Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Rev

[CSE] Platinum Q&A/FAQ Thread

~The Big Cirno Edit~

Remember to check the combo thread and the wiki before asking a question! Chances are, you'd learn what you wanted to know, and more.

Q1. How do I chain 6B?

6B chains into most everything on normal hit, so long as you space it properly due to the whopping 13 active frames of the move. If it connects at the maximum range of the attack, you have about ~12 frames to connect another attack. This would include dashing 5A, 5C, 2B, standing 5B etc. At lesser than max ranges, you can still connect a dash buffered 5A or 5C, but the distance has to be recognized, otherwise the opponent may recover. Though, even if they block it, they'll usually be forced to block once more, resetting your pressure. On counter hit, nearly any normal can chain into it.

Q2. How much have Plat's combos changed from CS2?

Not much. Her main changes are added repeat proration to 2C, and removed repeat proration to 6C, so you'll be using the former less, and the latter more. You'll also notice that due to this, her 2C loops are completely gone, and in most situations, her old 6A > 22C combos are replaced with 6A > 6C > 22C. 2C is only used once per combo, so if you hit 2C CH, you can't go the bubble combo path (as it would require another 2C). Rather than her old combos being changed, she's gained many new starters, due to her item upgrades (like CH Cat, Bat, upgraded hammer j.D, etc). Check the combo thread and the wiki for additional information.

Q3. How do I combo out of [...] > 2C > 214C > 6C > 22C?

You have to delay the 22C so your opponent gets hit by the end of the animation, towards the very last active frames. This way 22C recovers faster, and you can follow up with an attack. It's fairly easy in weekly prorated combos, but in highly prorated situations, getting 5C towards the end of the combo (5C > 6A > Mami) may be difficult.

Q4. I keep dropping [...] > 6C > Swallow Moon > j.C > 22C > 5C! The timing is too weird!! How is it supposed to work?

The timing is definitely something to get used to, but it's pretty easy once you practice it enough. The idea is to time both the Swallow Moon at the correct mid-height, and the j.C so your opponent is close enough to the ground. Unlike 22C directly from 6C, or from 2C, it will always connect immediately after j.C if you time it and Swallow Moon properly, you don't have to time them both separately (in fact, you can't, in most situations). If you cancel into Swallow Moon too quickly, no matter how well you time j.C the resulting 22C will whiff on certain characters. If you cancel into Swallow Moon too late, they'll land before your j.C connects.

Q4b. What about for Hakumen? I seem to be timing it properly, but it whiffs every time!!

Hakumen is a tricky subject. This combo is mostly universal, but a few characters like Hakumen, Bang, or Lambda require special timing (usually they have to be extremely close to the ground

In situations like that, you have the option to go the Mami > 6C > 22C path, instead of 6C > j.236C > j.C > 22C. To explain in more detail, because their lower hitboxes are higher than other characters, you can 6C > 22C immediately, and still follow up with a 5C (and when timed perfectly, 6A > 6C). An example combo path would be 3C CH > 5C > 236B > 6C > 22C > 5C > 6A > 6C > 22C > 5C > 6A > 236B > 3C > Oki.

Q4c. Okay, I tried that instead. 6C > 22C > 5C works, but I can't connect the second 22C! Why not?

This combo path is much more difficult than the former, so it may take longer to get used to. In most situations, slightly delaying the second 6C after 6A will help you connect 22C easier (just be careful not to delay it too much, as the 6C will whiff). Though, at the same time, some characters like Lambda are easier to hit this combo on than others, and require less/no delay.

Q5. How difficult is Platinum to play?

Though Platinum can be played in a relatively simple manner, her complexity comes in proper item usage, spacing, and pressure, both dealing and taking. Her 5A stagger becomes infinitely less auto-pilot in CSE, due to both the system nerf on jabs (only 3 in a row), and her 5A being reduced to -1 on block. This means you'll have to take much more care in pressure, and dictate the flow of the match quickly. Plat's pressure is still very good, but it's also very disrespectable in many situations, especially if your opponent has a DP. You'll also need to refine your defensive game, as there's many situations where Plat is forced to block, as she has no easy-access reversal (Bat is randomly acquired and easily baited, CDT is 50 meter).

Q6. What should I follow up Air Persia FC with?

Air Persia FC can be, and should be followed up with 5C if you connect at mid to low height. If you hit it too high, though, you'll need to connect with 5A instead, as 5A should always connect.

Q7. Does Platinum have any burst-safe combo options?

Sure! Anything into Miracle Jeanne is burst safe, so long as they burst immediately after they get hit with the attack before the super (if you start the super after their burst startup, you can easily react as you'll see them in it during your super animation). If they didn't burst but you still expect them to, you can buffer 5A and hold back. If they burst immediately after Miracle Jeanne, your 5A will go through their burst, and you'll recover in time to block. Remember to not try to jump block after the 5A whiff, as you'll get hit by their green burst during your jump startup.

She also has some paths with 236A, mainly after 2C. 2C > 236A > 5C on a standing opponent in the corner is a guarenteed burst-safe combo so long as they burst anytime after the 2C, but before the 5C startup. If they burst right before or during the 5C startup, you'll get hit by the green burst (or won't be able to react to it in time). On an air hit, they have to be mostly close to the ground for you to connect with 5C on a normal hit, but on CH it's a free confirm. Midscreen, normal hit 2C > 236A > 5C is hard to pick up on certain characters, as you'll crossunder them awkwardly and your 5C will whiff. CH makes it a lot easier to confirm for both midscreen, and air hits. Naturally, you may not be hitting 2C raw on a grounded opponent often, so it's usually after you catch someone with bubble oki. Corner 214X > 2C > 236A > 5C > 236B > stuff is nigh-guarenteed in most situations, midscreen can be made possible on most characters with 214X > 66 2C. Keep in mind to buffer the 5C right as you land from 236A.

Naturally, though not a part of 'burst-safe combo options', you can always bait a burst the normal way (jump cancelling a jcable normal (eg: 5A, 5C, j.A), jump forward holding 4AB for barrier to block the incoming burst), but you often end up dropping your combo/losing pressure in the process. It's normally less advised if you can choose otherwise, but it is your call to make: eg; they have nearly no life left and you hit a starter that will surely kill them, and they have time to react to it and burst? There's a good chance they will, but it depends on the player. Decide after feeling them out for a bit. Check the Wiki Frame Data page for the full revolver action table.

Q8. Where's an image for Plat's full color palette set?

Right here. (Thanks to Kurushii)

*steps in with a stupid question* Haven't been around for a while so I wouldn't know. If Plat still believed to be coming out later this month or was the first post just not edited?

Well, she should be coming out in december. There is still no release date for her yet though.

Where did you see that she was being released in spring? I'm not doubting you I just really hope i dont have to wait till spring to play with her... :(

Is there a way to select Platinum's voice or is it random?

I"m not really sure at the moment. She could be like V13 in CT where she talks strange when she is fighting Ragna and she talks normal when she is fighting everyone else except Ragna

can someone tell me if platinum going to be patched for bbcs console on spring?

or

is platinum only for bbcs2 aracde and future bbcs2 console release?

Platinum is going to be patched for bbcs in spring.

Wait so bbcs2 is it's own game I was under the impression that it was gonna be a big patch...

BBCS2 is a big patch and not a "own game".

I"m not really sure at the moment. She could be like V13 in CT where she talks strange when she is fighting Ragna and she talks normal when she is fighting everyone else except Ragna

Well that sucks since I can't stand her shota voice :gonk: Please someone confirm if it really is random, HeartNana?

Still she'll definitely be my second main - ~moe ~moe trolling is just too gdlk to pass by.

From the video evidence we've gotten, I'm pretty sure that it's random. I thought that maybe we would hear Trinity's voice against Hazama, Haku, Valk, or even Bang, but guess not.

..What?

The only vague connection that a dog has with the word 'pero' (or at least the phonetic sound 'pero') is the Spanish word for dog which is spelled perro with two Rs and not with one.

Pero Pero is a reference to Peropero Candies or candies you can lick. Lollipops are an example of Peropero Candies. In this particular case, the 'lolli' in lollipop is a pun on the word loli, which is slang for lolita or lolicon. 'Platinum is a loli hahaha', 'Peropero', etc. etc. Laughs all around.

Now excuse me while I leave this topic out of embarrassment for explaining that entire thing in detail.

No. It's your choice

Well, t'was more of a joke to see who actually knows about Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and the Astral reference..