Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spark

[CS2/EX] Hakumen Info and Discussion

The changes wuku listed just blew my mind. So you can Yukikaze against Lambda's D swords and she can't do anything about it?

All those moves are air unblockable? Damn.

Also it looks like we can get some followup combos on counters after all, at least.

Hakumen

5A, 5B, 4C, 5C, 6C, Enma: Air unblockable

5A: 5A>5B gatling works.

2A: 2A>5A works

5B: Can connect to Enma

2C: has wider hitbox. Startup is pretty similar to CS1, just slightly faster.

3C: wider reach. Can combo into 2B only if counter hit

4C: special cancellable. Stun impact of the counter hit is removed. Hit recovery once normal hit is quite short so you need good hit confirm to do followup combo.

5D: can connect to 2B and 5C. Damage decreased. Proration increased

2D: can connect to 5C

6D: can connect to 214A and 6C

JD: can’t connect to anything..

214A: hit stun increased. 214A > 5B or 3C works smoothly.

623A: moving slightly shorter, you can’t even notice if that’s really shorter.

236B: has slower startup (unconfirmed). Does Less damage but not sure if negative proration is completely gone or just increased. 236B > 214A > 6C works. Enma combo beginning with this does about 3200 dmg. 2nd hit does wall bounce on special circumstance but not sure when it happens. It rarely happens. (corner) 236B > 6C >blah blah combo does 4000+ dmg (maybe max damage?)

41236C: you can see 5000+ dmg with zantetsu > enma combo even if at the field. Techable on hit even if you’re mugen mode.

Air 214B: nearly impossible to combo on normal hit. Maybe you can do hjc. Once fatal counter, you can do air dash J2C> 2C> blah blah combo.

Air 214C: (Corner) tsubaki > 2C > blah blah combo does about 4500 dmg.

Counter Super: super flash appears only if you successfully counter. If you use this against Lambda’s D moves, Hakumen already cuts Lambda during the recovery of Lambda’s D moves..

Mugen: consumes meter faster than CS1. you can’t do tsubaki instant kill combo.

Meter Gain: little bit slower but not that much.

Guard Primer: reduced to 5

Counter Assault: it uses 6A motion now. .

i am liking all of this.

a few combo changes here and there, well we're hakumen so we get over that, hes looking pretty decent. and combos off counters oh baby~

Just quickly reading all that, I think I'm really going to like this new Haku.

Of course, need to see it in motion. I'll get to reading it in-depth later.

Less damage overall. Even less damage in the middle of the screen. All the carry combos seem to be intact. All mix-up options are intact. Nerf to normal hit on hotaru makes no difference because if you land it 99% of the time it's a counter. Additional hitstun and gatling makes comboing easier (overall inconsequential).

Additional moves being air unblockable is great, although that just means 2C has been relegated to a combo piece only move. Not a big deal.

If they didn't nerf block stun on 5A, that move is going to be outrageously good.

Did Yukikaze get faster? Interesting stuff, nothing I we Hakus can't deal with.

I suppose that change from his loketest about all of his C attacks being faster weren't true or changed?

I don't think Yukikaze is faster.

I think the recovery on Lambda's D moves are longer, so she doesn't have time to escape.

hmm...excellent changes, but how does his damage compare to the rest of the cast? doesnt seem like he hits hard as he used to.

I don't think Yukikaze is faster.

I think the recovery on Lambda's D moves are longer, so she doesn't have time to escape.

That and no freeze frame start up on yukikaze.

With those changes, can I still assume zoning Tager is still pretty simple with a little more risk in our faster C moves?

Our answer to 6A seems to be 3C and unless we're magnetized, it's not like we're going to stop trying to poke him. And the beginning of B Sledge as an approach is still ripe for 4Cing. Or countering...

I'm going to assume it's the super armor on 6A and Sledge when trying to jump in for a meaty combo... which was useful in old CS, but not so much on CS2 I guess.

I'm really excited to hear about the new changes. The new air unblockables and the Yukikaze changes sound pretty sweet. Best of all, they gave us drive combos back :D

New Haku sounds great on paper, I can't wait to see him in action.

im guessing this isnt the full list? d follow-ups make me happy. super counter hitting lambda off her blades that makes me REALLY happy :)

I think they are still in effect.

5D > 2B > 5A or Guren > air BnB

2D > 5C > Enma BnB

jD won't connect anything

6D still unknown

hop 5C (tsubaki?) > Enma BnB seems to be techable in between.

2B > 5A then jA jB dj j2A jC seems to work

poster says have only tried mid screen guren into 6C so no actual input

also adds that enemy seems to be at a lower point in midair so might be harder to connect.

5D > 2B > Guren = Works on Jin and Ragna etc., unconfirmed on Carl etc.

Tsubakopter test in the corner. Seems Tsubaki won't connect into anything more than 4000+ combos. Mugen instant death combos most likely back to hard difficulty due to the loss of Tsubakopter.

5D > 2C > Guren > walking 5C > Guren etc.

poster noted this just as a comment to weird combos coming out of 5D. Says usual step 5A BnB might connect.

From 5C > 2 5C combo 4200 (I most likely think this is just to confirm the 2 5C combo still is intact)

Corner Hotaru Tsubaki BnB 5300 (Again, just to confirm combos)

Inserting 6C can lengthen combos a bit (? not sure if this goes with the previous note)

Corner 6C > BnB 5500

5D > 5C > BnB 3100

Connects but blue beat during the combo.

Close 6D at corner then j2C > 2C > BnB 2600

Some tested combos, pretty sure midscreen it ends at dash j2A, j2C probably falling j2C for inbetween.

5C > 623AA > jc > j2C > 5C > 5C > 623AA > jc > j2C > 2C > jc > j2Ax2 > air dash > j2A > jC > 5C > 3C

Hotaru > Tsubaki > 2C > jc > j2A > j2C > 2C > jc > J2Ax2 > air dash > j2A > jC > 5C > 3C (Most likely corner since I think Tsubaki has that weird floor slide now)

5D > 5C > 623AA > jc > j2C > 2C > jc > j2A > air dash > j2A > jC > 5C > 3C

6D > j2C > 2C > jc > j2A > air dash > j2A > jC > 5C > 3C

No charge for 6C?*

This poster and a following poster says that after some play, Hakumen's movement feels noticeably slower.

J2C activation slower, Enma BnB seems easier to pull off.

Midscreen damage overall seems to be lowered but maybe compensated with drives new perks.

Most likely will see more Enma BnB rather than Guren BnB because of more meter gain and to compensate the big damage midscreens.

Renka combo will work in corners.

Seems to be 6C has no charge on it.*

6C now may be useful outside of corner pressure.

5A j2A gatling helps a lot.

Makes it easier to go in with this. (Most likely through air pokes.)

Meter gain seems bad but poster says it didn't bother him because he hardly use Tsubaki Zantetsu.

Can't rely on Hotaru.

6D can connect to a 2600 combo with 0 meter. Seems great for meter gain.

Because of 6D giving base 1400, countering Cantata might be hilarious.

5A > j2A gatling may have potential for a bigger damage combo in midscreen.

5A > j2A > air dash > jA > jB > land 5A > jc > j2A > air dash > j2A > jC

Something like that.

Corner throw > 6C > 2C > BnB works (I forgot if this works for both forward and back throw, most likely forward due to the way poster mentions it.)

Summarized posts, if anyone have any more insight on it or finds wrong info just fix it please.

(sorry for the length, wanted to finish this in one view)

credits to itsme thank you.

discuss.

Hmm, one of the posts said that there was less untechable time on j.C, meaning you couldn't link another j.C or 5C > 3C anymore (goodbye corner knockdown), but according to this one it looks like we still can. I'm not sure which one is true.

hm, 5B connects into 623A in CS1, doesn't it? I remember doing it sometimes, i mean, even 2A goes into if you do it fast enough.

the new hotaru coutner combo sounds ridiculously easier now that I don't have to time/space my jump after it.

I'm glad the ridiculousboat 6C is gone, I missed the old one.

5A 6C as anti-air is kind of...I don't know, ridiculously good, though. 5A is already really good right now.

"3C: wider reach. Can combo into 2B only if counter hit"

oh godammit.

Hmm, one of the posts said that there was less untechable time on j.C, meaning you couldn't link another j.C or 5C > 3C anymore (goodbye corner knockdown), but according to this one it looks like we still can. I'm not sure which one is true.

Maybe stricter timing? It's not like connecting another attack after jC in CS1 was too hard.

Then, now that we don't have jD anymore, what's the new airbone tool? I honestly don't like relying on hop+Hotaru too much.

Shippu does 4000 damage in Mugen, no matter when you do it. That could be a great finisher.

I also noticed that combos aht have renka on em seem to be way lower in damage rather than if you do enmas.

I'm kinda noobish so i tend to to 5c>renka>enma to stuff for a usual 4.something K.

Now i think that it's going more on the 5c>enma j2c 5c another enma for same amount of stars for possibly more damage(or at least matching cs1)

this will badly affect the wall combo though. so i guess people will also lean more on enma rather than the renka starter on wall.

New Hakumen looks very strong, with less reliance on certain choke-point aspects in his gameplay (Too strong jD, always enough meter to Hotaru, etc)

I really, really like the way he is looking.

Yeah, he looks pretty nice. Although it's weird seeing him not doing that much damage. I wonder if he's still supposed to be a hard hitter (relative to the rest of the cast). It doesn't seem like it.

Some of his stuff seems so much faster. I felt like I was watching him on fast forward.

Also it looks like we'll have to do away with our famous 1 star = 1000 damage rule... because we'll be lucky if we get that.