Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

How long did it take -you- to get proficient with your main?

You never master your main.

Ever.

You always learn new stuff.

Took me like 4 months of practice before I could really do really long combos with Makoto.

I'm STILL working on teh Loli.

Makoto and Lawlgna too.

Loli was my original main, and the problem is, I often find myself practicing more with Lawlgna and Makoto than Loli and tend to forget a few combos with Loli >_> It's an annoying process. Mastering is hard, especially with multiple chars under your belt, since muscle memory is a must.

I've been playing with Hazama for a year and I'm still trying to not do wake-up houtenjins...

My Valk is...heh...well he's not much better, but he improved at a better rate? I mean I didn't really start playing him until CS2 came out, and I'd say my Hazama and Valk are ALMOST equal. Hazama is a bit better, but it could only be because he's so damn good.

Anyway, it'll take me probably another whole year before I can consider myself 'proficient'.

I started BB around 2 months ago... 1st month I started playing Jin... Then I realised that maybe its not the good character for me since I still couldnt do a 4k combo... So I picked up Platinum, I felt that her combos were closer to my play style, but I felt that her drive was too random for me sooo 2 weeks ago I picked up Ragna...

I feel Ragna is the good character for me, I can do near 6k combos in ranked/player matches if I can corner someone, but I only know 2 "decent" combos sooo its pretty hard to always do those 2... Im still practicing though, I suck at blocking (and instant blocking) and at mix-ups... If someone wants to pratice with me add me on PSN: Androfff ...

Edited by Androfff

NEWS FLASH

5000 Games played and I still suck! Tager is my most played (I do not know how this happens) and pretty much everyone in the roster has been played around 300/500 times.

Forever casual.

Well It would depend on what you call proficient cause I can do all 10 of my main's challenges flawlessly but I still make stupid mistakes when i play people. I also haven't learned to repress the urge to astral when I get the chance

But it took me like 6 months for me to get to where I am now

2+ years and counting, now, and I'm fairly sure I can't call myself really proficient with Rachel. But eh. Probably depends on your definition of the term.

Learning new stuff all the time, all the time.

Played ragna since CT and there are still so many things I don't do well though I have learned that approx 1-2 months is enough time to become proficient with a particular aspect. Things such as : inferno divider or gauntlet hades mastery - while I continue to get better with these tools regardless of my focus, focusing on a particular aspect can do wonders for your game performance.

I've been playing Jin since CT and I feel that I'm OK with him. I know I am nowhere near JP level but I feel that I can hang with some of the best in the US. I always find myself wanting to get better and striving for it so in the end, you can say that I'll never find myself proficient with my main.

Then again... Jin main's can't really say they are proficient with their character since every update of the game he has drastic changes so that we have to re-learn him again LOL!

i jumped from alot of mains over the years. in CT i played Jin and was complete noobish and ass with him. in CS i mained hazama for a good while but i never looked too much into the mechanics in the game. in CS2 hazama changed a great deal and his new bnbs were a freakin [ain to do with pad so i chose Tsubaki because of how much better she became in CS2. i think that was a few months ago? i was going through a fighting games crisis because i didnt know which one i wanted to make my main game (BB MVC3) i chose BB in the end a few months ago cuz <MVC3 is just too salt induced and noob friendly. anyways i know wat to do wioth Tsubaki but i still cant ionput in all the matches consistently. Im thinking of picking up Relius, Valk, and Mu in CSE to see which one may cater to me even more. but yea its a really hard hill to go up cuz of all the other stuff i have to do (school, work, art career) so i dont hgave as much time to focus on BB as i like

i jumped from alot of mains over the years. in CT i played Jin and was complete noobish and ass with him. in CS i mained hazama for a good while but i never looked too much into the mechanics in the game. in CS2 hazama changed a great deal and his new bnbs were a freakin [ain to do with pad so i chose Tsubaki because of how much better she became in CS2. i think that was a few months ago? i was going through a fighting games crisis because i didnt know which one i wanted to make my main game (BB MVC3) i chose BB in the end a few months ago cuz <MVC3 is just too salt induced and noob friendly. anyways i know wat to do wioth Tsubaki but i still cant ionput in all the matches consistently. Im thinking of picking up Relius, Valk, and Mu in CSE to see which one may cater to me even more. but yea its a really hard hill to go up cuz of all the other stuff i have to do (school, work, art career) so i dont hgave as much time to focus on BB as i like

UMVC3 should only be played with friends the salt from the X-factor victories is harsh and...

DAMN YOU TRYING TO PICK UP S-TIER Valk too? What is your preference being stupid (all over the place), being one step ahead, or a zoner? This should help you pick up a character a lot easier.

As for me Carl is a bastard takes a century to learn, Valk isnt a problem you can pick him up in a shorts time easily. It helps watching the Japanese play but sometimes that can backfire as youll pick up their minimal bad habits

UMVC3 should only be played with friends the salt from the X-factor victories is harsh and...

DAMN YOU TRYING TO PICK UP S-TIER Valk too? What is your preference being stupid (all over the place), being one step ahead, or a zoner? This should help you pick up a character a lot easier.

As for me Carl is a bastard takes a century to learn, Valk isnt a problem you can pick him up in a shorts time easily. It helps watching the Japanese play but sometimes that can backfire as youll pick up their minimal bad habits

my typical playstyle is pretty hard to put into words. i usually play characters who have alot of tricks up their sleeves and can mix up no problem. Tsu isnt a mixup queen but shes still able to confuse most people who dont know the match up, and Relius just looks waaay too interesting to ignore. when i was playing CS2 on the psp valk was extremely fun. but i never bought him on my xbox and my psp is MIA, i dont wanna shell out 7 bucks to get him then by EX a month later. so ill just stick to Tsu and wait for the game to come out. i guess im bored easily? i only play the characters with a realy nice niche about them but not too hard and technical to learn at the same time (hell no to carl and rachel) alot of the casts playstle bores me a great deal. especially Ragna, Bang, and Noel. i seriously dont like watching them. but thats just me, im known for my gdlk pickyness

So far, my collective time would add up to about a year, and that's not even a high level of proficiency. Blazblue is my first fighter game that I put a bunch of effort into, and first one for a console (Well .. except for SSBB). (I remember back when I was in Asia and I played a bunch of Arcade)I'm pretty good as Tager (no grab spam lol) and that took me about a few days to learn his BnB's and a few weeks to learn some decent techtraps. I've been playing Ragna since CS1, I really miss his grab combos (I envy those jins now >->). Ever since CS2 I've tried out Hazama (That didn't work out well), Tsubaki (never found the right balance between charging and attacking), Noel (I'm good as Noel, all that's left are those pesky haida loops), Taokaka (Dang 8 8D loops), Lamda (I'm also good as Lamda, I need to find decent annotations for advanced combos though), and I'm starting Hakumen now.

I feel my main -> sub ladder goes like...

Tager -> Noel -> Ragna -> Lamda

Although sometimes my Lambda can beat someone my Tager can't, lol, silly match-ups.

(My first post, how was it? Too lengthy?)

I feel my main -> sub ladder goes like...

Tager -> Noel -> Ragna -> Lamda

Although sometimes my Lambda can beat someone my Tager can't, lol, silly match-ups.

(My first post, how was it? Too lengthy?)

Nah not too lengthy, i envy u because ur so open to the characters lol until Extend comes out im just Tsubaki all day, even with the gawdawful matchups

I envy people who are 100% loyal to a character. I could never stick with 1. My "Ace" up my sleeve is the fact that if you beat my Mu, I can whip out (An arguably stronger) Bang.

And if that doesn't work is just get asspiped and pick Makoto.

It took me about 1 or 2 months for platinum, her combos were super easy, but her pressure was awkward feeling at first, and some of the matchups still get me. Always practin' though

I'm adequate with Platinum now, I can at least say I was better than I use to be. I can now pull off 6C>22C combos on a somewhat normal basis. The first few months I played with her, I only called myself proficient because I could take others out with her effortless 3k or 4k combos in the corner lol.

Actually it's was only till around October I actually decided to learn to tricks with her.

Hmm not sure a little over a year but I like to play other games to. Maybe if I stuck to playing BB 24/7 a few months to master Hakumen then but I'm always improving

It took me a long time to get proficient with Tager. After dealing with everything Tager had to deal with in CT (Nu and the fact that EVERY character regardless of whether you are in the corner or not they can jump behind you), my defense and awareness greatly rose. I was hype when CS rolled around and my defense carried over into about the mid life of CS then it dropped off due to not having many people to play with. Even my friends that were once better than me in the game (they were GG players but I was a nob to everything GG and BB) quit once I started winning over them. Wow too much rambling.

Not sure if I would be considered proficient but it took me about 4-5 months to be able to win with Platinum. And it took me about two years to get decent with Litchi ever since I got CT.

2 months later, and I'm still bad. (Some have said I'm doing okay, but I'm not fully satisfied with my W/L ratio in a room most of the time)

CS2 is not technically my first fighting game, but definitely the first fighting game that I've taken seriously.

I don't know when, if ever, I'll be happy with my Noel performance, but the only reason I've gotten to where I am is because of the Noel mirror matches I've had online, the support/critique I get from Noel boards, the Noel combo videos on YouTube, and watching some Noel mains at a few of the more recent majors (i.e. SKD @ NEC; dsmoove @ SCR)

It took me until just recently (like, 2012) to be proficient with Ragna. And that's just because I didn't take the time to play and practice this game as much as I wanted to. Still learning other characters though.