Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1-CSE] Hazama QnA and Tidbits Thread

I'm not too good with Hazama, but I'll try to answer your question. When doing 6da > 4da > j.8da > 623d I normally either drop the j.8da and go straight into 623d from 4da. Or depending on my opponents height I May do 6dA > (6dA or 4da) > 4da > 623d.

After wallbounce 236d if your close enough you can follow up with 5c > JC > J.c (5) > 2c > 4dd > J.c (5) > Hirentosu. Or you could go into TK Hirentosu combos from the 5c iirc. Following up with 5dd is only recommended if your too far tor the 5c link. Then you can do 5dd > j.b > j.c (2) > JC > J.c (5) > Hirentosu.

Those might not be the most optimal combos but it's what i use

I'm not too good with Hazama, but I'll try to answer your question. When doing 6da > 4da > j.8da > 623d I normally either drop the j.8da and go straight into 623d from 4da. Or depending on my opponents height I May do 6dA > (6dA or 4da) > 4da > 623d.

I usually just go into Jakou after 4da, was just a bit curious of how it works if i ever need to do it for some reason.

After wallbounce 236d if your close enough you can follow up with 5c > JC > J.c (5) > 2c > 4dd > J.c (5) > Hirentosu. Or you could go into TK Hirentosu combos from the 5c iirc. Following up with 5dd is only recommended if your too far tor the 5c link. Then you can do 5dd > j.b > j.c (2) > JC > J.c (5) > Hirentosu.

Ye i was thinking when you're too far away for a 5c. So i take its better to go for j.c and hirentotsu.

When trying to do 6da > 4da > j.8da > 623d I often find myself out of range for Jakou, am I just supposed to delay the other chains as much as possible to make it hit?

After wallbounce 236d is it worth going; 236d > 5dd > j.b > jc > j.b > RC > TK Hirentotsu > etcetc

Well I quit Hazama awhile ago but to answer your first question: it depends on the character and the situation. That combo piece is very easy to do on Noel, for example. Generally speaking, if you can't get it then you need to delay Jakou or j.8D.

That combo is really heavily prorated (Jabaki has very bad proration) so I'd say that it's probably not worth the RC. Take your knockdown.

I'm having a hard time with this string: 4A+B > 214D~D > j.6D~C

49.95% of the time I land the j.6D after they tech, so the original combo was lost (in training mode with the AI set to tech asap). 49.95% of the time I wiff the j.6D completely. And 0.1% of the time I land it properly. Is there a trick to this, or does it just have a really tight timing?

Make sure to jump forward before j6D~C.

If doing it against Valk jump neutral.

If against Rachel delay the j6D~C or sj forward.

I think Carl or Platinum or Tager had some specific stuff too but can't remember it right now.

I don't find the timing strict, as long as you cancel stance asap you just need to understand after how long you can actually jump (stance cancel's recovery can be kinda odd at first).

I'm just doing the training against Bang since he's who is used in challenge mode. I'll start practicing it by using 9 for my jump, but I must say, the delay after the stance cancel is driving me NUTS.

Okay, I'm starting to get it more often now. I input 214D~D as fast as I can right when Hazama kicks Bang, then hold 9 and roll my thumb to 6 as soon as I see Hazama jump and hit D. Still unsuccessful more often than successful, but improving.

Not sure which forum to post on so ill have to bend the question a little:

How does Mu's lasers affect Hazama when he interupts Yato no Kagami with Mizuchi? Will it hit you out of it if timed poorly?

Not sure which forum to post on so ill have to bend the question a little:

How does Mu's lasers affect Hazama when he interupts Yato no Kagami with Mizuchi? Will it hit you out of it if timed poorly?

The lasers won't do anything to Hazama during Mizuchi. He is completely invincible through the entire attack if the first hit connects.

I recently picked up Hazama as a main, I am currently playing against an equally skilled Arakune(which isnt saying much). I know a couple midscreen meterless combos a combo with meter and corner combo. However I find it hard to get the starters off, I looked through the combo list and it doesnt clarify very well what Hazama's BnBs are

My partner knows a couple pre-curse combos for arakune and a curse combo. So our games are generally me zoning him pre-curse until he makes a mistake and I can get in there with an ouroboros.

So in short what are hazama's bnbs on the ground to pressure? and also what is a good combo to be able to relieve pressure when they are in your face?

Edit: Also, would anyone be willing to play with me on XBL and give me some pointers on what I'm doing wrong other than not knowing exactly how to follow up with combos?

@zinfu

Read this post first to get an answer on what to do with Hazama as far as hit-confirming goes.

Otherwise, Hazama's pressure is really free-form if you want it to be due to how many of his normals are jump-cancellable on block. Recalling things from Guymam and Mike_napalm, a few standard pressure tools and mix-ups are 5B > 5B frame-traps, 5B > 6A or 6B, 5C > 214D~(A or C), and dashing 2A into tick command throw. Hazama also has a really easy way to get people off of him. Any normals into 3C > 236D will blow your opponent far back (assuming they're not with their backs to the corner). This resets your spacing/zoning completely and allows you to move however you like.

Tick command throw doesn't work in this game due to the nerf it got and it's pretty much useless aside from the corner. I doubt you'll be doing it to anyone due to how much players 2A these days.

Okay, I'm going fucking nuts over here. I swear my left thumb has gotten arthritis (okay, overstatement, but you get it) trying this combo over and over and over for hours at a time

4B+C > 214D~D > j.6D~C > 2C > tk j.214B > dash 5C > j.C x 5 > 2C > tk j.214B > (dash) 5C > 2C > 214D~B*

And I STILL CAN NOT land the dash 5C after the first tk j.214B, and I only land the 5C after the second tk j.214B rarely while I spam C as fast as I possibly can (I turned teching off). What am I missing?

Perhaps someone knows of a combo video that includes this combo?

What are Hazama's best pokes in certain situations? What is his best poke for keeping his opponent out? Applying pressure? Also is his 236D safe at max range?

Okay, I'm going fucking nuts over here. I swear my left thumb has gotten arthritis (okay, overstatement, but you get it) trying this combo over and over and over for hours at a time

4B+C > 214D~D > j.6D~C > 2C > tk j.214B > dash 5C > j.C x 5 > 2C > tk j.214B > (dash) 5C > 2C > 214D~B*

And I STILL CAN NOT land the dash 5C after the first tk j.214B, and I only land the 5C after the second tk j.214B rarely while I spam C as fast as I possibly can (I turned teching off). What am I missing?

Perhaps someone knows of a combo video that includes this combo?

The TK loop FAQ/Guide has some good tips all around for these kinds of problems. Here's a video example of a similar combo.

What are Hazama's best pokes in certain situations? What is his best poke for keeping his opponent out? Applying pressure? Also is his 236D safe at max range?

Hazama doesn't have any real decent mid-range pokes. His longest-ranged ground normals are 2B and 3C. Hazama doesn't really have much in the way of keeping an opponent out if they approach by ground, especially if they have long range ground normals. Again, though, that depends on the range. If they're a good distance away from you, you should be bullying them with chains like 5D, 6D, j.5D and j.6D. It also depends on the matchup or health difference at the time whether or not you want to approach or just be lame. If they approach by air, count yourself lucky. 2C and 214D~B stuff many air normals and specials for free. If you're feeling particularly daring, you might even hop up and air-throw-counter them for a full combo.

For pressure, most of Hazama's normals in close-range are godlike. 2A and 5B are +1 and +2 on block respectively and have good hitboxes. You normally want to start with 2A so that you can have the most freedom with advancing your pressure string.

And no, don't throw out 236D at max range. You can just hop back and throw out a chain for a better effect. Hell, if you're going to throw out raw 236D, you might as well just throw out 3C instead. It's got almost the same range and you get rewarded heavily for a counter hit.

Not sure if its relevant but from personal experience i'd say spamming 5c whether or not you dash before is risky. Thats how i failed to learn the loop the first time around.

For the ...dash 5C > j.C x 5 > 2C... make sure 5c launches them as high as possible, as i dont think you can get it so high tk.214b whiffs. (Correct me if im wrong here)

Also try doing the combo from the other side. :kitty:

Everyone should do stuff > Houtenjin > zaneiga lv2 > 6A > 665C > 2C > tK loop instead of the other combo. This guarantees corner carry and for some odd reason is much easier to loop than from 6C > 5C > jc stuff.

The TK loop FAQ/Guide has some good tips all around for these kinds of problems. Here's a video example of a similar combo.

Hazama doesn't have any real decent mid-range pokes. His longest-ranged ground normals are 2B and 3C. Hazama doesn't really have much in the way of keeping an opponent out if they approach by ground, especially if they have long range ground normals. Again, though, that depends on the range. If they're a good distance away from you, you should be bullying them with chains like 5D, 6D, j.5D and j.6D. It also depends on the matchup or health difference at the time whether or not you want to approach or just be lame. If they approach by air, count yourself lucky. 2C and 214D~B stuff many air normals and specials for free. If you're feeling particularly daring, you might even hop up and air-throw-counter them for a full combo.

For pressure, most of Hazama's normals in close-range are godlike. 2A and 5B are +1 and +2 on block respectively and have good hitboxes. You normally want to start with 2A so that you can have the most freedom with advancing your pressure string.

And no, don't throw out 236D at max range. You can just hop back and throw out a chain for a better effect. Hell, if you're going to throw out raw 236D, you might as well just throw out 3C instead. It's got almost the same range and you get rewarded heavily for a counter hit.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Now I can vary my playstyle more because I usually just play lame because my lack of knowledge on his upclose game and well, playing lame is the best way to play 8)

I'm having trouble with the Hirentotsu loop, i don't know if i'm doing it wrong but i can do it once but when i try to combo in a second loop i can't get it to red combo.

Everyone should do stuff > Houtenjin > zaneiga lv2 > 6A > 665C > 2C > tK loop instead of the other combo. This guarantees corner carry and for some odd reason is much easier to loop than from 6C > 5C > jc stuff.

That 6A is quite troublesome to get right, since it's height dependant, therefore, doesn't work with plain Zaneiga.

Gotta work with dat 6C j.Cx5 2C timing :|

That 6A is quite troublesome to get right, since it's height dependant, therefore, doesn't work with plain Zaneiga.

Gotta work with dat 6C j.Cx5 2C timing :|

It's not troublesome to get if you just time your zaneiga right. If you hit them at the highest point, it shouldn't be any problem at all.

I think he's saying it's hard to make it work unless it's after Houtenjin > Zaneiga. I've been messing around with 6A myself a couple of days ago and I don't think I ever got it down after a raw Zaneiga, after CH > Zaneiga etc.