Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roldy

Vs. Eddie

I don't see an Eddie thread, so I decided to make one.

If anyone who still plays Venom has any advice against Eddie, it would be greatly appreciated, since I have no clue how to fight him.

Don't stand still, don't summon balls unless you KNOW you're gonna be safe. You can't play against eddie like most characters. Its one thing to not want to block, but against eddie you have to be afraid of even being put in blockstun, cuz one things leads to another leads to double unblockables leads to dead. Abuse teleport, tk ball summons and keep moving around. If you can take out little eddie with a ball then you can compete in the poke wars, but only then. Venom has the tools to run and pressure eddie, but so does eddie in reverse, and he tends to have priority from neutral from anything short of full screen.

Some good things to know are 2147X for a tk ball summon into movement, or tapping a K ball summon with j.P. These are just to avoid getting countered by his reflect as you can go under a ball if its reflected, not to mention from that angle it makes it harder to time. His reversal options are almost as bad as yours. You can 2D under his dead angle and if you get deep enough on oki, his reversal super will whiff so go to town once you get knockdown.

Be careful you don't leave yourself open if he starts FD'ing your strings. If you're not paying attention it leads to eating a drill into eddie pressure :(

You have to remember you don't control the middle ground in this match-up. You want to be max distance or in his face. Venom's anti-air options are amazing, but eddie's air to ground is great in its own right. If you don't hit him soon enough 6P or c.S will lose outright to his j.K and j.S. And he can do shenanigans with the teleport into the ground.