Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Questions and Answers

This thread will be reserved for questions and answers. Although most stuff will be explained in upcoming Anji guides, there will still be some questions I'm sure. This is where they go. -TheSlyMoogle

Didn't know where to put it.. Hehe Hey I'm just getting back at playing Anji. I used him ALOT in the Slash era. But in AC I jumped on the Pot train of destruction... :/ (And Slayer rofl) What I liked about Anji was how easy it was to crank that guard bar to the max. It was very easy in Slash... What ways do you ppl use to crank it up? What's most effective? Gives easy rebutterflies ? etc :P EDIT: Hmmm This is what I've been doing lately ; 5S-2HS/6S-Shitsu-96-P-HS(at the same time as the 2nd and 3rd shitsu hit)-land-repeat It works ok enough just wondering there's better. I need to keep him "locked" while building it.. Even though it's not his role anymore, more mistakes are made ur guard bar is high hehe

...cranking up guard guage? That's not how Anji rolls anymore;; If you really want, you could go for 5HS - 5HS or 3S(single move that brings up guard gauge the most....which is 20 lol).

actually anji can still crank up the guard guage quite a lot in the corner if you use the right strings. as long as you're not fighting someone like baiken or sol -_-

actually anji can still crank up the guard guage quite a lot in the corner if you use the right strings. as long as you're not fighting someone like baiken or sol -_-

How so?

All of his strings have large gaps that can be beat by almost every character.

IN order for Anji to build guage he needs to use gaping and that is risky in itself

If you FRC the Fan super LOTS of guard bar is built up.

lol 75% tension. It's totally not worth it :v:

lol 75% tension. It's totally not worth it :v:

I think its totally worth it. I mean, what else are you going to use the 75% tension for? Force breaks? TK orb RC? Psh. Who does that? :toot:

How so?

All of his strings have large gaps that can be beat by almost every character.

IN order for Anji to build guage he needs to use gaping and that is risky in itself

well naturally there will be holes but as long as you vary the strings in an unpredictable fashion it's possible to get their guard gauge built up pretty high

maintaining steady corner pressure is more important than the raw guard build though. losing control of the pressure, for example by going for a high guard damage string that does not allow you to continue well, is not worth the risk. you'll have to take some risks but by analyzing your opponent you can figure out what variations are least likely to fail. sometimes if you realize you fucked up though it's better to just back off rather than press bad advantage.

maintaining steady corner pressure is more important than the raw guard build though. losing control of the pressure, for example by going for a high guard damage string that does not allow you to continue well, is not worth the risk. you'll have to take some risks but by analyzing your opponent you can figure out what variations are least likely to fail. sometimes if you realize you fucked up though it's better to just back off rather than press bad advantage.

You don't usually go for raw guard building usually;

Different re butterflies, changing mix ups.. Those usually lead to to either;

High guard bar or a potential combo.

If you play Anji and don't do ANYTHING involving risks you should change character IMO, not aiming towards you Tiamat(since Sol is a sob lol).

You can easily switch as well, first string go for raw guard meter that ends in a good re butterfly. Then a normal run up mix up. I do consider that a way of figuring out your opponent.

Analyzing your opponent is one of the biggest rewarding things for Anji I think..

A easy very "doable" re-butterfly could be as easy as;

Throw, shitsu, 6S, IAD, j.HS, 2HS, butterfly

There's alot of places you could mix up in that string ALOT,

6S, IAD, j.KS~D land or orb

6S, IAD, j.KS, land continue pressure

6S, IAD, j.HS, 5K tick throw, or simply land throw, 5K, 214P

6S, IAD land mix up

Anyway point being,

Anji could just as easily build the guard bar up, keep the opponent guessing and do a re-butterfly.

Or you fuck up and get hurt... Cuz ur Anji..

It's harder to do strong guard dmg strings into shitsus against characters that can go UNDER shitsu like sol with GV and ky with stun dipper, it's much easier to deal with ppl jumping over it cause as long as you aren't too close you are still advantage. Ky is still a lot easier to pressure than sol though because he can't reversal stun dipper on wakeup to beat shitsu...wait this isn't the matchup thread x_x

It's harder to do strong guard dmg strings into shitsus against characters that can go UNDER shitsu like sol with GV and ky with stun dipper, it's much easier to deal with ppl jumping over it cause as long as you aren't too close you are still advantage. Ky is still a lot easier to pressure than sol though because he can't reversal stun dipper on wakeup to beat shitsu...wait this isn't the matchup thread x_x

Ky is almost as good as Sol on shitsu wakeup.

2S can beat alot of his movements.

If Shitsu is done TOO close Ky can just do any normal and then use 6K or 6HS. Basically any move that moves the animation forward.

BBU and ky's stun dipper do not work as wakeup reversals against a Shitsu that is right on top of them. if shitsu has a little ways to travel they can work though, such as from crappy knockdown like normal rin or something. I'm not sure where this myth that BBU works against shitsu oki came from but it doesn't even though I've heard it multiple times. from blockstrings they can work though. while where's at it, testament's GD FB is like that too in that it does not work as reversal but does against blockstring > shitsu

BBU and ky's stun dipper do not work as wakeup reversals against a Shitsu that is right on top of them. if shitsu has a little ways to travel they can work though, such as from crappy knockdown like normal rin or something. I'm not sure where this myth that BBU works against shitsu oki came from but it doesn't even though I've heard it multiple times. from blockstrings they can work though. while where's at it, testament's GD FB is like that too in that it does not work as reversal but does against blockstring > shitsu

Im not talking about reversals Im just talking about situtations where Anji's can't do and good poke to beat my poke since hes in the recovery. Do any fast poke and then use a move that sends your animation forward

You can 6p ky out of his dp on wake up. If not CH then you can continue string into pressure...but if you do land the 6p its free whatever especially near corner or close from half screen then you can land into fujin loops into knockdown without using any tension at all. But after the CH they float long enough so you can land close 5s > s fujin > k >...start loop. Sweep goes under VT everytime but not that great since the follow ups leaves you at 50/50 disadvantage but the Ky player will have the better option regardless. So better to go with either bait~hit confirm>then mixup, 6p...keep in mind the timing is very important. Just don't get greedy with the run ins after butterfly, play it safe and patient then mix things up here and there. Also little side note about butterfly traps, chances are when the opponent notices that the butterfly trap is too far away, ex: any long combo into ON or high ON grab > Butterfly > HS fujin....is easy to catch BD and can follow up with S to make it safe if they block. Great way to close that gap between you and the opponent. Just a little note that can come in handy at times.

what kb said ^^ , tiamat what dh means is that ppl can use moves that move their hitbox forward to get out of it in the corner take hos for example when u shitsu him he will do 2s and chances are hes gonna beat w/e u throw out there so the usual response is bait the 2s and block it and let the falling butterfly hit him and go from there well instead of letting that happen he can do 2s it gets blocked and he can cancel it into 6h where his entire body frame moves forward and the shitsu will miss him completely by going over the arc of his body ky can do something very similar with nething like 2k into 6k which makes him take 2 steps forward and move out of the falling part the way to deal with this is u have to ib the first hit be it 2s or 2k and 6k the second hit 6h or 6k but this is kinda hard specially since im not at a lvl where i can ib stuff everytime or nething like that

Just to add to what Kenji said: It's a good idea to catch those BD from butterfly, after the opponent eats this occasionally though, they're going to look for another way out of the butterfly mid-screen, or just guard. So once you catch them mid-screen once with HS fuujin, then it's time to think about some other options too, depending on the character you're facing. More than likely if it's a DP character they will DP the butterfly the next time. Also a lot of this is also how your opponent plays too. You just kinda have to feel for it.

Exactly right sir, around here we dub HS Fujin as the "Horizontal Shoryu". lol