Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] Johnny vs Order-Sol

ORDER-SOL MATCHUP INFORMATION

Poking Game

More to come!...? You can help!

Strategy

Specific Punishes

Setups/baits

Knowledge

One of the best bits of advice that I have to give is that order sol is the king of beating out anti Okizemes. So the best bet a lot of times when he charges you when you are on wake is just to simply block. One thing that is a good way of handling his Gun Blaze on wake up is to dash forward to avoid everything all together. When he does 6K, you can easily do the OD, and lastly if he tries to jump over you should 5P (trust me it works a lot better than 6P because 6P has too much startup and usually ends in him getting a counterhit into big damage). When he is running in avoid throwing the coin because he runs right under it into a free combo so stick to 5K, 2S, 5HS, 2D, 2HS, 6HS (but you have to anticipate), and MF S or K. Avoid rushing him down when he has a lvl 2 and 50% tension because you will get hit with Savage Fang every second. Also something I do to get great damage is to bait out his Storm Viper by simply pressing 2K early before he wakes up and depending how scrubby the player is they'll fall for it often. Also by all means if you intend on jumping on him, USE DIVINE BLADE because if he is a good HOS player and counter hits you with 5HS into a combo it will at least be in the 200s. Besides that he is really not that much a threat.

My gameplan thus far against Order-Sol: position myself about a f.S's length away from him, watch him carefully, and counterhit what ever he tries with 5K or HS. Order-Sol's low jump let's HS double as anti-air. In fact, you can practically throw whatever you want in front of Order-Sol and it would be just as well. Been working for me so far. I agree about blocking on wake-up. You can just weasel your way out somewhere else. But I wouldn't recommend trying to dash, or backdash, out of Order-Sol's GunBlaze oki. They're doing it incorrectly if you can dash or backdash. 6P is still good, provide you can see what he's doing early enough. But if you miss your chance to 6P, 5P is a good second-chance. Level 2 Savage Fang (the huge gun flame) is quite fierce. For those not in the know, if you were not blocking before its super flash, then you can't block it. Yes, if you are jumping in, beware of his HS. Don't commit to anything too early. Double-jump if he tries to HS, or air-throw or block the Storm Viper, and hit him in his recovery. Once you're in too deep for him to HS, then do whatever. But why jump-in in at all when just standing in front of him limits his ability so well.

6p beats out long range Rock It clean. Even Order Sol forcing you to block long range pokes and then charge cancelling into another one can still be interupted by Johnny's 5s(f). Punish his gatlings to 5d and 2hs with Johnny's 2hs, better done on reaction than mashing cos HOS can just j.hs and mess you up bad.

My gameplan thus far against Order-Sol: position myself about a f.S's length away from him, watch him carefully, and counterhit what ever he tries with 5K or HS.

that was an "i win button" and btw with low jump property OS has, jo 5hs/3hs was actualy a good anti air :vbang:

btw i pokes with Fafnir and the local Johnny Player usualy chipping me to death :gonk:

Is it just me or are enkasus impossible on hos?

Unless you spend tension, it's nearly impossible to get 1-hit En on HOS and Sol.

Unless you spend tension, it's nearly impossible to get 1-hit En on HOS and Sol.

and even then, they're still the hardest enkasu's to land.

are there any rc ensenga one hits you can use against hos? i'd rather spend half tension on that than quarter tension on an enkasu i have a high chance of screwing up.

and even then, they're still the hardest enkasu's to land.

are there any rc ensenga one hits you can use against hos? i'd rather spend half tension on that than quarter tension on an enkasu i have a high chance of screwing up.

Thats what i've been doing, pretty much just remove j.D in whatever combo you're using, and just Ensenga RC if you're going for the knockdown.

For the most part though, it evens itself out because in the corner if you use 25% on a Killer joker FRC to get the enkasu, you still have to spend another 25% tension to get a mist FRC out. If you just RC the first hit of ensenga, you dont have to worry about the 16 frames of recovery upon landing.

u dont have to take out the j.D... ensenga is 2 hit regardless so just make sure u rc before the 2nd hit. it evens out? for setting the mist safely it doesnt even out.. or are u talking in the context of recoining? if so.... frc kj is the preferred even though the timing has to be delayed by a lot.

u dont have to take out the j.D... ensenga is 2 hit regardless so just make sure u rc before the 2nd hit.

it evens out? for setting the mist safely it doesnt even out.. or are u talking in the context of recoining? if so.... frc kj is the preferred even though the timing has to be delayed by a lot.

No, ensenga isnt a 2 hit regardless, ensenga has a first and second hit, in alot of combos if you dust before ensenga ONLY the second hit connects, the two hits both have different uses, the first hit is landed for a knock down if the second hit whiffs, the second hit is used for damage, and in damage combos, your point is to absolutely make sure that the first hit whiffs, because it reduces the damage of ensenga since the first hit reduces the guard bar.

If you RC an ensenga, the mist is 100% safe, you can 3h meaty from a throw > j.k>j.s>dj.k>dj.s>ensengaRC > land> mist > 3H meaty.

Try any corner throw combo on HOS with a double jump in it, the ensengas second hit is the one that connects because of pushback. Granted you can do a single jump combo with a dust in it throw > j.k > j.s >j.d > ensenga first hit RC, but you dont gain as much tension before the RC, and it does one point less of damage. So its all in all smarter to do throw > j.k > j.s > dj.k > dj.s > ensenga first hit RC.

I spend more time in practice mode learning combos than most people do playing the game, i try not to ask things unless im really baffled.

Even for recoining, the extra point of damage is better for doing the double jump, removing the dust, and getting the extra damage and tension gain prior to the RC.

I dunno about the double jump combo with no rc enaksu.. for example,in the context of ur listed combo: ksks e u CAN add a jd and still get ur RC one-hit. u just gotta jump a bit earlier. when u said mist... u mean its safe to do the mist without doing the followup frc?

I dunno about the double jump combo with no rc enaksu.. for example,in the context of ur listed combo: ksks e u CAN add a jd and still get ur RC one-hit. u just gotta jump a bit earlier.

when u said mist... u mean its safe to do the mist without doing the followup frc?

Yes, its safe, if you RC ensenga you dont have to wait the extra 16 frames of recovery upon landing, so you can mist immediately once you land.

Bacchus sigh is 53 frames without an FRC, 41-46 with an FRC which makes it safe off of regular enkasu combos, regular enkasu combos you have to wait 16 frames to start the mist anyway.