Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

How to airdash after the Chemical Love

It is good and bad. it is really easy to interrupt i-no's pressure, therefore resets with her have to be quick and discreet. good thing is if they block then free mix-up for i-no.

Pardon the interruption, but I have a question. My problem is that I can HCL 6FRC6 100% of the time, but only above a certain height (which I might describe as around the height of an opponent's head, if they were to play...say, Sol). When I try the jump-install/auto jump-install/5K TK-HCL combos, I cannot seem to get the air dash follow-up consistently. I'm just wondering, do you have to be above a certain height before the game allows you to air dash after the HCL, or ought I be able to air dash as low as I want provided I did the motions correctly? If I have to be at a certain height, what kind of technique can I use to help ensure that I'm not too low? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I figured out my problem. It appears that I wasn't inputting the first 6 correctly. It most likely showed up as correct on the input display because I was holding the first six and then releasing it as the FRC came out, or something silly like that. Now it comes out as it should.

I'd recommend to anyone that playing I-No will bolster your execution. I went back to Slayer for a bit, and was doing IAD j.k j.k's like it was some level 1 beginner garbage.

so are you gonna play her seriously? or were you just dicking around ??

lol. funny, I was messing around with slayer and that made me decide i hate links.. I mean could do 2k 2h bbu 5h iad j.k j.2k j.d but that about it...

so are you gonna play her seriously? or were you just dicking around ??

Yes, I fully intend to play her seriously. I think that I-No has a mixup and okizeme game similar to Slayer's, but is able to zone and establish a safe approach more effectively. I feel that this might help me in match-ups that require me to get on top of characters with really good reversals, such as Sol or Potemkin. She's also very fun to play, and I want to learn another character to the extent that I've learned Slayer (BBU combos into BBU...). I can already determine that it's helping my overall execution and technique immensely...minus the gatling combos. Those are easy mode.

well I dont know too much outside of slayer basic oki, but i know I-no has way more options than slayer those on opponents wakeup...but I know slayer gets way more damage especially with meter...

but i wouldn't really compare them, you know? its just...different types...

Afew things i found out about my time playing with 6HCL6

its easier to learn, MUCH easier if i had just practiced always doing 360HCL 6 FRC, instead of getting in the bad habit of doing normal HCL after my strings.

also she is alot, miles infact easier on pad, so far from what i've read i could do them alot easier on pad than stick which is what i use.

is there only 66FRC6 & 6FRC6 methods? or are there more, also i cant get the 66FRC method to work :S

66FRC doesnt work. you need just one 6 input after the FRC, thats why you dash split. You must be a robot of some sort if you can play her better on pad lol. I cant wait to see your blisters after a session or tourney.

Also, you should have been doing 360CL all the time from the beginning. good stuff for figuring that out on your own.

66FRC doesnt work. you need just one 6 input after the FRC, thats why you dash split. You must be a robot of some sort if you can play her better on pad lol. I cant wait to see your blisters after a session or tourney.

Also, you should have been doing 360CL all the time from the beginning. good stuff for figuring that out on your own.

I still play on pad... and I still don't get blisters.

Also, doesn't doing 360 in the air makes her double jump? assuming you used it on the first jump.

I still play on pad... and I still don't get blisters.

Also, doesn't doing 360 in the air makes her double jump? assuming you used it on the first jump.

This is true. I overlooked that lol. I guess after so much time playing the character its kinda like instinct not to 360 in air if you plan on FRC airdash.

Wow, that's good to know. Thanks for posting that. : )

Like one of the comments in that thread suggested, I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of players already knew this, but for someone new to the game (and we'll have an influx of new players soon), or someone that doesn't practice all the time, this is going to be news.

sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but with the ggac re-release I thought this would be relevant. I discovered some new info about this: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13721-jump-install-from-jump-discovery&p=1285676#post1285676

It's fairly common knowledge.

For those of you who want to learn how to use this, I suggest learning by jumping straight up and upon landing going immediately into 2S HCL 6FRC6.

Another common method to learn the timing from hoverdash is to wiff a j.H before going into a low (you'll see Ten do this quite often). However I find it easier if you can land a j.S and go into a combo. (to get air moves to connect to lows you need to input the move during the fall of the hoverdash)

In this vid you can see me jump installing from just about every piratical method. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EltJJLHUf2Y&feature=plcp&context=C4d877bbVDvjVQa1PpcFNZ5l59myeaiV9xSlJymMaipgA9Ysj9YVk= You can also see what the above link states where I hold a jump install through something that doesn't combo.

Also two other things worth mention. STBT S can be linked on certain characters (faust) to air normals such as j.K. What this means is it's also possible to do a dry jump install making things like STBT S, 8, 2S, HCL 6FRC6 possible. ...and VCL has some really weird properties that allow you to airdash from it even when it's not TK or jump installed. (do 5K or c.S > VCL and you'll see what I'm talking about ...but it also works from lows such as 2S ad 2D)

it's indeed waaay easier doing 5s vcl 6frc6 ad rather than 5k hcl 6frc6 AD and i think thats because vcl has 10 frames more untechable time so even if you don't tk or ji, as long as you are air borne, you can dash out of it in combo or just raw. i know personally when i'm in the corner and i want to do 5s vcl ad j.s vcl, i don't ji or tk once i have them in the air, i just input 5s 632146 s 6frc6 j.s j 632146s , as long as you do the 6frc6 part with the same timing as you would do it in a 5k hcl starter, it will work

I'm having a hard time doing 2k>2s>2hs> HCL> AD. You can't JI the 2hs so what's the timing on 6FRC6 off a regular HCL? Can you even do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20cCg2Ur25U&list=PL967DB1AFE75ECB10&index=1&feature=plpp_video The combo I'm trying to do is at 0:51 of this video.

Edited by 50-50罠

yeah, for the chemical love frc air dash to happen off a move that is not jump cancel-able, you have to install a jump somewhere before the 6frc6 happens...

whether it's from her hoverdash or manually inputting it like : 5k 8 5s 2s (2h) 6322146 k 6frc6 etc.... or 5s 8 2s etc...

always lovely to see new i-no players :v::IN:

this forum should get some more life once AC r drops and people want to play her

Yea, there is gonna be a influx of new I-No players... prolly a few that take the time to get decent with her. ...most will drop her after a month though :/

^^^its not necessary at all. HCL is a different story.

Huh? VCL is not auto-JI. JI or TK is a necessity. But the real question is...why are you using VCL frc iad? o_O

Sign in to follow this