Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

How long did it take -you- to get proficient with your main?

About a month of CS, and six months of CT. Always gettin' better, though. Always practicing.

Always practicing.

People just don't know man how much this improves their game.Hours of practice,watching match videos of your character and having a love for the game too. I still have much work to do but going into practice mode is very rewarding at the end of the day, I RARELY drop combos and hit confirming has come almost second nature to me.

Because despite what my sig says, I don't really have a character iv thought of as my "true "main"so I still suck hard at a lot of stuff. Dropping combos, using attacks I know I shouldn't, constantly losing to Tager with Mu ect. I know that to get super good, I should focus on one character, but this game has so many I like that its really hard to just dedicate all my time to only 1 or 2 characters. However, I guess I still do decently online :/

Edited by Rev_180

1 Month to learn the character, and an other one to Get it under control perfectly, not that I'll ever be perfect with it but you get the point :)

That's how it was with Litchi in CT, that's how it went with Makoto and that's how it is right now with Tao, a couple more weeks and my Tao will be just fine.

During my first month with the character, my Win / Loss rate is at about 25%, after that it starts going up quickly.

1 year + and still going.

Not entirely sure how anyone can learn their character entirely in 1 or two days.

I learned enough of Arakune to put up a fight online in a couple of days. I still need to learn dive loops and more advanced tactics though.

1 year + and still going.

Not entirely sure how anyone can learn their character entirely in 1 or two days.

I learned enough of Arakune to put up a fight online in a couple of days. I still need to learn dive loops and more advanced tactics though.

I've been playing since around March this year on CT. I don't think I got good with Carl all the way through CT, and I wouldn't say I've really gotten good with him (and Tsubaki) in CS until just recently. Still pretty mediocre though, but I'd say it took me about 8 months. 4 if you only count since CS's release.

It honestly depends on how fast you learn though. This is the first fighter that I've played seriously, although not really competitively.

1 month of daily 3 hours in training mode with CS Litchi

3 hours you say? Hell, I thought I was special with my one hour a day (and still sucking at consistent combos). Looks like I'll be upping my game :)

I finally felt like I reached the point of mastering Makoto about last week, so 3 months? I play every friday from 8pm to 4AM (not straight, just the interval) with a bunch of friends and I'll go to training mode occasionally for about an hour to experiment with combos, tactics or specific match-ups.

I'm proficient with my main? O_O

lol. Took me a few weeks to get decent with Hazzy.

Fighting games is all I play competitively and I have a great FG background. Lucky me I've been surrounded by amazing players from smash bros to the dbz budokai games to street fighter...you name it! As for BB, didn't take too long...especially since I main Tager. Now it's all studying matchups and upping dat yomi game since CT.

I'm still working on it. I've played a bit of Third Strike and SSF4 but BBCS is my first serious game. I don't even know if I can call it serious though... I want to get involved in my local scene but it seems like most of them play SSF4 and BB is on the backburner. And it doesn't help that I'm shy... fuck. :/

Excuse me for being a n00b, but at the risk of getting flamed to hell and back, what does Free mean? I've only recently started hearing this (recent being yesterday during St1ickbug's stream).

Excuse me for being a n00b, but at the risk of getting flamed to hell and back, what does Free mean? I've only recently started hearing this (recent being yesterday during St1ickbug's stream).

It means you suck so hard that every time you fight, your opponent dosen't even have to try in order to beat you. Hence the term "free".

When I first got CT, I decided to main Noel because she's easy to learn.

But after a month, I decided to main Ragna instead and has been focusing on him since. (Subs: Jin, Hakumen)

Can I use "Still not what I consider good enough after nearly 2 years of BlazBlue games" as my answer? Then again..I use Noel...and I will only consider myself "good enough" when I can beat Litchi 50% of the time...as is, I can't even beat her chest 1 out of a million times.

Seriously though, I maybe win one of of 20 against god tiers. I even manage to win 40% against Tager now...but god, I hate god tier.

I've been proficient with Bang since probably mid summer at the first "minor" NCI (Which dated me at one year playing BB and fighting games), but I've still got a long way to go in becoming good at the game.

I like the way how I use Ragna. It feels like my own style most of the times. It took me a month to understand the character bnb's, another two weeks to mix it up between intermediate and counter hit combos. After all of that I decided to focus on more RC and better execution for former tactics (honestly, I never bothered with Ragna Blood Kain. It's useless to me). It took another two weeks to adapt to CS Ragna changes as to gradually improve execution and understanding Belial Edge.

Have a background of Melty Blood for 3 years. So learning BB was really simple.