Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Combo Guide and Discussion

Interesting F.Pan combo I saw on acho. Sorry if this has been posted already. Starting in the Corner.

j.D(pan)> IAD j.C > 22C > 5C > 236B > 6C > j.214C delay > j.C > 22C > 5D > 662C > 22C > 632146C = 5604 Damage requires 50% heat to use but all those 22Cs, it's a Urichinan tier combo.

A note about this combo. Some characters tech immediately after the last 22C leaving only a short window to do Cure Dot Typhoon. Try to buffer CDT during 22C to catch them from teching.

FYI.

Depending on the range, 6B > 5C will connect without the need of a dash.

Doesn't work on Mak,sadly. Weird ass hitboxes.... Doesn't hurt to do Dash 5C for safety reasons though.

EDIT: It does work, SOMETIMES. It depends on her standing animation.... still, should use dash 5C for insurance.

Question, which I don't know if it's been answered already:

The 236B>5C>2C>214C>6C>22C:

My first issue is that after 22C, the opponent techs, so maybe it's a 22C timing thing?

Is it better to do 6A or 5C?

If I hit with 6A, I can easily do the jB>jC>djB>jC>236AAA finisher.

If I hit with 5C, I kinda drop the Air combo above. Does it need an sjB or something?

And oh yeah, for the 6C>22C of the basic corner combo, I heard it was different for most of the characters. Which one should I practice on with their average hitbox? For Ragna, the bubble should be later, and for Tager, 22C should be earlier. Is there an average whose timing applies to most of the cast? I'm thinking Noel or Jin.

My first issue is that after 22C, the opponent techs, so maybe it's a 22C timing thing?

If I hit with 5C, I kinda drop the Air combo above. Does it need an sjB or something?

And oh yeah, for the 6C>22C of the basic corner combo, I heard it was different for most of the characters. Which one should I practice on with their average hitbox? For Ragna, the bubble should be later, and for Tager, 22C should be earlier. Is there an average whose timing applies to most of the cast? I'm thinking Noel or Jin.

1. With 6C > 22C, You have to hit with 22C's last active frames for you to be able to combo off of it. Make sure you delay 214C a bit for that the 6C hits them just right for you to use 22C's last active frames. if you it them too high with 214C, 6C will whiff. Hit them too low, 22C will make them tech early. Oh yeah after 214C you should backdash once to space your 6C correctly too.

Using 6A makes you loses out on a whole bunch of damage you could be doing with 5C.

2. As far as practicing 6C > 22C on the cast, its all about how you land 214C as explained above. As far as I know, Plat's timing with 6C > 22C is the same with everyone. You can practice on anyone and it'll work on everyone without fail. Now the Hammer Loop however is a different story with certain characters... I hope this helps you!

An opponent teching after 22c in the above combo is purely a timing thing. If you do 22c too late, they'll tech before you can hit them with anything else.

I'm actually not sure if 5C -> air combo needs to be SJC'd, but it's not a bad idea to do that on habit, I don't think, just in case you have a hammer item pulled up and you can combo into the hammer loop (which does require a SJC).

As for hitboxes, I think Bang has one of the more middle-ground hitboxes. The timing for most characters doesn't differ too greatly, but it's worth noting when you have to 22c against the larger characters (Tager) and smaller ones (Carl).

edit: also, yes, as the next post says, delaying the bubble a bit is necessary. trying to 6c->22c someone from the max height bubble is a very ineffective idea.

That have been answered on the 1st post and check this out -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkwHHucKg8 ... haven't tested on the whole cast, but i'm certain to make 6c>22c easier, u should delay the bubble, on Jin/Noel Case, u'll probably need to delay it more than Ragna... but for me i'm just practicing on Ragna, and the timing for other character just came out naturally

and air combos after 5c need to be super jump canceled or u didn't get the full combos

Oh yeah after 214C you should backdash once to space your 6C correctly too.

a backdash or a quick step back? i've never seen a backdash used to space the 6C before.

on that note, how long do people usually backstep in the combo. i've had some problems where i stepped back too much

a backdash or a quick step back? i've never seen a backdash used to space the 6C before.

on that note, how long do people usually backstep in the combo. i've had some problems where i stepped back too much

It's all done by eye, most of the time you only need her to take about 3 or 4 steps.

If I can ask

You have landed Mami in the corner. What combo do you personally use? I'm just wondering which is the most Popular / Effective.

If I can ask

You have landed Mami in the corner. What combo do you personally use? I'm just wondering which is the most Popular / Effective.

If I don't have the Hammer, 5C-2C-214C-6C-22C-5C-jB-jC-jB-jC-236Axxx. Disregard oki, acquire damage.

I'm interested in other options, too, so post away, guys.

Depends, If I have 50% and I land Mami Circular, and my next item is Missle, I go for the SUGOI Install combo that does at least 8k+ or I just do the combo that SoWL listed on characters that have a DP.

EDIT: Nvm, I cant seem to find where that combo is... but it's here.

I almost always go for oki (5c 2c 214c etc.) or cycle my items out (5c 214d 6c etc.). If I have the pan loaded, I usually go for pan combos, and if I have the hammer loaded, I go for hammer loops.

Every now and then I try for gimmicky resets. :v:

Depends, If I have 50% and I land Mami Circular, and my next item is Missle, I go for the SUGOI Install combo that does at least 8k+ or I just do the combo that SoWL listed on characters that have a DP.

EDIT: Nvm, I cant seem to find where that combo is... but it's here.

Is this the one you were looking for?

Miracle Jeanne Missile Corner Combo

236B > 5C > 2C > 236236D (Missiles) > j.D > 22C > 5C > j.C > jc > j.C > j.D > 22C > 5C > j.C > jc > j.C > j.D > 3C > 632146C (8065 Damage, -50 Heat)

I almost always go for oki (5c 2c 214c etc.) or cycle my items out (5c 214d 6c etc.). If I have the pan loaded, I usually go for pan combos, and if I have the hammer loaded, I go for hammer loops.

Every now and then I try for gimmicky resets. :v:

What pan combo do you use in the corner? I only use pan for Mid > Corner combos and overheads.

When I land a 5C > Mami or just a raw Mami in the corner I do:

(5C >) Mami > 5C > 2C > 214C > (Walk Bak) 6C > 22C > 6A > 22C > 5C > Air Combo 1/6A > 236B, which does almost 6K if I remember correctly, whether or not I go for Oki all depends on the person I'm fighting and the situation.

What pan combo do you use in the corner? I only use pan for Mid > Corner combos and overheads.

Mami > 5C > 2C > 214C > 6C > 22C > 5D > 66 > 2C > 22C > 5C > sjc j.B > j.C > jc j.B > j.C > j.D > j.C > j.236AAAA

5930 or so. Not sure about heat gain.

Out of curiosity, I just tried adding a third 22C in, and it works. So, if you're really confident about your 22C execution (I'm not :v:), you can adjust the combo and do ~6250. Again, not sure about meter.

Mami > 5C > 2C > 214C > 6C > 22C > 5D > 66 > 2C > 22C > 6A > 22C > 5C > sjc j.B > j.C > jc j.B > j.C > j.D > j.C > j.236AAAA

Is this the one you were looking for?

Yes,that's the one. Thank you. I love the damage from that!

EDIT: When it comes to characters with DPs, do you use bubble oki to bait them out or do you just go for straight damage?

The combo thread seriously needs an update...

What's the standard air throw combo? I remember seeing some shit like Air Throw > 6A > 6C > 22C > (dashing)5C > 6A > 236B and that's what I've been using. Anything better in terms of damage and combo carriage? What about corner throw combos from both the air and the ground?

meant to reply to the above post hours ago, forgot to hit post reply lol

throw corner would look like: Air Throw > j.236C > j.5C > 22C > 5C > 236B > 6C > j.236C > j.5C > 22C > 5C > 6A > 236B > oki

depending on the height you may need to air throw > 22c at the beginning

Anyone know if I can get a higher damaging combo off fan then I can with pan? Something that is actually worth the heat.