Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

do you guys play on arcade lobbys in europe? I only play on the arcade just above greece because everywhere else is lagging so much.

Just the one near the UK, anything else is bad times.

Tru dat, although id luv to get games in with the other hakus but lag does get bad...& hey sixwingedangel how u doin?

Well, I've heard that people can get playable connections even from the UK to US, so I'm willing to try and see if it works.

I'm usually terrible at guessing what people are gonna do. Most of the time I'm trying to manipulate them into doing something I can use.

Sad I didn't get to do any decent OD combos, I was definitely fishing for a few near the end.

All the OD combos I try just end up being the same as my normal combo.

I need to actually look at my combo thread.

Well, I've heard that people can get playable connections even from the UK to US, so I'm willing to try and see if it works.

luv to play u mac and the rest of the guys, hopefully make my game better from learning from u, hit me up.

Tru dat, although id luv to get games in with the other hakus but lag does get bad...& hey sixwingedangel how u doin?

hahaha fine dude, well I am brother of Six, *the other who plays haku* we just have the same PSN :P lolol

All the OD combos I try just end up being the same as my normal combo.

I need to actually look at my combo thread.

Yeah me too, actually I never try the double shippu stuff to do over 8k dmg xp

I've had 1 bar connections with people in New York, and it's been....okay. I also used to play Shinsyn in CT all the time, back when I was even worse than I am right now and it wasn't amazing but it didn't make me want to kill myself or anything.

luv to play u mac and the rest of the guys, hopefully make my game better from learning from u, hit me up.

All right, I'll add you on PSN and we can see if it's playable.

I've had 1 bar connections with people in New York, and it's been....okay. I also used to play Shinsyn in CT all the time, back when I was even worse than I am right now and it wasn't amazing but it didn't make me want to kill myself or anything.

I have 1 bar connections with people in New York and I'm like 2 states over. :v: Comcast... sigh. All depends on how the two particular connections work out.

5c zantetsu xN, Game is hard

Zantetsu teaches you to block high :D

The next step is blocking Hop Tsubaki.

That happens to me by accident on stick.

"All right, he's gonna 720! Hop Tsubaki time!"

Empty hop.

And I'm always right about the 720.

You think I'm gonna hop tsubaki but it's actually empty hop into grab, let's go!

That's a lot more than what I get out of a failed hop tsubaki attempt. Usually I just end up standing there in front of them looking stupid and doing nothing.

Zantetsu teaches you to block high :D

The next step is blocking Hop Tsubaki.

That was me against Ragna's 6B combos in Extend.

QQ moar Ragna player. :P

i think netplay still has my fraud hakumen as top dan char on the card

What does that make 6D then.

The "screw the rules, you can't do that at neutral!" tool post-patch? It's gonna be harder to punish it if you just throw it out there.

I have been thinking ever since the 1.1 patch notes came out...

What does Mori want us to do with the drives?

So basically, since CP we cannot combo of drives, because apparently that's too strong?

But we can, if we spend that 1 magatama we just certainly got for doing a successful counter?

Does he want us to combo of counters or not?

Is it too strong to have reversals that change sides of characters and have combos, or what is this craze with having a hold-A-follow-up-to-drives?

If so, why is 6D so fucked up? 

What am I missing? (;・∀・)

Whether you like to admit it or not, being able to deal the damage that Hakumen does without having to confirm that you caught someone with a counter would be silly. All you'd have to do is make the read. If you're wrong, you either do or don't get punished b/c his drives don't have a lot of recovery (outside of pre-patch 6D). If you're right, you don't have to react to the fact that you're right...the counter does the rest for you. 

I myself used to think that was somewhat silly. You get meter for being right and a free combo without having to visually confirm that it landed. And this is off of a reversal: a defensive option. With the way it is now, you have to give up that magatama you would normally get in addition to the combo in past games just to do said combo, one that won't even connect if you didn't confirm that the drive caught them in a position where you can follow-up (or you can just guess if you want). You can always opt for a 5D/2D into Shippu if you choose to do so, but that actually has a downside, as it deprives you of 3 magatama overall. I think that's completely fair.