Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Anji Discussion Thread

k, I just got done practicing gatling -> shitsu on every chara, and this is what I saw can punish Anji for it

a * next to the move means timing is tight

Anji - 236H (free combo!)

Axl - 63214S

A.B.A. - 236P/D (only dodges, you can block anything she thros out after, and might be able to throw her)

Bridget - Nothing!

Dizzy - nothing! (in theory, I didn't test this)

Eddie - 214K

Venom - 2141236S (can be blocked after first hit though), [4]]6[s, [2]]8[s

Testament - 41236S/HS (FRC into combo :vbang:)

Robo - 2K*

Potemkin - nothing!

Slayer - BBU, 214K FRC

I-No - 41236S*

Order Sol - level 3 214S hits for free combo :vbang:, level 2 214S crosses up, but leaves open for throw, level 1 214S ends up directly in front of Anji

Johnny - 236H (lol...) 236S

May - 3K

Ky - 236K

Baiken - S counter, H counter :vbang:

Sol - GURANDO BIPAH!!

Jam - Parry*, 236S (you can block followups though, luckily)

Zappa - 66, lol (if he has Raou out, free 214S :vbang:)

Millia - 214K, 236S (FRC for combos :vbang:)

Chipp - 236236K

Faust - 236236S

I know its messy, but this is what I found

there are some important variables to consider such as blockstun of the move you did into shitsu, as well as the distance. just because they can do something does not mean that they will do it, either because it's at a distance where they can't do it by reaction, or because you've got something that covers you

okay im workin on some new combos

but i need to know realistically

for 25% tension, whats a respectable amount of damage on a AVERAGE dmg average weight char?

best i found thats im tryin to make on my own

(corner, on sol)

5k 2s 2d 236s-d (catches em in air from sweep's fall, they slide) 6p ON! (155 dmg)

can i expect much higher?

(edit, just noticed is is similar to the combos listed in tiamats guide... just was looking for something different, lil easier execution and a new combo to throw in alwasy good things to have)

--- side side question ---

2d 236s, it does slide on hit if you get em while they are still falling... and you ever MEATY the p (236s-p) and if you can, good idea or no?

depends on whether they are in the corner or not, but generally 5s 5hs 236hs, D -> 236hs -> 5k 5s 623hs. Not the most damage, but generally ends in knockdown. In the corner, it's 5s 5hs 2d 236s, D -> 236hs -> 5k 5s 623hs. Ends in corner knockdown, works on most people. Umm, dmg is around 160-170 i think. Don't expect alot form anji. Butterflys, 5k's, 2k's, etc, tend to prorate alot i think.

I once saw a completely badass anjimito player on you tube, saved his matches to my favorites but there not there anymore, I was wondering if anyone could give the url to watch the vids again or if I could get the player's name. I think the player was japanese, the matches were three on three, his team was ( I think ) anji mito, potkemkin, may, he BEASTED the other team, and he used a double butterfly 50/50 set up. If this sounds familar PLEASE post the url up. Thanks guys, later.

depends on whether they are in the corner or not, but generally

5s 5hs 236hs, D -> 236hs -> 5k 5s 623hs. Not the most damage, but generally ends in knockdown.

I think it's the most damage you're gonna get and the damage on that is more around 200ish I'm pretty sure.

when really close to corner instead of doing 2D into FB rin, you can just do Nagiha instead and frc or RC it. if you FRC you can fujin loop a little on most chars and if you RC you can do 236H KS On like normal

I once saw a completely badass anjimito player on you tube, saved his matches to my favorites but there not there anymore, I was wondering if anyone could give the url to watch the vids again or if I could get the player's name. I think the player was japanese, the matches were three on three, his team was ( I think ) anji mito, potkemkin, may, he BEASTED the other team, and he used a double butterfly 50/50 set up. If this sounds familar PLEASE post the url up. Thanks guys, later.

This was ANG. He is so awesome with Anji's complex technical stuff. It was on filmzee's account and unfortunately his account got suspended by youtube. :(

This was ANG. He is so awesome with Anji's complex technical stuff. It was on filmzee's account and unfortunately his account got suspended by youtube. :(

Awwwwww, shitty. That account name sounds familiar. That video made me pick up Anji Mito, Ang (?) his shit is soooooooo sick. Does he have any other videos on youtube?

what is the typical followup after frc nagiha in the corner? 236s - loop - 5S 5HS. I haven't practiced much, but the timing is kinda tricky. Nagiha too late and you can't frc in time, nagiha too early and you whiff it.

5S after nagiha frc it's kinda tricky, not really essential by any means but good to have in arsenal to save some meter. if you RC though it's easy as hell to do anything you want

does anyone know realistically the frame window on j.s autoguard? it sounds interesting... and baiting a vv into a autoguard reserval sounds fuckin SWEET, just for gimmicks though... not for serials lol also, i know its a bad move... but is trying for autoguard with 6h ever a good idea? even if i got the tension to RC it for safety? i know some some moves it aint bad if the startup is slow and/or noticeable but i was curious on the consensus i lovers the 19 frame window it has, i wanna throw it into my game... cuz timing 6k instead for the safety aspect can suck a fat one (i learned the frc point either way... nag nag nag) - - - - discussion thread? hmmm well im doin more 2d 236s on combos now... and its helpin my mixup a ton, since if i aint using his lows.. im using his overheads i sneak that 3p in there pr-et-ty stealth hehe and i have been known to drop a orb or two ^_^ or 4... or 7... or... SHUT UP I HAVE A PROBLEM OKAY?!?! but can you blame me ? how funny is it when you orb, and orb again to avoid jams puffballs likes mad? :) or perhaps a overdrive i rather not eat (ie: slayer superman bullshit super hehe) anjis too fun... ill never be able to not do the fun things :(

jS autoguard only active when you have almost reached the ground so you'll get hit by VV before it activates in all likelihood. as for 6H, it's not a horrible move just not a particularly good move either. it does have an frc point on it for safety and combos. it is a very late frc though. on coutnerhit 6H gives you combos which happens for me every now and then, and then I drop the combo cause i don't react in time and my jump install looks like no attacks with just me jumping up, lol. even though it is unsafe, since it is not a popular move you will probably get away with not being punished for it a lot. there are some situations where you can take advantage of the autoguard on it in butterfly oki and stuff I think. I've seen it every now and then that after knockdown > butterfly they will do 6H, which is certainly backdashable but beats some stuff and has ok guard build you mean you're using his orb to stop your momentum in the air to dodge things? lol just use jD, it's like 100billion times safer

ya, orb to stop mid-air!! wooo!! nah i use j.d now when im being serious.. but MAN i love the orb move its my fav anji move, easily.... TK that shit all day, or fuckin around and see how many you can get off 1 jump, or see if i can clash vv with it more then 4 times in a row (the current record) its totally neat, just it kinda totally isnt as good as my playstyle reflects lol... but hey, TK = neat overhead oki.... butterfly - crouch to give em a fakeout of a 2d, then TK that shit all day its not ...horrible... at least o, btw tiamat you next post will be number 1337... make it fuckin epic (checked your profile to find out your local, i love doin anji anji mirror.... ^_^ just was curious)

just curios, how many of you guys use 3s cancel? I've been seeing it a lot recently on videos, especially off butterfly hits where it is easy to set up. Looks damn sexy. And thanks for the slayer tips, i've been faring a bit better.

Ive been messing around with air combos and i remember a vid ( i cant find it know where the anji relaunched after a air combo by bringing them to the ground and recomboing them. I noticed on sol for ex. I can SJ KSH delay RC J.S 5p ON, i know its 50 percent tension but it could turn into something good. ill go look into it more later 2nite.

Help Help Guys, Theres A Terrorist In My Room And If I Don't Tell Him Dust Combos For Anji Hes Gonna Blow Up My House What Do I Do.

you click the link in my sig and look for it in the combo section at the beginning those are the two most basic combos but there are others of course. you can even combo to fujin from impossible dust...

Here is link to video of ANG beasting Pot with double butterflies that was requested earlier (if it is still of relevance) http://youtube.com/watch?v=LXxaWCMXnsI

And here is the other video of ANG beasting entire team http://youtube.com/watch?v=GkZpxAZuz7Q

I remember having them favorited from Flimzee before, then one day I couldn't find them :P Luckily I remembered the titles. Anyhow, enjoy!

yeah, it's difficult for me to get consistently. you have to time the jH correctly after the jD while still being close enough for it to hit, will always knockdown if you manage to get it. it's not much different than if he had just done a simple On corner drop, but it set up the FB shitsu better. sorry if that's a bit vague

"Half Nakedness" has combos like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp4cO5i2vMY

maybe I should try practicing them again, they do set up the FB shitsu pretty damn nice...

I was wondering, is there a limit of distance on double butterflies? I have a problem doing it very close to the opponent. I can hit it fine near 6S max range, but when I get closer, around 5S range, I can't do it at all. Has anybody confirmed if there is a minimum range to this? I have been messing around with double butterfly with the CPU not guarding the first hit. It seems to throw off the timing for me.

I don't double butterfly much (almost ever, lol), but I'm preeeetty sure theres no range limit, but obviously the timing on it is going to be distance dependant, and considering its only 1 frame, its definitely not easy to do :psyduck: