Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yggjrasil

[CSE] Platinum Critique Thread

May have been asked in many threads before, but havent seen a post during fast skim.

How does one get Bubble > 6C > Pogo?

I've tried 6C> 236A and 6C > 22C but I can't connect with anything.

You have to knock the opponent down during the combo in order to do 22C on him. Try 236B-5C-2C-214C-6C-22C.

i wish i could understand what they were saying but you seem to not use enough mixups.

Alright obviously this is just my opinion, however I felt that your mixup was too predictable, you liked to do most of your instant overheads and mixup off 5c which gave your opponents a spot to look for whether to block high or low. You could try using tk swallow moon more, I know its risky but good players will know not to mash and will show some respect so you can get it in, just don't do it all the time. I saw you throwing away hammer more often than not, in my opinion that's a bad move since glide throw to me is an incredibly valuable asset. You make good use of your items that you keep, keep it up. your neutral game needs some work, but that will come naturally with playing the character. The only thing I have to say specifically is in the second round of the last match, when you caught that valk with jd and hit with 5c afterwards, you could have gone straight into hammer loop, it works midscreen (i've done it, land a jd with hammer midscreen with 50 meter you RC that shit for 4-5k) its just strict on spacing and timing. It's also character dependent as I found out the hard way... forget if it works on valk or not, if not then ignore this, haven't tested everything on the whole cast yet.

I would like to say thanks alot for the feedback and I will take the comments on board :)

Here's a match for fun. How to use Plat J.2C on that Aqualunged lolicon. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HwFjAdJaw

Now that is what you call corner pressure, he could of just mashed INFERNO DIVIDER :L

Imma' have to try that shit out sometime, it reminds me of my 6C corner tech-trap loops with Noel, lol.

The funny thing is once I saw that I was getting counters off of j.2C, I had to stop and Barrier block for just in case if he did mash out Inferno Divider. I actually guessed right and he did. :P

Alright, I've finally managed to get an EzCap and got it working and everything. Even still, I apologize for the sub-par quality, as I'm still not sure how to optimize the output.

Now, keep in mind that the only knowledge of how Platinum plays is through Challenge mode and watching others play Plat, so...I'm kinda running off the cuff as far as BnBs and the hammer loop goes right now, that and I main Tager who plays so much differently than the characters that can double jump and dash...either way, help out my game! And yeah, they got progressively better as they went along. You'll see me do more and newer stuff through each match. :x

vs. Hakumen 1

vs. Λ-11

vs. Taokaka (Achievement unlocked: For Whom the Bell Tolls)

vs. Hazama

vs. Hakumen 2

Jin vs.

vs. Jin

vs. Λ-11 2

vs. Litchi

Alright, since nobody bothered to respond in over a week...perhaps something fresher against a more skilled opponent might pry some kind of input.

Tager vs.

Alright, since nobody bothered to respond in over a week...perhaps something fresher against a more skilled opponent might pry some kind of input.

Tager vs.

i was going to give you critique

then i saw you were using english plat

DJ Koopa, don't use heart car on a blocking opponent. It's -24.

You will get CH and you'll be sorry.

I would tell you Platinum Strats but I'm also in the middle of learning Plat my self.

i was going to give you critique

then i saw you were using english plat

I hate the fact that Platinum practically never talks in English (unlike in Jap where Plat is the one who calls out every special) instead of Luna or Sera, but I still like to understand what the hell is being said if only for hype during the match. "Not too shabby, huh?"

DJ Koopa, don't use heart car on a blocking opponent. It's -24.

Yeah, I kinda figured that out rather quickly. Especially considering I main Tager. :|

Yeah, don't. You can 1 or 2 times if you have rapid, but it is getting really predictable. Change your corner combos sometimes. I see you do ...214C > sjc > jC > djC... ender. Try to do 214C > 236B > 214B (the second bubble gives you great oki, and will help you keep your opponent at bay) from time to time again. Also, don't press 5A too much when it hits it can effect Platinum's combos. Can't say much about the items since you didn't get many.

My comfortable (to the)corner combo is usually like ...5B > 5C > Mami Circular(Rapid) > 66 5C > 2C > 214C > sj.C > j.C...ender. Enders usually being either a fail attempt at the Hammer Loop (I still don't know how to get lv3 on the second launch), a falling j.Pan > j.C > j.Pan for oki, a single Bat/Cat Hammer/Missile for the other three, and if I have the bomb then 236Axx.

I don't really know what's safe as far as other things go, I've watched some go 214x 22C and then some...other stuff I can't remember, but I get lost when it comes to not mashing the bubble. The timing is so strange for that.

As for the 5A mashing, it's either for cheap blockstring to try and get them corner-bound, or I mix it up with random command grab when they're too set on blocking. Either way, a visual Hammer Loop tutorial might help a bit. I'm still none too comfortable with freestyling as Plat like I am Tager.

Hello I have a question, trying to complete Platnium's challeges I'm trying to do the rapid cancel to 6C, after 33C...the problem is I can do it but it won't connect with 6A after Aerial 6C. Any suggestion at what I'm doing wrong? Also would anyone like to play me sometime I would like someone to rate my platinum so I know where to improve.

Hello I have a question, trying to complete Platnium's challeges I'm trying to do the rapid cancel to 6C, after 33C...the problem is I can do it but it won't connect with 6A after Aerial 6C. Any suggestion at what I'm doing wrong? Also would anyone like to play me sometime I would like someone to rate my platinum so I know where to improve.

There are no rapid cancel combos to 6C and there is no such input as 33C, either is there such thing as a Aerial 6C. What challenge are you trying to do?

Plus, this should of been asked in the General thread or F.A.Q thread.

There are no rapid cancel combos to 6C and there is no such input as 33C, either is there such thing as a Aerial 6C. What challenge are you trying to do?

Plus, this should of been asked in the General thread or F.A.Q thread.

3C > 22C > Rapid > 6C does combo. It doesn't really do anything that 22C > Rapid > dash 2C > 214A/B/C wouldn't do, though, except not use the bubble.

I'm going to assume that he means the challenge where you're supposed to do something like 3C > 22C > Rapid > 6C > j.236C > j.C > (land) dash 6A > Mami Circular or something. I don't recall exactly how it goes, but it seems fairly familiar to me.

It's worth noting that the challenge inputs do not list dashes, even when they are required to connect the combo the way they demonstrate them. If you're having problems doing a challenge combo midscreen, most of them work in the corner with no dashing involved.

But yeah, that aside, probably not the right thread. Oh well.

Have the 22C land on its last frame and buffer 66 before the 6A.

Learning to micro dash aka buffering 66 into your attack really fast is important to learn, you will be doing it without realizing it.

My turn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubY0bp1_hrI&feature=youtu.be

Things that I've noticed I did wrong:

- Dropped that first Dream Sally combo near the corner because I thought that it would work against Ragna at that range like it does with other characters who have huge air hit-boxes.

- That Pan 5D during that block-string near the end was me trying to do a command grab and failing lol.

Well, I didn't notice anything too bad besides the things you noticed and some obvious hits missed (like that 6B or 5B while you were in the air). Actually, there are some cool combos that I've never tried, so I don't think I'm in a position to criticize you.

Meanwhile, I took part in our last CS2 tournament with moderate success, even taking the second place in the newbie matches, which is nothing short of a miracle. I even got some replays for you guys to make fun of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0M79kcHp4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pM09MZgCuU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJG30slbjlM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKtvEa9UkTc

The things that I did notice and am ashamed of:

- GODDAMN STOP SPAMMING HEARTCARS IT'S NOT A MIXUP TOOL GODDAMN THIS IS PAINFUL TO WATCH

- Had no idea how to follow up the midair pan (I got better after the matches, though).

- Some dropped combos here and there, need to work on my input.

Was I using the command grab and 2B too much? What were the ways for my mix-up to be better?

Since I am going to sleep soon I can't watch those videos but I will say this:

if you use j.B>j.C>j.B>j.C or other air nonsense then you can do j.D>falling j.C>236AxN after.

It works almost all the time.

1. Props to you using "A World Without Logos" for the first match, shit was baller.

2. Be careful about using Dream Sally oki/Swallow Oki against Hakumen when he has 2 or more stars, it's pretty dangerous, Spark taught me this the hard way. He really doesn't have to block it. :vbang:

3. You handled yourself pretty well in that match-up. I was impressed! Good shit,Moy!

Yeah, I have to ease down on the TK mix-up against Haku. TK Hotaru hurts and it shuts down every option that stems from TK Swallow.

Yeah, I have to ease down on the TK mix-up against Haku. TK Hotaru hurts and it shuts down every option that stems from TK Swallow.

Start throwing in a Barrier Guard and they'll learn to respect it. Once they start eating a punish every time they hit you out of it, they'll just start blocking themselves. Obviously, you still really need to be careful, but you can still incorporate it into your game.