Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CS2] Litchi Combo Thread

If you've only attempted it with them in the air, then there's no point in saying you can only do it in the air because you wouldn't know. You haven't tested all situations.

The point of me saying that I can only do it in the air is that I can tell that I wouldn't be able to land it on the ground. My experience with doing it in the air suggests that where you connect 5B[m] influences how much delay is required. There's already a lot of delay required to connect 6D(1) instead of 6D(2) from 6B[m] CH on, say, Jin (it even crosses up sometimes and they go the wrong way, though you can still follow up like usual) so I don't know how I would do it on the ground.

I have a new question/issue. I'm trying to do this combo that I often see where Litchi pins the foe in the corner (usually with 6D), follows with 236B, 63214A, A, B, 236B, 236A and so on. I can't seem to land the 236A. I can do it fine without the combo but when I perform the combo it's like the game doesn't even recognize my command input. Is there super strict timing for this?

I have a new question/issue. I'm trying to do this combo that I often see where Litchi pins the foe in the corner (usually with 6D), follows with 236B, 63214A, A, B, 236B, 236A and so on. I can't seem to land the 236A. I can do it fine without the combo but when I perform the combo it's like the game doesn't even recognize my command input. Is there super strict timing for this?

Not strict so much as it's not what it looks like visually. You're probably doing it too early.

You need to delay the second 236B for good few frames to make the combo work.

If you're getting no output, you're probably doing it too early. You have a ton of time to do this because hatsu has like a million years of hitstun and you can only input the haku when you're on the ground anyway. If you start getting haku and it whiffs, you're doing hatsu too fast. There is a lot of room for delay here if you don't do the j.2B hatsu combo (which you probably won't, most of the time). To see what I mean, do the Ippatsu B with no followup and see how long it takes the training dummy to tech. You want them to be pretty close to the ground.

Another very easy trick for timing is to dash before doing Hatsu > Haku > Chun after Tanki Hatsu.

That dash did it. Now it connects. Thanks for the awesome tip. ^___^

The dash is just a way to fill out the empty if you can't delay it right.

Or perform it midscreen.

For midscreen, you do dash hatsu, not haku. You also have to dash the 5B and the ender changes as well, depending on how far the staff is from the corner.

I managed to get farther with a challenge 7-like combo on a player (got to Hatsu->6C(1)->Kote->dropped), but whenever I try to do it in training mode The computer always techs before I get to the staff using ReachA. It was red on the player, so he said he couldn't tech....Is there a trick to it?

Hatsu>6C(1)>kote ?... i dont get what combo you mean or what your trying to ask be more specific please :b

I managed to get farther with a challenge 7-like combo on a player (got to Hatsu->6C(1)->Kote->dropped), but whenever I try to do it in training mode The computer always techs before I get to the staff using ReachA. It was red on the player, so he said he couldn't tech....Is there a trick to it?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about something like an Itsuu, 4throw or 3C[m] opener where you do 6C(1) 4kote Hatsu, but he's got his moves in a completely impossible order (I don't see how or why you would do hatsu 6C(1).

In any event, anything involving Itsuu and Riichi A requires a fair bit of practice, and there are dozens of ways to consolidate doing them. If you clarify the exact combo you're trying to do I can probably help.

in TM now, for challenge 7 just delay the itsuu- a slightly or do the kote 4 as 4421 d

Oh. It's back throw into Itsuu A. I take it you didn't play much CS1.

There's a lot of ways to do this. The most consistent is to dash kote (6623D) and delay hatsu. You can definitely get away with just doing a delayed hatsu, though. You should also make sure that your hatsu Riichi A Ippatsu A input is basically as fast as possible.

I'm not very snappy on some things yet (360 dpad) but I've been noticing a few thing sthata have gotten me father and more solid...little by little. It's going to be a while. Unless I have the game myself.

Hi, I'm having trouble with the dash in the Tsubame combo: 5b 5c(1) 3c Tsubame 5b 6c(1) 6kote dash 9jbcb. Jump b always misses because my dash is too late, and I want to know what's the exact timing to input the dash. Can the dash be buffered during 6kote? If so, then at what instance do I input it during the time she says "you ask for it!"?

You might find it easier to do 4kote by the way. I'm pretty sure you can't buffer the dash after kote (I don't at least), the timing is pretty much how it looks visually. Off the top of my head I would say start inputting 669B at when she says "for", someone correct me if I'm wrong.

LK - when you make the CSE version of this, try putting starters up top, followed by confirms.

When you name stuff (BnB 5b 5c 3c and such), try to make clear labels for it, as if it were a normal itself that we have to remember.

If you have time, have someone record a single cut of you or someone doing each combo, then break them up and upload, and include link next to each. That should help, too, even though it's a little work.