combos, then FRC66 is probably fine, but 6FRC6 wouldn't hurt either.

Ah I see. Thanks for this. I'll try and switch to 6 > FRC+6 instead.

In some ways, that would be nice, but in others it wouldn't be so good. It would definitely help noobs, but veterans won't enjoy switching inputs so suddenly. It works well with Necro's anger because it wasn't used as often as a move such as CL (which almost every combo of I-no's revolves around). Chances?... ~20%

Actually, that would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind that change at all. Always I thought that was a bit much for special move.

This thread was needed because this is THE most frequent question that I-no players tend to ask. Here is Charred Chad's incredibly useful post:

This only illustrates using the 6FRC6 method, but I believe that to be the best and easiest way to get it off.

Awesome. I was eventually going to ask the same question >_>

lol : s i have only played GG on pad, the movements are easy, its basically what you are comfortable on. Can do the tks, frc dashes and everyhting ine with her. IMO , the reason people have issues airdashing is they arent 10% with the frc.

And I would totally agree with this if I was at 10% with the frc. I'm more along 70-80%. It's just putting the entire thing together that's a bitch for me. I can do the 6frc6 maybe 1/25-30 tries. But if I do launch, j.S, j.HS, HCL frc, iad, j.S VCL, it comes out like butter.

I'm gonna dance in the fucking streets if I ever learn these combos.

if I was at 10% with the frc/QUOTE]

Wait, did you guys mean 100% cos that would make a lot more sense.

Sign in to follow this