Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

Welcome to the updated Norcal Install Thread!

LATEST INFORMATION/NEWS!!! (Please Check Thread The Day Before For Finalized Setups/Schedules!)

[updated March, 2012]

Norcal Install Stream Link PROVIDED BY FINEST KO: http://twitch.tv/finestko

NORCAL INSTALL WEBSITE: http://norcalinstall.wordpress.com/

Follow us on twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/NorcalInstall

Easy Link to this Thread: http://tinyurl.com/NCInstall

Facebook page: http://tinyurl.com/NCIFacebook

-----------------------------------------------------------------------NEWS--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It goes without saying, but the main update places now are at the official website, the facebook page, and the twitter. Do not expect updates to the front of this thread, this thread is now a question and organization thread.

FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS:

As a PLAYER:

-Pre-register online at norcalinstall.wordpress.com, or pay on site.

-Anticipate the morning traffic, leave reasonably to arrive before 12 PM.

-Have your name and money ready in cash for all tournaments you are entering.

-Label all equipment. There have been misplaced items recently and naming or tagging equipment is the best option.

-If you cannot make it exactly at 12 PM, you must be paid for by a friend in advance or risk disqualification from the event.

As a TO:

-Show up before 12 PM with a Laptop that has TIO Tournament Organizer.

-Will shut down sign-ups exactly at 12 PM (To the end of the line). Have laptops ready to receive user data.

-Tournaments start promptly afterward. Get something to eat beforehand, do not leave without notifying myself or GameCenter.

As a PLAYER WITH A SETUP:

-Depending on your equipment provided, you may be discounted from the venue fee by a margin.

-Follow the PLAYER instructions above.

Hosted by GAME CENTER, check out their website for location and parking information: http://www.gamecenterarcade.com/

Tournaments start/Registration ENDS at 12PM.

Thanks for your support.

• Tournament times are separated by intervals to allow for multiple registrations across games.
  • PLEASE SHOW UP ON TIME. For casuals and warm ups, PLEASE ARRIVE AN HOUR EARLY.
  • Setup & Streaming Equipment Crew Please Arrive Before 11:00 AM.

EVERY TOURNAMENT WILL START EXACTLY AT 12:00 PM. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT AT THAT TIME, HAVE A FRIEND SIGN YOU UP AND PAY FOR YOU.

Tournament Start Times:

Melty Blood: Actress Again Tournament- Registration Ends @ 12:00

Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus Tournament- Registration Ends @ 12:00

Blaz Blue: Continuum Shift Tournament- Registration Ends @ 12:00

Arcana Heart 3 Tournament - Registration Ends @ 12:00

Game Center Venue Fee: 7$ A Person

-------------------------------------------------------------SCHEDULE OF EVENTS-------------------------------------------------

NCI SCHEDULE FORMAT

The first Saturday of each month is usually the official Northern California schedule of games:

- Guilty Gear AC (Hosted by qwerty/KatanaDash)

- Melty Blood AA (Hosted by Tsubasa)

- Blazblue CS (Hosted by Aginor/Spirit Juice)

- Arcana Heart 3 (Hosted by Tsubasa)

2011 Season Schedule

List of Possible Venues:

San Jose State University, CS Club Room, Macquarrie Hall, MQH 227

DeVry University, MAIN DEVRY BUILDING, Room 101 A-B

Game Center, San Mateo, CA

December

October 10th (12/10/11): GAME CENTER, San Mateo, CA

Streaming Schedule VERSION 3 (February Heartful Experiment Edition, Subject to Change):

(For Each Tournament Stream, Stop at Top 4 or Designated Time Frame [Whichever Comes First] then Extra Time into Casuals)

FINEST KO STREAM SCHEDULE:

12:00PM - 1:30PM Melty Blood: Actress Again

1:30PM - 3:00 PM Guilty Gear: Accent Core

3:00PM - 4:30 PM Arcana Heart 3

4:30PM - 6:00 PM BlazBlue Continuum Shift

Tournaments TOP 4 Start Immediately Afterward:

From 6:00PM:

Melty Blood TOP 4

Guilty Gear TOP 4

Arcana Heart 3 TOP 4

Blaz Blue Continuum Shift TOP 4

THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS: CATHERINE TOURNAMENT!

~Chun

Equipment Count Totals and Recognitions For Setups: <January 2011 Date>

Overall Display Count:

HDTVs - 4 (Chun, Coopa, Blk_mage, Devry Club Providers(1))

CRTs - 4 (Honnou, Tsubasa, Devry Club Providers(2))

Overall System Count -

PS3 - 4 (Chun, Coopa, Blk_mage, Devry Club Providers(1))

PS2 - 4 (Chun, Honnou, Tsubasa, Devry Club Providers(1))

We are in need of CRTs. GG and MB will not be run on HDTVs.

Current Cumulative Ranbat Standings for Northern California Ranbats, Season 3:

(Results up to 1/8/11)

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

1ST: CopperDabbit - 10

[10/10 (4), 12/10 (2), 1/11 (4)]

2ND: DacidBro - 6

[10/10 (2), 12/10 (4)]

3RD: Spirit Juice - 5i

[10/10 (1), 11/10 (4), 1/11 (i)]

4TH: WallJumpMan - 2

[1/11 (2)]

4TH: 2 GB Combo - 2

[11/10 (2)]

6TH: Chun - 1

[12/10 (1)]

6TH: Crosell - 1

[11/10 (1)]

6TH: OrionXElite - 1

[1/11 (1)]

9TH: Whiteboywilly - 3i

[10/10 (i), 11/10 (i), 12/10 (i)]

Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus

1ST: magz - 10

[10/10 (2), 11/10 (4), 12/10 (4)]

2ND: Honnou - 8

[10/10 (4), 1/11 (4)]

3RD: ehuangsan - 7

[10/10 (1), 11/10 (2), 12/10 (2), 1/11 (2)]

4TH: tenkai - 1

[11/10 (1)]

4TH: ZeroXOZ - 1

[12/10 (1)]

4TH: Sims - 1

[1/11 (1)]

Melty Blood: Actress Again

1ST: YAT - 12

[10/10 (4), 11/10 (4), 1/11 (4)]

2ND: Dakanya - 5

[12/10 (4), 1/11 (1)]

3RD: Tsubasa - 4

[10/10 (2), 11/10 (1), 12/10 (1)]

4TH: tenkai - 3

[10/10 (1), 11/10 (2)]

5TH: ehuangsan - 2

[12/10 (2)]

5TH: Sims - 2

[1/11 (2)]

Arcana Heart 3

1ST: Japan - STACK OVERFLOW

since jake's going to japan, i'm actually running gg at nci this weekend. and last i checked, next month as well.

qwerty, after this weekend, I need you to hold me to this; I want to get halfway decent at GG, which means I need to make it out to Rod's gatherings (or wherever else they are, if open invitation)

Any one I don't make it to that I could have, I need you to tell me I'm a dick for. That's really all I need from you, you down?

PS you can't spell n***** without gg

quick question, who the hell is Dacidbro using in GG anyway? o.O and you guys haven't decided a place for the later NCI,huh? Hmmm...

quick question, who the hell is Dacidbro using in GG anyway? o.O and you guys haven't decided a place for the later NCI,huh? Hmmm...

Man Dacid has the most shitty Sol I've ever seen. He hits Gunflame FRC like 20% of the time cause hes terrible at everything.

EDIT: What the hell are a bunch of PS3 players gonna do with copies of Halo: Reach:psyduck:

EDIT: What the hell are a bunch of PS3 players gonna do with copies of Halo: Reach:psyduck:

Sell it?

And, while I may have missed it, I haven't seen anything on how much this is going to cost to enter

Those times SHOULD be accurate if PEOPLE SHOW UP ON TIME. Last time everyone was jerking off or something and showed up WAY later than they should have. Everyone showing up late is what caused people to GET MAD and CRY over how the stream went.

Well until someone actually gets DQed for it, it won't change. Problem is everyone here is friends and no one wants to screw their friends. :psyduck:

Ok I can see people having a hard time making it to a 10am ranbat like these started out as, but man, when people don't need to get here till 3pm, kinda stupid to wait on them if they can't make it by then unless of course there is notice ahead of time of said lateness for a GOOD reason, not "i overslept by a fucking hour and left people waiting at Willy's house" if people can't make it by 3 or 4pm for BB, fucking DQ them. I dunno how bad people are punctually for GG and Melty so I can't have an opinion.

Ok I can see people having a hard time making it to a 10am ranbat like these started out as, but man, when people don't need to get here till 3pm, kinda stupid to wait on them if they can't make it by then unless of course there is notice ahead of time of said lateness for a GOOD reason, not "i overslept by a fucking hour and left people waiting at Willy's house" if people can't make it by 3 or 4pm for BB, fucking DQ them. I dunno how bad people are punctually for GG and Melty so I can't have an opinion.

Man sounds so familiar....

qwerty, after this weekend, I need you to hold me to this; I want to get halfway decent at GG, which means I need to make it out to Rod's gatherings (or wherever else they are, if open invitation)

Any one I don't make it to that I could have, I need you to tell me I'm a dick for. That's really all I need from you, you down?

sounds good.

Yeah Qwerty is going to run brackets for this NCI, I have too much shit to do before leaving the country on tuesday. I will prolly show up to NCI for some time, but I'm not sure if I will enter the bracket... need to be able to leave if something comes up.

Big thanks to Qwerty for taking up the slack, NorCal gg's OG bracket runner. get hype!

I might actually be able to come to this, if I can convince my mom to give me a ride. Also, can anyone help me put my art on my stick? :/

I might actually be able to come to this, if I can convince my mom to give me a ride. Also, can anyone help me put my art on my stick? :/

Is it a te? If you have the art all cut out I'll bring my hex wrench and we can take it apart. Its a pretty simple process.

Is it a te? If you have the art all cut out I'll bring my hex wrench and we can take it apart. Its a pretty simple process.

Its a SE and I'll need some materials wont I? :/

Good News: I have a ride to NCI

Bad News: I have no ride back home or at least someone to take me to Gilroy.

hrm, se modding process is different. I'll look into it a little bit and see what is needed. I'll pm you any info I find on it.

Entry Fee for this iteration has been updated.

Tournaments are run on PS3 setups, casuals will be run with spectators on 360s.

Also, in regards to being on time; please come on the assumption I'm going to be strict. If we seek to become bigger we must start getting into the habit of holding a slightly more professional attendance hour than a holding for all friends.

That isn't to say there isn't any flexibility, but starting the habits should make things overall easier.

~Chun

This Month's Entry: 2$ to CS Club, 2$ to NCI Funding, 4$ Per Tournament

I.E. Entering BlazBlue only: 2$ + 2$ + 4$ = 8$

I.E. Entering BlazBlue and Guilty Gear: 2$ + 2$ + 4$ + 4$ = 12$

I.E. Not Entering Any Tournaments: 0$

Also, Microsoft has provided copies of Halo:Reach as part of the tournament prizes for the top ranked players. Let's thank Microsoft for their generosity in regards to this event!

Current Projected Streaming Schedule:

Melty Blood Registration ends at 12 PM

Guilty Gear Registration ends at 2 PM

BlazBlue Registration ends at 4 PM

(For Each Tournament Stream, Stop at Top 4 or Designated Time Frame [Whichever Comes First] then Extra Time into Casuals)

12-2PM Melty Blood Tournament Matches

2-4PM Guilty Gear Tournament Matches

4-6PM BlazBlue Tournament Matches

6PM-?? Top 4 Melty Matches

Then Guilty Top 4 Matches

Then BlazBlue Top 4 Matches

highlights for discussion. discuss.